Product Chat / Editor Slowdown Responding

Author
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
My GG Editor is crawling along. Feels like a memory leak.
System : Advent Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit. Intel(R). i5-2310 CPU @ 2.90GHz. 8.00 GB RAM DDR3. Storage : 1389 GB : 1088 GB Free (1389 GB Total). Graphics : NVIDIA GeForce GT 530. Total Available Graphics Memory : 4095 MB. Dedicated : 1024 MB. Shared : 3071 MB. Direct X10

ShN33Ky
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2015 23:37
Just had the same problem Uman......I was working with steam offline and when I went back online everything smooth'd out!!!

hope this helps!

sHn33Ky
ShN33Ky
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Just tried it for the first time offline myself.....
I have to agree... Getting info ?
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2015 00:02 Edited at: 2nd Mar 2015 00:03
Ok guys problem confirmed and fix being worked on .....
Thanks for the information ... As soon as I have anything Concrete il get back to you
PM
Lance
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2015 15:03
I now am having problems with slow down even while 'on line' . Before it was just an 'off line' problem . It's gotten to a point that I am frustrated with this version . I am glad I still have a pre 'Steam' launch version (1.1) , and it works fine . The problem with that version was just not being able to edit the sniper rifle after it being place on a map .
I fired up my PC and started 'Steam Guru' before I did anything else on my computer and sure enough there is something wrong with this 'Guru' version and not on my computer . I feel 'Steam' is jamming something up when attached to 'Guru' ..

Lance
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
@Lance

Perhaps the problem is related.... The fix may sort both your issues ...
PM
Lance
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2015 16:39
I am not busy making money today in my shop so..... Been playing with "Guru' . Something that worked for me ( I only tried it 1 time) .

I was off line and tried editor again and it ran smooth so I tried it a few more times and then it slowed down again , strange . There is a Steam icon in the hidden folder thingy () on the task bar . There are options in the little drop down menu and one of them is EXIT . I hit exit and the icon disappears .I tried the editor again and Presto the editor is working smoothly . I am going to try a few more times later on today . I hope someone else can try this 'fix' and see if it helps .

Lance
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Great info thanks Lance
Glad you got it sorted
PM
Lance
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2015 18:02
Ever time you start 'Guru" it will try to 'log in' to Steam even if you are off line and the icon will appear , so if you don't want the slow down problem you have to exit Steam again thru the icon . I tried it several times now and for sure it fixes the 'problem' until there is a 'fix' . You can exit Steam even if you are in the editor , just ignore being asked to shut down the editor . It will just load what you were doing last time you were working on , even if you didn't save it .
From outdated DOC files to no DOC's at all , not good for new 'Guru' owners and some of us that have been here for a while .....

As you can see I an so busy today
Lance
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-03 02:31:53
Your offset time is: 2024-05-03 02:31:53