Product Chat / When can we expect feature additions?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2015 16:28
When can we expect to see some of the major feature enhancements that we've been waiting on for some time. There are so many things that need to be added to the engine, and connections for LUA, yet right now everything seems to be about Multi-player.

Player/Camera LUA control
Expanded textures for terrain painting
Improvements to terrain editing so edits look more realistic
Improved entity placement
Video integration
Etc, Etc, Etc

"THERE IS NO SPOON"

AMD 6300 6 core 3.5 ghz, Windows 8.1, 8GB ram, GTX 650 2GB ram
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2015 16:52
Multi player teams will come out this week, I am told. As for your other features, I can not say, As I find out only days before you do. Best answer I can offer you.

Thank you.
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit

SorrowCrown
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2015 10:00 Edited at: 17th Mar 2015 10:02
Hm..I wrote about features in other topic but it is sad how we are treated. I had big hopes for this engine and only thing that left is anger and sadness from what it became. Multiplayer map maker which can be easily beaten by DECADE old online fps games.
Intel core i7- 4790s, 8gb ddr3 RAM, MSI GTX 970 4gb ddr5.
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2015 11:07 Edited at: 17th Mar 2015 11:09
Hi SorrowCrown

In what way do you feel you have been treated badly ?
Multiplayer is a big feature and we are just trying to give you it as best as possible ..
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
@GoDevils.

We will be adding new features in a little while. We are now working on the few minor issues raised by both the GameGuru and Steam community, which don't amount to much more than tweaks. We have already started to add support for additional weapons.

@SorrowCrown

I'm sorry you feel sad, but GameGuru hasn't become anything yet as it's still early access and is constantly being developed. Since GameGuru's release we've had 9 updates in 20 days and we will be continuing develop it for many years to come.

We are focusing on what users want the most, and improvements to mulitplayer are high on that list and so are getting some attention. However, we're not forgetting about single player and along with stability fixes, these single player additions and additional features are Lee's main focus.

SC
i7-4770s 3.10ghz - Geforce GTX 650ti
SorrowCrown
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2015 11:39
Multiplayer is a good addition...but did you see how many games sinked just because they are repeating same game modes? Tdm, dm and bomb defuse is just old and only game which can hold up with this modes is probably CS, or maybe CoD, Bf.

I say bring something new to multiplayer. I wrote example of stopwatch mode in Wolfenstein Enemy territory which I also played on ESL. I played lot of clones of cs, cod and so on. Every single game which just copied these modes sinked and their community was about 50 people. I am more multiplayer oriented guy, and I play lot of Mp, but i see no future in such modes, because I have seen and experienced what became of those which didn't bring something new.

Another thing is..you realise that with conkit and character creator people can also create much nicer maps, that can attract more people to come? It is not important only for single player..
Intel core i7- 4790s, 8gb ddr3 RAM, MSI GTX 970 4gb ddr5.
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2015 12:10 Edited at: 17th Mar 2015 17:58
Quote: "Another thing is..you realise that with conkit and character creator people can also create much nicer maps, that can attract more people to come? It is not important only for single player.."

Hi SorrowCrown

Firstly can I say some of your Multiplayer suggestions are great and new ideas would be benificial im sure

Then on to the character and conkit quoting ...my answer in another thread...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It doesn't quite work that way ...
So the Conkit , Character Kit are dropped in quickly and then we get the ....
" My buildings or characters are not showing up in Multiplayer " threads ...
Its all a combination of single and Multiplayer so it has to be integrated correctly ...

Rest assured Character and Conkit are being worked on .... in conjunction with the Multiplayer updates ..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote: "Another thing is..you realise that with conkit and character creator people can also create much nicer maps, that can attract more people to come? It is not important only for single player.."

Your Spot On .... Which is why they both have to work in harmony together
PM
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2015 17:21 Edited at: 17th Mar 2015 17:32
At present I'm still waiting for these:

Quote: "
Expanded textures for terrain painting
Improved entity placement
Video integration"

I need to be able to use more than 4 terrain brushes in a single map. I know we can modify the 4 we have but that's not enough to create variety on a single map.

