Product Chat / Compatibility with other Game Creators software

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Sorry if this has been asked before - I did a quick search and saw threads about the FPSC model packs but not this:

Is the older GC software (such as Tree Magic, Plant Life, CloudWright, ExGen, etc) compatible with Game Guru?

I see the modelling software does export to .x and .dbo - and even reference to LOD - but I wasn't 100% sure. Is there a list of the things that do and do not work with Game Guru, as I'd be quite tempted to pick them up. (Even more so the bundle with all the Dark Matter packs if they work...)
"Withhold no sacrifice, grudge no toil, seek no sordid gain, fear no foe."

http://www.rotarygaming.com
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Grimbarian

Tree magic I believe can be used and there is an old rock creator that is also compatible but the name escapes me ...
The others you mention if you own them you could try ....

Basically all you require is the .x model , the textures and create an fpe file.
Place them in a folder and copy it to GameGuru's entities directory to try it .....
if it works you can add a 64x64.bmp to the folder for the icon.
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
Grimbarian
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks synchromesh, I don't own them (yet) which is why I was wondering how compatible they may be with Game Guru

Quote: "Place them in a folder and copy it to GameGuru's entities directory to try it ..... "

Would the Import Model button not work with the .x files? I have a library of .x models from using 3DRad game engine, and have successfully imported a few of these (and some Sketchup models with a .x exporter) just using the Import Model button in Game Guru.

I haven't read up on the fpe file - what is that for?

synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2015 12:20 Edited at: 11th Mar 2015 12:28
Yes the import should work but the reason I suggested it manually was because many of these programs use multi textures.
I have found its not really designed for these types .... sometimes a texture is missing .

Every model has an fpe file like below ...editable through a notepad.
This one is a default for a static model ...you would alter the desc = / textures = ( leave blank for multitextures )
and the model =

This added to your folder with the Model.x and textures it should work in GameGuru

========================================================================================

;header
desc = FLOOR PROP
;visualinfo
textured = Panel_D.dds
effect = effectbank\reloaded\entity_basic.fx
castshadow = 0

;orientation
model = FLOOR PROP.X
offx = 0
offy = 0
offz = 0
rotx = 0
roty = 0
rotz = 0
defaultstatic = 1
materialindex = 1
collisionmode = 1

;statistics
strength = 25
explodable = 0
debrisshape = 1
transparency = 0
forcesimpleobstacle = 3

;ai
aiinit = appear.lua
aimain = default.lua
aidestroy = disappear.lua

;spawn
spawnmax = 0
spawndelay = 0
spawnqty = 0

PM
Grimbarian
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok - thanks for the explanation. Great stuff.

vrg
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2015 22:18
I used the old scifi pack from FPSC only the entities not the characters. The things I changed is the map structure in the FPE file to find the .x and the .dds files and the old AI fpi I changed to the new AI LUA. It is working
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I used the old scifi pack from FPSC only the entities not the characters. The things I changed is the map structure in the FPE file to find the .x and the .dds files and the old AI fpi I changed to the new AI LUA. It is working "

Great Glad you got them working... if you have old packs most of the "static" models will work out of the box but the newer fpe.s have commands like ...forcesimpleobstacle = 3.....which allow the character to follow you in buildings etc.....

I keep a template fpe handy and just edit it for any of my older pack stuff that I want to use
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-05 08:58:37
Your offset time is: 2024-05-05 08:58:37