Product Chat / Game Guru Bug found

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I just tried to start up Game Guru to finish my game and i got Steam Error Failed to start Game - (Missing Executable) If i uninstall and reinstall will it delete my models and saved levels/work
PM
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2015 06:41
Hello jvwjgames, Sorry you are having this issue.

No, it should not, but there no harm in saving the map file some where else for a backup. If you have your own custom media, or media you have converted from past model packs. They should be fine.

Note: If you changed any of the stock models, textures, file setting, I would back those up, as those will be over written by an update.

I would try shutting down Steam and restarting first then trying again, before uninstalling it.

Reason. GameGuru is sending packets to steam in intervals, Mayabe one of there servers was unreachable the moment you press the start GameGuru button. It happens all the time, Internet is not a perfect system and is actually down more then you would think.

So maybe try that first.

The back up of your media is important and should be backed up anyway just for your own sanity.

Let me know if this helps. I will check back.
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit

jvwjgames
Years of Service
User Offline
Apparently my Game Guru installation was severely corrupted cause i right clicked on game guru and clicked on verify game cache and it said 178 files failed to be validated and will be redownloaded now. I will post back any updates to this issue.
PM
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2015 08:10
Good to know, Hopefully that takes care of it for you. I will check back.
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit

jvwjgames
Years of Service
User Offline
ok it fixed it it is fully working. Thanks again for your awesome support and thanks Lee and Rick for this awsome game creation tool.
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-03 03:57:26
Your offset time is: 2024-05-03 03:57:26