Feature Creep / In-Depth Editor (Idea)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm starting off by saying I haven't bought Reloaded. It hasn't appealed to me enough for me to buy it yet. Maybe I'll regret it later, maybe I won't. Time'll tell.

So My idea has two sides, one goes towards the Terrain Editor, I think we should have a Height Map Import / Export function, as well as a more in depth perlin-noised "random" terrain level.

Second... I really... Would love if we could have a Indoor-Only editor, with a unity like 3d Drag-n-drop type of view... I don't like this Construction Kit, it seems like some random Minecraft like voxel build editor, and... That seems to rule out detailed indoor scenes. I hope Indoor gets attention, as open world games are nice, but I do not like 'em...

So yeh, my idea can be TL;DR'd into;

Better Perlin Noise generator with player input on settings for random-generated worlds, height map import / export, and an Indoor Editor without using the "Construction Kit" Thing.
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2015 00:03 Edited at: 22nd Mar 2015 00:45
Welcome DarkJames, Nice to see you over in the GameGuru boards.

Yes, I myself as a modeler consider inside levels very possible now. With way more freedom.

Even in classic, I only used floor segments for characters to walk on, and everything else was made in a model program, and in sections, not being restricted to the 8'4" segment size. Allowing me to get more detail where I want, and not have the double faces and faces I don't need to show, completely being removed. Not having straight boxed hallway, unless really wanted in a section or map.

The, building block style approach, does not really interest me, but will make easier for those with out modeling skills, to have the ability, to construct some elaborate things. Media will still be needed to be generated for it, so to provide more styles and flexibilities.

I hope you will follow the progress that GameGuru takes, and remember you can still get your hands very dirty under the hood of simplicity now with this editor.

Hopefully it moves in the direction you feel, that the new investment will provide even more challenges to achieve, and even easier ways to set game scenarios up. It defiantly can provide an afternoon of fun for way cheaper then the movies.

As far as being able to import and export a terrain height map, that is a requested feature, and will make for better scene setup and placement of more complex structures.

Thank you for posting.
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-02 14:42:45
Your offset time is: 2024-05-02 14:42:45