Product Chat / New weapons and characters

Author
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2015 17:03
Hello guys
I was checking out the store and found too many objects and buildings but very few weapons and no character.
Why do not we join forces and create the characters?

forgive my english
The software I use? ... Autocad, sketchup, Spazio3D, pconplanner, Kerkythea, wings3d, paint.net, torque3d, AxixGameFactory, PD particles.
PM
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2015 18:29
Yes. Please do, look for Bond1 video on how to make your skeleton ragdoll, ready, and then start it out.

His videos can be found on youtube.
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit

HarryWever
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2015 22:19
Hey Pirate Myke,
He uses a 3ds biped version. how do get that file.?

Harry
Harry
PM
0Alemar0
Years of Service
User Offline
yes could be a lot more easy if we have the bip not just the fbx...
www.alemargames.com
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2015 03:28
@ Harry: You can get that here.

https://forum.game-guru.com/thread/209329

Enjoy.
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit

Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2015 03:30
I will have to see which script controls those animations for you.
Then you can tailor that script to fit your needs, or just drop in the standard animation set, or combine both ideas.

Stab in the Dark software
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2015 16:19 Edited at: 21st Mar 2015 16:49
I would not use any of the old skeletons or animations.
The old skeletons did not have their rotations zeroed in the first frame/default pose of the skeleton.
They need to be zeroed to work correctly with the ragdoll physics and for rotating the character towards the player.
The latest version of the masked solider has less bones than the original and has it's joints rotations zeroed.
You can open the masked solider in Fragmotion and export the latest skeleton and animation as .bvh
Do not use the medieval or zombie skeletons because the joints have not been zeroed.
I emailed Lee about this but he has not fixed it yet. If your wondering how I know this is because I wrote the ragdoll physics code.

I recently helped the author of Fragmotion to correct some bugs in the Fragmotion exporter for .x and .dbo files.
The . x and .dbo now correctly export for use in DBPro and Game Guru. He has just release this new version.
I am making a video tutorial on how to export a human model from the (open source) Make Human software and
import into Fragmotion to add the skeleton and animation and export to .x and .dbo for use in Game Guru.

P.S. How do we enable mailback?

The coffee is lovely dark and deep,and I have code to write before I sleep.
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2015 16:31
It is true there are slight differences, in them, but to practice on, this is a good rig, Watch bond1 video on Zeroing the joints and making them ragdoll ready. I have brought in 4 characters this way already.
Not perfect, but practice is practice.

You can bring the Uber soldier into fragmotion and export a FBX file with all the current animations. That has the most. All weapon positions.

The soldier have waypoint animations, and their scripts are primarily for waypoint use.

The zombies are free roaming, and their scripts are written for range instead of waypoint usage.

Study both, get a grasps on the differences, and apply the technique to your characters.

The biped on the link I gave is different then the one on the TGC site. And I have confirmed, that this is a newer version, but not all that are used right now. there are 6 or 7 bipeds now, for different uses.

Hope that helps more.

Old Larry
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2015 16:59
I've saved as ".obj" file, but still can't use it in blender or other some free software....
Smile today, tomorrow could be worse

http://bestradiolarry.ro/fpsarea/

"The best forum, game software, operating system or web platform, it's that software which can give you most of the features and speed, not just amazing graphics."
Stab in the Dark software
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2015 17:45
You need the .bvh or .fbx file format.
What software are you exporting the .obj file from?
I have attached the .bvh and .fbx files from the Uber solider that I exported from Fragmotion.

The coffee is lovely dark and deep,and I have code to write before I sleep.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2015 23:23
I would do a little research on what it actually takes to do character animation, or retarget bipeds to other meshes. Then I will talk with you in about 6 weeks when you realize what your are trying to undertake.
.obj file is for non animated meshes. There is a lot of theory to learn for this. Don't take it lightly and blame a defect on the programs. Characters might be stock as they are called. but they where custom media to start with and are fully functional.

There are things you need to understand about how the mechanic works. Take that 6 weeks and become familiar with it.

Or wait for the character kit. I personally have learned what it takes, and it takes understanding and order, to make it work proper. or it wont work in the engine.
Or in any engine.
Same with weapons, Skinned meshes attached to a rigged bone set, or skeleton.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-05 09:09:38
Your offset time is: 2024-05-05 09:09:38