Product Chat / I have my key codes for GameGuru.... now what?

Author
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2015 21:26
Am I to understand fps creator reloaded is now call'd GameGuru and I must download it from steam?If so How do I get the download? I have the 5 steam product key's sent to me in my email and created a steam account but I am only being given the option to purchase GameGuru.I am a gold Pledger??? ...Do I have to pay more money now to get the product???

....and will GameGuru come with a Game Build tool ???
ShN33Ky
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2015 21:47
Hello! Here's some relevant info here, on the changes: https://forum.game-guru.com/thread/210753

All you have to do, to redeem your key, is log into your Steam account, and head over to the games tab (on the top menu). Then, in the drop-down menu, select "Activate a product on Steam". Enter your key, and you'll begin your download right away. You have NOTHING else to buy, as far as the main application goes.

Of course, you can already build standalone .exe games in Game Guru! Any more questions, just ask.

-Keith
Intel Core i7-4820K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 16GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770
PM
ShN33Ky
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2015 22:01
Thanks keithC....I'm half way there! Just one more ? Do I enter all 5 product keys or just 1 of the 5 ????
ShN33Ky
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi ShN33Ky

just one key is all you need

The other keys are for friends or family so they also have a GameGuru
you can create maps play together online
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
ShN33Ky
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2015 22:15
OK thanks....just one more stupid ?

Will my GG work on my new samsung galaxy note4 ????

Just have to ask ...

ShN33Ky
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Will my GG work on my new samsung galaxy note4 ???? "

Sorry No GameGuru is currently PC only ..
PM
Northern
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2015 22:58
Hi,

KeithC wrote:
Quote: "All you have to do, to redeem your key, is log into your Steam account, and head over to the games tab (on the top menu). Then, in the drop-down menu, select "Activate a product on Steam". Enter your key, and you'll begin your download right away."

Sorry, I am lost with Steam system, because I never had used that service before. I have logged in my Steam Account and followed the KeithC 's instructions; however, there is no "Activate a product on Steam," option on the drop-down menu on Game Tab, as shown on the image below:

I need, if possible, instructions step-by-step about how to download Game Guru copy to my PC, using Steam Website.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Cheers,
Northern
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2015 23:07 Edited at: 27th Feb 2015 23:11
You need to install steam and run it from your desktop...You will see the menu on the top left of your screen
Pic below shows what you should see.............. Steam / View /Friends / Games / Help..
Select "Games" Then Select " Activate a product on steam "

Hope that helps

Attachments

Login to view attachments
PM
PopGun
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2015 23:09
the menu is at the very top of steam - not the product page menus.

you will see the menu; STEAM VEIW FRIENDS GAMES HELP < - under GAMES - you will see ACTIVATE A PRODUCT ON STEAM
copy ( 1 ) of your Guru Codes, and paste it in the Box for Enter a Steam Key.
STEAM will check what the code is for, you will see it list GameGuru, and just click next; it will automatically install
PM
Northern
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2015 01:10 Edited at: 28th Feb 2015 01:10
@Synchromesh and @ PopGun:

Hello people,

Firstly, thank you for your help. Very nice!

Finally, after a long download section, I have installed successfully the software GameGuru on my System PC.

Many thanks once again.

Greetings,
Northern
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
No Probs Northern .
Any other problems please ask
PM
ShN33Ky
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2015 04:13
I'm glad the I'm not the only one to have to figure this out!!! ...

After down load I had a few problems and I am starting to work them out and that's thanks to the help from you folks !

I have a few questions on the new down load and on Steam! I am starting one more thread only to deal with the current bug's that "We" are dealing with! The thread will be titled "I have to hit "Ctrl" Button to make everything work?" ! ...

All are welcome!..... I my self am a total Noob.

But I have been on FPSC Classic for over 2 years now! In an effort to keep the thread counts down I donate my next thread to ask/answer common question's by us Amateur's ??? Just stuff like importing media,the functionality of the Software,Bug's and fixes,building a stand alone Game,fpi script and special effects! Like I said I'm a Noob.....But I do-Not-like issues! They Bug me...Let's talk!)
ShN33Ky
kulet
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2015 04:20
Guys, I already received the steam keys, however, after I put the steam key, it says, product is already installed, is the early access key needed to be uninstalled first then, install one of the 5 keys? Or, just use the early access keys given to me? Is the early access key, good for unlimited upgrades?
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2015 04:38
That is a good questions Kulet, My early access key is still working as I have had little time to even look at them. I will ask about this and get an answer for the early access key holders.
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit

Jerry Tremble
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2015 04:52
Mine is still working as well. I expected it to expire like those free weekend deals, but it's still working!
MAME Cab PC: i7 4770@3.4Ghz (passmark 9945), 12GB RAM, Win 8.1/64, GeForce GTX645 (passmark 1898); Shiny new laptop: i7 4800MQ@2.7Ghz (passmark 8586), 16GB RAM, Win 8.1/64, GeForce GTX870M (passmark 3598); Old laptop: i5@2.3Ghz, 8GB RAM, Win 7/64, Intel 3000 graphics
PM
ShN33Ky
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2015 04:54
@Kulet

....Do you have the Beta installed? I had to remove mine....so you know!!!
ShN33Ky
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2015 04:56
you should not have had to remove your beta. as the Steam release is installed in the steamapps folder, and (reloaded) was installed into the C:\Program Files (x86)\The Game Creators folder.

