Product Chat / Space battle

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi, it is possible to make a space game, i mean where the player is inside a battleship, and without ground or buildings??
PM
unfamillia
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2015 11:41
The focus for GameGuru was stability and performance in preparation for the Steam Release.

Space battles, Vehicles, third person and many more idea's have been mentioned by the development team.

Remember, this is a community lead project, so, if something is requested enough, it will surely happen.

Cheers

Jay.

synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi imothep86

Can you be a little more specific on what you want to achieve ?
If you are referring to a fps game where you are in the ship like the video below ( also created in GameGuru ) then yes.
Or are you referring more to a Simulator.

The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
imothep86
Years of Service
User Offline
yes i mean a simulator where teh player is inside a spaceship, flying a fighting others space ships, like a fps but in space
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi imothep86

I hope this gives you an insight into the future of GameGuru and Simulation

Quote: "Lee Bamber ( Creator ).....We do plan to visit other planets in GameGuru. As we discuss player modes such as swimming, underwater control systems, vehicle and pilot controls we inevitably talked about controls in the vacuum of space and how space craft might world HIGH HIGH in the sky. As you can imagine we would first have to implement some other features such as an infinite (planetary) terrain system, low and high orbit rendering and eventually a hierarchy of planets, solar systems, galaxies and so forth. I can predict that we would be making HEAVY use of LUA in this endevour as we have learned that hard coding these cool features means you're waiting a LONG time for them to appear in official builds. If we give you a fishing rod, rather than a fish, you can eat for life and similary, create the infinite variations of player and craft control through whatever context you prefer. "

I
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
imothep86
Years of Service
User Offline
but it is possible in that case, to make a racing game with floating cars like
http://www.ddmsrealm.com//wp-content/gallery/tor-ord-mantell/ddmsrealm-tor-ord-mantell-speeder-blasted-lands.jpg
in a desert for example with game guru???
PM
Errant AI
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2015 21:10
Unfortunately, It will be quite some time before vehicles are introduced in any meaningful way. Perhaps a year or more. GG is still very early in development.
Gigabyte P67A-UD4-B3, Intel Core i7 2600K, 16GB Corsair DDR3, EVGA GTX 970 SC, Win7 Pro 64-bit SP1, Primary monitor @ 1920x1080, secondary monitor @ 1024x1280

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-03 04:38:57
Your offset time is: 2024-05-03 04:38:57