Product Chat / Is There A Way To Change Default Values In Editor..?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2015 15:18
Seeing as we haven't got a manual yet I was just wondering if there was any way to change the default values that the Editor starts with..?

So for example, having the Editor start with sand instead of that green grass.

There used to be a Preferences option in the original FPSC back in the day but there doesn't seem to be any sight of one for GameGuru.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
PM
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2015 15:21
I believe at thei point you need to open a new map, and set a start marker, Run test game.
Press TAB twice. Change the terrain style. press TAB again, and then press ESC to go back to the editor. That should do it. For now that is not an option, but is now on the requested features list.

I would save that blank map as a template to use for starting new levels.
Not perfect, but does work.

any other questions, just let me know.

Thanks
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit

snowdog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2015 16:14
Okay, cheers, thanks for that.

Was also wondering if there was plans for a manual of some sort even at this early stage..? I know it's early days but I was expecting something with the Steam release, I know there are tutorial videos that give you the basics but I prefer reading through stuff rather than watching stuff.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-03 04:12:58
Your offset time is: 2024-05-03 04:12:58