Product Chat / Hello, absolutely zero experience.. up for a challenge.. some questions

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi,

I've been playing about with Game Guru for a few hours and have a really... really simple single player level made up. (go me)
I also.. have absolutely no knowledge of game creation/scripting.. anything...

I'm essentially testing the "Create, play and share fun games on your PC with absolutely no technical knowledge needed!" to its breaking point
I've worked out spawn zones and AI waypoints..
I do have a question.

Like I say it's really simple.. start in a small village... wander up a hill and kill a "boss."

how would I get the game to end? eg, kill the "boss" character and get a "congratulations you win screen" currently in testing I kill the boss and... stay in an unpopulated game.. how would I end it?

any help would be appreciated

I make videos and write about games
Gaming:
https://www.youtube.com/MrGazHopelessGamer

PM
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Mar 2015 03:02
Either set up a win zone to end the game, Or if you are feeling ambitious, you could duplicate the script and add a text prompt to come up, saying what you felt.

The nice thing about this engine, is there are multiple ways of accomplishing what you need.
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit

DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
You could try a basic script on your end boss, or even another object possibly, but obviously that gets a bit more involved. The end zone is the easiest to achieve and with far less chance of breaking things. If you did try editing the script, I would recommend saving it as a new name to avoid messing up the original. You don't want to break it. Something checking the bosses health would do it, triggering an end event and closing the game. I did something similar in my commando game, although for a mid boss not the end game.

SPECS: Q6600 CPU. Nvidia 660GTX. 8 Gig Memory. Win 7.
Thraxas
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "how would I get the game to end? eg, kill the "boss" character and get a "congratulations you win screen" currently in testing I kill the boss and... stay in an unpopulated game.. how would I end it?"

Has the "isobjective" section of the ai properties been removed in game guru? FPSC classic had this option and you could use it to do exactly this.
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Has the "isobjective" section of the ai properties been removed in game guru? FPSC classic had this option and you could use it to do exactly this."

I think its the other way round..... I don't think that command has ever been implemented into GameGuru in the first place.
Perhaps something similar may come later ..
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2015 02:19
@Thraxas:

Yes this and a few other are still not back in the properties section.
All I could find, was they have plans for those, and took them out right now to avoid confusion with a section that were not functioning yet.
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 22:13:00
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 22:13:00