Product Chat / Major Performance Hit with Steam Version?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2015 03:19
Is anyone else experiencing major slow downs? With 1.009 I was at around 30-35 fps on my laptop. With GameGuru (steam) I am at around 4-12 fps. I know this laptop doesn't have the greatest Graphics card but it runs Crysis and other game engines no problem. Haven't had a problem with this one till this version.

I'll try my desktop tomorrow, she's got a ton more power, but this is what I've been using with little trouble.

Lenovo Ideapad Y570
i7 -2670 2.2 Ghz
8 gig Ram
64 bit
GeForce GT 555m.
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2015 03:21
What's on your map? I noticed a massive performance hit when using various trees from the foliage folder. Talking -15 FPS with some of them...
i7 -2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz - Windows 7 - 8GB RAM - Nivida GeForce 420 GT
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Overall this seems as fast as it has been mostly. Some objects do seem to have issues still, tree02 being one culprit I have noticed for an age.

I find using the i tool as sparingly as possible will help keep FPS up and still generally work okay. Big clusters of trees all in one spot will slow things dramatically and quickly. Rule of thumb is don't overpopulate any spot if possible, obviously sometimes you have to, but if you try to be efficient from the start, you will get much bigger levels made.

I have just started putting a few tutorials up on my youtube channel. Just the one at the moment (the second is looking like it will take 7 hours to upload :0 ). There are several older ones and other related stuff there. It may be worth checking out.

https://www.youtube.com/user/RetroGamebloke

Not sure why you are getting such a huge difference in performance, unless it has perhaps defaulted at different settings than before? It could be the map of course. Sometimes you get problems moving from versions; I have had to bin many maps before now. Have you tried making a new test map to see if it performs better?

SPECS: Q6600 CPU. Nvidia 660GTX. 8 Gig Memory. Win 7.
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi raymondlee306

Is there any particular map you are using in GameGuru that this happens with ?
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-03 03:22:18
Your offset time is: 2024-05-03 03:22:18