The placement of entities in the editor is a a pain when stacking. The widget is STILL TOO SMALL and not friendly to use on higher resolution screens. Also it moves all over the place still. I am unable to read it without changing my resolution or changing my computer set up entirely to a different display monitor. Also when moving the objects around with the widget menu it ignores the snapping mod you may currently be using. So sure its an easy game maker but its in no way professional yet in terms of actual map building. I hope someday this will be the case and soon.

We had video integration in FPSCx9 many many many years ago and it worked really well.
i7 -2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz - Windows 7 - 8GB RAM - Nivida GeForce 420 GT
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2015 18:29 Edited at: 17th Mar 2015 18:30
Hi Teabone ...

I can only really quote you what SC has already said....I am intrigued by what resolution your using though ?

Quote: "We will be adding new features in a little while. We are now working on the few minor issues raised by both the GameGuru and Steam community, which don't amount to much more than tweaks. We have already started to add support for additional weapons.
"

Quote: "We are focusing on what users want the most, and improvements to mulitplayer are high on that list and so are getting some attention. However, we're not forgetting about single player and along with stability fixes, these single player additions and additional features are Lee's main focus.
"
PM
The Storyteller 01
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: around
Posted: 18th Mar 2015 11:18
Quote: "We are focusing on what users want the most"

That's the problem.

Most "users" around here come from game development and expect GG to be improved that way. Judging from the old FPSC forums that are several hundred at most.

But the "users" on Steam - where you decided to market GG as a game instead of an editor - are probably the biggest multiplayer crowd in the gaming world with over a million participating in MP games every single day.

So when you say "what users want most", I expect GG to be tailored to the Steam crowd no matter what.
In case you find my grammar and spelling weird ---> native German speaker ^^
3com
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2015 11:35
I hope charkit coming with skin feature included, even parts of the human body such as beard, mustache, hair, scars, tattoos, etc. , this would help to customize characters.

3com
Laptop: Lenovo - Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 1005M @ 1.90GHz

OS: Windows 8.1 (64) - Ram: 4 gb - Hd: 283 gb - Video card: Intel(R) HD Graphics

PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2015 12:02 Edited at: 18th Mar 2015 12:02
Quote: "I hope charkit coming with skin feature included, even parts of the human body such as beard, mustache, hair, scars, tattoos, etc. , this would help to customize characters. "

Well I know this is possible ....

so im assuming loads of other features have been implemented as well
PM
3com
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2015 12:31
Nice to know, thanks synchromesh!

I'm so sure new great things coming soon.

3com

OS: Windows 8.1 (64) - Ram: 4 gb - Hd: 283 gb - Video card: Intel(R) HD Graphics

PM
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2015 16:14
At this specific moment in time, the feedback so far suggests the community want 'niggles fixing', so this has taken priority over all new modules. I know it's not sexy, but I think working on the core is never a waste of time, and a stronger foundation means adding new features becomes much simpler. Character Creator and heads are on hold while I attend to said niggles, but the CharKit is the first module on my radar once we have the core requests dealt with.
PC SPECS: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, Intel Core i7 920 (PASSMARK:5008), NVIDIA Geforce 9600 GT GPU (PASSMARK:752) , 6GB RAM

The Storyteller 01
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: around
Posted: 18th Mar 2015 20:26
Quote: "I know it's not sexy, but I think working on the core is never a waste of time, and a stronger foundation means adding new features becomes much simpler"

I agree 100%.
In case you find my grammar and spelling weird ---> native German speaker ^^
Errant AI
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2015 22:13
Quote: "I know it's not sexy"

Ahh but a healthy core is sexy!
Gigabyte P67A-UD4-B3, Intel Core i7 2600K, 16GB Corsair DDR3, EVGA GTX 970 SC, Win7 Pro 64-bit SP1, Primary monitor @ 1920x1080, secondary monitor @ 1024x1280
3com
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2015 16:48
but can be sexy, if Aiko come back.

3com

PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-05 01:43:40
Your offset time is: 2024-05-05 01:43:40