Product Chat / "I have to hit "Ctrl" Button to make everything work?"

Author
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2015 04:50
So after the steam download everything was buggy! The App was freezing up and I did two thing's....I removed my FPSC-Reloaded-Beta 1.009 and I unblock'd my firewall! Still....the App starts up but freeze's on the load with the steam link picture.Then!....I wanted to take a screeny and found out (by accident) when you hit the "Ctrl"/Alt/Delet" button's everything starts working fine! Then I found out it's the "Ctrl" button.....Hit the "Ctrl" button if you cant load a map,start a new level,do anything at all! It work'd for me..

Now.....I have questions???...many Questions ???

1: Is the "Save stand alone" the build game tool now?

2: Can I import my Media models from FPSC Classic to my Guru?

3: Do I have to forward ports on a multiplayer game and is there an Rcon for a multi player game....?

Inquiring Minds would like to know.....all are welcome to ask or answer! Please use this thread to deal with the most recent download and update issues to our new GameGuru/Steam situation....

...it's going to be a fun ride Kids!!
ShN33Ky
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2015 06:49
Hello ShN33Ky, Sorry you ar having issues with GameGuru.

Quote: "1: Is the "Save stand alone" the build game tool now?"

Yes it is. The executable and the files are save to the C:\Users\YourProfile\Documents\FPSC Reloaded Files\My Games folder.

Quote: "2: Can I import my Media models from FPSC Classic to my Guru?"

Yes you can. All of the dynamic entities can be brought into GameGuru with the model importer or you can edit the FPE files yourself. There are veru few that have been reported as will not work classic models

Segment cannot be used in there classic form.
What you can do is import thru the importer the xfile for the static part IE:Walls, Frames, things like that, make that an entity, then import the dynamic part of the segment, IE: Doors or other animated things, then set them in GameGuru, assign the LUA script if needed for animation and you have your existing models available to you. With GameGuru, you don't have to stay with the modular squared off design of the old days. There are many more option and freedom for making you level.

Characters a little more of a challenge right now but very doable, with the know how. When the Character Creator is release, this will be a breeze.

weapons: I have seen users bring in classic weapons already, so that is very possible, I have done it myself. Depending on the rig that was used in the classic weapon will depend on the ease of getting it into GameGuru. Already a forum member has made 2 brand new weapons packs and they work great.

Quote: "3: Do I have to forward ports on a multiplayer game and is there an Rcon for a multi player game....?"

This answer I will have to find out for you.

As far as the issue the title states:
"I have to hit "Ctrl" Button to make everything work?"
I believe that this has been reported to Support already, but I will dbl check on that again.

Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit

GoDevils
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2015 06:55
Don't know what the "Ctr" key does, as I have not experienced any of this.

The download from Steam went well, The install went well, and once ready, it loads and runs fine, in fact a bit more stable than 009 and 1.01 version of Reloaded.

To question #2, Game Guru follows the same entity set-up as Reloaded. Therefore most FPSC models need a bit of conversion before they will work in GG. Changing the texture files to the _D.dds format, and creating a new FPE file. Characters need much more conversion using Animer and Mender.

I moved my personal files into the GG file structure, including some FPSC conversions and they seem to work just fine.

I still have 1.01 of Reloaded installed and no problems so far.

Not sure how its done but you might want to reinstall GG ????

Good Luck
"There is no spoon"
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2015 07:12
Glad the download and install went well.

Everything you converted for reloaded will work in GameGuru the same as it was. Classic stuff you seem to have a handle on that process.

Version 1.01 is installed in the game creator folder as it normally was

The GameGuru is installed under the steam\steamapp folder along with any other game you download from Steam.

Since this is monitored by steam, follow the steam procedures for uninstalling and reinstalling any game on Steam.

Let me know if you have any other questions.
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit

ShN33Ky
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2015 19:12 Edited at: 1st Mar 2015 19:12
Just a quick update on my "Ctrl" button issue.....

I have all my desktop items enlarged on my laptop so when I open GG I was not able to see the bottom portion of the primary load page where I was suppose to uncheck the box on the bottom left and click the close button on the bottom right.I reset my desktop view to default and everything is now running smooth as butter!

2 more issue's

1. I imported a few of my entities FPE files from FPSC Classic to my GG and they are showing up but are transparent/see through like ghost! I imagine this has something to do with converting PNG/TGA files to DDS ??? I can convert DDS files to PNG/TGA. Doe's anybody know of a tool that can render PNG/TGA files to DDS ??

2.I downloaded GG and Reloaded 1.01 on my older XP machine which has an older Gforce card.The App's open up but the terrain does not appear(it's Black).Entity's and the design halo do appear....? I'm thinking this is a shader issue if anybody has any input please let me know

Thank you
sHn33Ky
ShN33Ky
Jerry Tremble
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2015 19:36
Quote: " Doe's anybody know of a tool that can render PNG/TGA files to DDS ??"

Are you using the model importer? It will convert to .dds automatically. Otherwise, GIMP with the dds import/export plugin will do it.
MAME Cab PC: i7 4770@3.4Ghz (passmark 9945), 12GB RAM, Win 8.1/64, GeForce GTX645 (passmark 1898); Shiny new laptop: i7 4800MQ@2.7Ghz (passmark 8586), 16GB RAM, Win 8.1/64, GeForce GTX870M (passmark 3598); Old laptop: i5@2.3Ghz, 8GB RAM, Win 7/64, Intel 3000 graphics
PM
ShN33Ky
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2015 20:26
Yes I used the importer.......but I will try using it more! I used it on a blimp model and I'm thinking perhaps it's the scale I need to work on once a model is imported!

Another ?

Is there a quicker way to create an entire water level instead of having to lower the the terrain below the default water level?...to create an in the middle of the Ocean effect!!!

ShN33Ky
Jerry Tremble
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2015 20:46
Not that I can think of, sorry!
MAME Cab PC: i7 4770@3.4Ghz (passmark 9945), 12GB RAM, Win 8.1/64, GeForce GTX645 (passmark 1898); Shiny new laptop: i7 4800MQ@2.7Ghz (passmark 8586), 16GB RAM, Win 8.1/64, GeForce GTX870M (passmark 3598); Old laptop: i5@2.3Ghz, 8GB RAM, Win 7/64, Intel 3000 graphics
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-02 17:52:32
Your offset time is: 2024-05-02 17:52:32