Product Chat / Character start pose/animation

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2015 09:47 Edited at: 25th Mar 2015 09:51
Hi all
Hope someone can help. I am trying to get one of the characters, any character for that matter, to start off taking a knee. What I have managed is to find the animation in the fpe file for eg:

csi_crouchidlerocket = 6472,6545

I then insert these in

;anim
animmax = 1
anim0 = 6472,6545
playanimineditor = 1

using this with conjunction ai_neutral.lua as I don't want them to fire. More like props in background with some minor animation.
In the editor, when I select properties, the characters are in the correct pose but when I launch test mode the characters are standing upright.
I am not sure if it is a conflict with the neutral lua. I've tried editing that (I'm not a programmer) but with no real effect except for the occasional lua error message,
Any help/response would be appreciated.

EDIT: apologies if this posted in wrong place. Mods please move to correct location. Thanks.
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2015 11:02 Edited at: 25th Mar 2015 11:08
Hi Isagabe

you would have to find the animation in the animation list. it is a text file. the you will need to modify the scripts start to set that frame start number. Find out which character that they are using with the AI_Neutral script.

The defender soldier has the kneel in it. trying to find the animation.
I think they are calling kneeling, crouch. and you will need to decide if there is a weapon.
You just have to find the first frame of that animation.
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
Isagabe
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you synchromesh
I will check it out. Regards

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-06 01:05:03
Your offset time is: 2024-05-06 01:05:03