I am running classic, reloaded, and GameGuru on my machine with no problems for any of them.
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit

kulet
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2015 05:48
Hey guys, does anyone know what to do with my problem? I mean, it's not a problem technically, but, does anybody here know what to do? Do I need to uninstall the Game Guru (Not the FPSC-R Beta) Early Access? And Install a new Game Guru from the steam keys given to me? Or just use the early access? But, with the early access key? Will I be able to update my game guru? Can someone answer me guys? Thanks..
Northern
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2015 06:00
Hi Kulet,

Did you try to uninstall it through Windows control panel > uninstall a program >GameGuru ?

Greetings,
Northern

PM
kulet
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2015 06:05 Edited at: 28th Feb 2015 06:11
@Northern, so I need to uninstall the Game Guru early access and install the new game guru with the keys sent to us? May I know what are the new features with those keys? Cause if ii will be the same as the early access, then uninstall is not needed. And if ever I uninstall the Early Access Game Guru, will my files still be there?

EDIT: Hey, I uninstalled it, and then when I re-install GG, it still uses the early access keys, now my question is, is the eary access keys given to us, is the same as the 5 keys given to us this Feb. 27, will the early access keys update automatically? If not, How can I uninstall the early access key, and use the new keys, given earlier. Thank you...
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2015 06:11
At the moment I would leave the early access key. It is working just fine on my machine. The question has been presented to tech support, and the answer should be coming soon.

Thanks for your patience.

kulet
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2015 06:22
@PirayteMyke, thank you so much, your always there with my inquiries. That's what I am also thinking right now, I will leave the early acces keys alone and use GG, so far, I am not having any problem, but the question is, will GG with a early access keys update? Another thing, gold pledgers will recieve not just steam keys but model packs right? So what are those model packs? Are those model packs already included in the new Keys for Game Guru? Or it's already in the early access keys? Lol, sorry, too confused again, and I am also excited with the keys given earlier, because I am expecting more features are included there than this early access steam keys for game guru, and I am guessing, the free model packs for gold pledge are also on that key, that's why I am a little bit being impatient. But, since you told me to wait, then ok, I will wait. Thanks again Myke.
Northern
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2015 07:07
@Kulet:

Kulet wrote:
Quote: "Hey, I uninstalled it, and then when I re-install GG, it still uses the early access keys, now my question is, is the eary access keys given to us, is the same as the 5 keys given to us this Feb. 27, will the early access keys update automatically? If not, How can I uninstall the early access key, and use the new keys, given earlier. Thank you..."

Sorry, I am a beginner with Steam system as well, and I am so confusing as you are at this time. All this mess is new to me also. For example, I don't know when the DLCs with the packs, will be released to pledgers. There are several questions without clear answers still. I believe next week TGC staff is going to clarify any questions remaining.

Cheers,
Northern
PM
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2015 07:19
Yep Gold pledger have more packs coming, Medieval characters and buildings and props are in the GaruGuru Steam Version now, as is the long awaited Zombies. , Cityscape entities, building trees and vegetation.

The other stuff is being commissioned right now, but I am not at liberty to know what those are yet.

yes questions will be cleared up soon about all of this.

Thank you for your patience.

Palace
Years of Service
User Offline
Managed to get through the install process. I've gone to File/Download Store Items to check. It asked to signin to the store. Couldn't use my steam account but managed to sign in with GC account. Says there is 1 item to download but getting an odd 650 error from the server. Is it just a case of trying again later?

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2015 07:29
Did you manage to link your steam account ? if it will not link or you are having trouble with the store, Sign out of GameGuru and steam then log back in and try it again. it has been a little fussy and doing this has been working for most people.

If this still don't work than please let me know.

Thanks

kulet
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2015 10:11
@Myke, Any news on my inquiries?
Jerry Tremble
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2015 14:21
My early access key is still working as well as applying updates as of yesterday (I don't expect there to be any updates today, TGC is probably hung over). I plan to wait on it to expire, if it ever does. If it does, I should just be able to re-activate it with one of the new keys. Just because a key expires, it doesn't get rid of the application on your machine, as evidenced by the several weekend trial games I have still on my machines.
MAME Cab PC: i7 4770@3.4Ghz (passmark 9945), 12GB RAM, Win 8.1/64, GeForce GTX645 (passmark 1898); Shiny new laptop: i7 4800MQ@2.7Ghz (passmark 8586), 16GB RAM, Win 8.1/64, GeForce GTX870M (passmark 3598); Old laptop: i5@2.3Ghz, 8GB RAM, Win 7/64, Intel 3000 graphics
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
The keys wont expire..... Consider it an extra gift from TGC
Isnt that great of them ...you now have an extra
PM
Jerry Tremble
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2015 02:14
Nice! That's good to know, syncromesh! Thank you, and thanks to TGC!
PM
kulet
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2015 04:28
@synchromesh, wow oh wow! I can use it on all the units in my office... I can now build my own full developer team, to make quality games.. Thank you so much!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-02 23:47:28
Your offset time is: 2024-05-02 23:47:28