Product Chat / Editing off line

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2015 15:09
My PC is not internet connected all the time . While you can run the 'Guru' editor , placing objects down is a little jerky (stutter) . I did build a very small standalone and it works good . Most of my 'Game building' time is done with no internet connection mostly because I do it in my workshop in between my money making things . I use the software as a relaxation . I hope this can be fixed .

Lance
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Lance...

Editing either on or offline should not make a difference to speed issues however speed is obviously a priority.

Could you please post your PC Specs here so we can investigate..

Thanks
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
Lance
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2015 18:43 Edited at: 1st Mar 2015 18:46
My system : Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit. Intel(R). i5-4670K 3.40GHz. 8.00 GB RAM DDR3. Storage : 1220 GB : 1000+ GB Free . Graphics : NVIDIA GeForce 660 GTX. Total Available Graphics Memory : 4095 MB. Direct X10
I run 'Guru" on drive E ,C drive (SSD) is for the OS and stuff like that .

When running off line I go to place an entity ( building from store that works great in pre Steam build download ) .It moves slowly across screen (editor) and have to press and hold mouse button for a second or 2 to make sure it has been placed . I just tried adding a soldier and a female zombie and the editor just reset itself (reloaded level ) and had to try again to add enemy soldier and the zombie . Editor reset again but everything was there and was able to run test level . While going thru building there was a slight shudder (maybe 1 second ,looked like a huge frame rate drop) and then was able to continue to be killed by the zombie smoothly again . I don't save these tests , exit without save . I used the 'warehouse open buildinge1' from Valuable Assets , no special lighting or terrain . No prebake ..
Is Steam trying to check the assets I am using , trying to go on line ? I have been downloading and saving to FSPCR 1.1 and then moving them over to 'Guru' . Why , because I sometimes use 2 different computers . 1 internet connected and the other not .

Lance
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Lance...

Fault confirmed and fix on the way ...
Thanks for the information
PM
Lance
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2015 15:10
I just posted in "Editor Slowdown Responding " thread .. Things are not well ..
Lance
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
@Lance
Just answered that one as well with .....
Perhaps the problem is related.... The fix may sort both your issues ...
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-02 17:36:15
Your offset time is: 2024-05-02 17:36:15