Product Chat / Quick couple of ?s =Can I spawn characters via triggerzone? Character finding ground/surface?

Author
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2015 02:17
I have learn'd from FPSC Classic that it is best to spawn characters via triggerzone to reduce lag ! Can I do this with GG and if so how would one go about this?

Also.... I am having a problem with a character I placed in a guard tower....even though I find the surface with the enter key in the editor. During the test game the character 1st appears to be on the roof of the guard tower! Then when I get close the character drops down into place!...is there a way to fix this?

Side note: I have successfully been able to create a decent working sniper character by editing the lua script of the "Shotgun Soldier" and changing "hasweapon = modern\shotgun " to "hasweapon = modern\sniperm700" in the characters Fpe file with notepad!
Just so others know....

here's a screeny of my 1st map using GG/Reloaded....check it out!
ShN33Ky

Attachments

Login to view attachments
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2015 02:24
Place your entity/character on the ground, just outside of the building (to make it easier to view). Then left click on it again, and select "position" in the widget menu (should already be selected by default). Use the green arrow to move it up to what you thing the second floor level is. Then use the WASD keys, or arrow keys, to move the entity over (make sure you haven't deselected it yet). Now select "properties", in the Widget Menu. From there, you can use the "pageup/pagedown" keys to fine tune it's placement on the Y Axis (up and down); and the arrow keys for placement on the X and Z Axis (forward/backward, left/right). Use the mouse scroll wheel to zoom in and out, and left mouse button to swing the view around; while placing your object...to get the best view.

This can be tricky; but will give you the best placement control in tight, or multiple level environments.
Intel Core i7-4820K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 16GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770
PM
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2015 02:24
for the guard problem, try immobile=1, he should still go thru the motions, but not move thru the floors.
I will check on the rest for you.
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit

ShN33Ky
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2015 02:36 Edited at: 10th Mar 2015 02:38
TY for the quick response Pirate Myke!!!! But I have made the character immobile yet it still appears to be above the floor surface! I'v even tried to place a crate underneath....like I said the character does drop into position when I am close! Thats why I'm thinking triggerzone to spawn!

Your help is always appreciated....

sHn33Ky

Edit:....immobile=1?.....In the Fpe???
ShN33Ky
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2015 02:51
You could play with the offy in the fpe if its a consistent distance. Negative numbers are allowed.
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-05 03:24:56
Your offset time is: 2024-05-05 03:24:56