Product Chat / Zombie Warehouse Video

Author
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2015 00:34 Edited at: 23rd Mar 2015 00:37
I was playing around again...
A little warehouse with zombies...

Without Zombies I had much more frames (+50%)... with Zombies the fps are around 15-20.
We need more... PERFORMANCE !!!!
Maybe someone will say now use a trigger, spawn them... thats not really working here on a small map...

BUG Alert!!!

The warehouse has 2 floors. Floor 0 and 1.
I can not place zombies on floor 1, because if I stand under them at floor 0, they can beat/kill me from floor 1....
Same with weapons, ammo, if they are on floor 1, I can collect them from floor 0. (see video at 0.15 -0.20 there is nothing at floor 0)

The object lock feature with the transparency is nice.

Old school FPS fan, DOOM!!! Why GG not working on my AMIGA 500?
PM
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
not saying i dont agree on the performance but it has improved a lot on open terrain and pathing on objects has pretty much only just been added and there is a lot of objects for your zombies to process in your map, hopefully a lot of improvement to come there, also recording is bound to slow it down more.

as for the floor issue, a reduction on the GetPlayerDistance(e) y range should fix that, i assume they still use the original maths which did indeed have quite a big allowance.
life\'s one big game

windows vista ultimate

i5 @3.3ghz, 4gb ram, geforce gtx460, directx 11
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2015 04:42
The zombie attack radius needs to be reduced for multiple reasons. They can attack you through walls.
i7 -2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz - Windows 7 - 8GB RAM - Nivida GeForce 420 GT
MooKai
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2015 10:30 Edited at: 23rd Mar 2015 10:34
That's what I mean, they can attack me thru the roof/floor. And I can also pick up things from the floor above me.

Yes, recording reduces the framerate too. But the framerate was already low, without fraps recording.
PM
TazMan
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2015 11:04
Are these the Zombies we have been waiting for from TGC, because if so I don't have them. Could someone tell me how to get them.
HP Pavilion Laptop, AMD A8-4555M APU with Radeon(tm) Graphics HD Graphics 1.6GHz, 8GB Memory, 64 Bit Operating System (Windows 8.1), 1 TB Hard Drive.

I've got something to say - It's better to burn out than fade away.
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
HI Tazman

Click the + on Characters in GameGuru and you will find your Zombies
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
TazMan
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2015 13:43
Thanks synchromesh I missed that. Very cool
HP Pavilion Laptop, AMD A8-4555M APU with Radeon(tm) Graphics HD Graphics 1.6GHz, 8GB Memory, 64 Bit Operating System (Windows 8.1), 1 TB Hard Drive.

I've got something to say - It's better to burn out than fade away.
nuncio
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2015 09:19
hi! i have started building a map with the warehouse and i have the same problem. i have a console in the first floor and i can activate it when i'm in the basementm thru the wall! i can collect things that are one floor above me without using the stairs. this is very nice but not the way it's ment to be

Quote: "as for the floor issue, a reduction on the GetPlayerDistance(e) y range should fix that, i assume they still use the original maths which did indeed have quite a big allowance"

how and where do i have to repair this?
https://de-de.facebook.com/nunciogame (my point and click adventure)
http://www.nuncio-rap.de (everything i do in my free time)
3com
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2015 12:56
This happens too in Classic/Reloaded, prompt you about open a door while you are in other floor, no nice when you want hidden something. I think it has something to do with the entity range.
I want the player having to pass closets of the entity (IE a hidden key or door), in order to get the prompt.

3com
Laptop: Lenovo - Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 1005M @ 1.90GHz

OS: Windows 8.1 (64) - Ram: 4 gb - Hd: 283 gb - Video card: Intel(R) HD Graphics

PM
nuncio
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2015 13:45 Edited at: 24th Mar 2015 13:47
yes that's what i tried to do as well. i found out that the range seems to be different for every object. the SciFi console (from sychromeshs website) that i was talking about has a very large range.
i wanted a key that's hidden in a closet to open another door but i have magic powers and can grab a key thru the floor and thru a closed door this would be nice in real life, please but not in my map

edit: @mookai: nice video btw. i also like your flower island. you have nice maps, very detailed.
https://de-de.facebook.com/nunciogame (my point and click adventure)
http://www.nuncio-rap.de (everything i do in my free time)
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
in the global file is this code

try change it to this

it should be more accurate but it'll also mean you need to get closer in general - which may mean you need to tweak other scripts if they use low distance values - i tested with the door (100 range) and it still works ok though.
life\'s one big game

windows vista ultimate

i5 @3.3ghz, 4gb ram, geforce gtx460, directx 11
MooKai
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2015 19:46
@nuncio thanks flower island was just a test, to see how many trees I need for a bad framerate hahaha
PM
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2015 00:06
Added multi-layer AI for characters and Zombies attacking through walls to my list, thanks for the report!
PC SPECS: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, Intel Core i7 920 (PASSMARK:5008), NVIDIA Geforce 9600 GT GPU (PASSMARK:752) , 6GB RAM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-06 02:45:04
Your offset time is: 2024-05-06 02:45:04