Multiplayer / Multi-player Standalone

Author
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2015 13:41
Hi there, will there be an option for a standalone multi-player game? Because I wanted to create a multi-player game that can be downloaded as an .exe file and can be played by different players on my own server. So is it possible? A multi-player game without the game guru software? Thank you in advance.
snowdog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2015 14:12
Nope, don't think so. All multiplayer games use Steam's online infrastructure, you're better off using Steam's servers imo.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
PM
The Next
TGC Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2015 15:06
At the moment it isn't possible to run on your own server.

However GameGuru is always being expanded and if the feature is requested enough it will surely be added.
Windows 7 Pro, Intel i7 3.8 GHz (Passmark: 9021), 16GB DDR3, NVIDIA GTX 780 4GB Superclocked (Passmark: 8056)
PM
Old Larry
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2015 10:54
The Next wrote: "However GameGuru is always being expanded and if the feature is requested enough it will surely be added."

This is a good news for me because I don't liked to play my own game via Steam. Like was in the old FPSC, the multiplayer version must be independent and to not force players to make any account (and buy) from third-party software.
Smile today, tomorrow could be worse

http://bestradiolarry.ro/fpsarea/

"The best forum, game software, operating system or web platform, it's that software which can give you most of the features and speed, not just amazing graphics."
Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
@Old Larry.

As a current backer you won't need to buy anything as you'll be emailed a Steam key. However, you will need a Steam account to access GameGuru and all future updates.

SC
i7-4770s 3.10ghz - Geforce GTX 650ti
Old Larry
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2015 19:04
Scene Commander wrote: " you will need a Steam account to access GameGuru and all future updates."

What ?!? I must open an account on the steam to obtain game-guru updates ?!?
I've pay (pledge) to the game-guru, not to the steam

"The best forum, game software, operating system or web platform, it's that software which can give you most of the features and speed, not just amazing graphics."
snowdog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2015 19:14
We're better off with Steam updates than updates from TGC mate. With Steam it just automatically updates without you needing to do anything, whereas with GameGuru as it currently is at the moment you have to manually download the update and run it, uninstalling the previous build first. There were plenty of people that couldn't download the latest update for a while because the server was jammed, this won't happen with Steam.

GameGuru itself hasn't changed, just the way of installing and updating has...and for the better.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

PM
Old Larry
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2015 19:31
Another bad thing of Steam is the login method : Every time when I want to login on steam, I must wait for a code in my e-mail, and this is very frustrating.

snowdog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2015 20:54
How come..? All I have to do is log in with my Steam username and password, and you don't even need to do that every time if you check the box to automatically log you in each time you start Steam.

PM
Jackool
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Playing? Baha! Coding.
Posted: 25th Feb 2015 22:26 Edited at: 25th Feb 2015 22:44
Old Larry wrote: "Another bad thing of Steam is the login method : Every time when I want to login on steam, I must wait for a code in my e-mail, and this is very frustrating. "

If you save the computer when logging in then you won't have to do this every time and it will save your credentials on the PC you logged in with. Depending on where you log in from there will be a box that tells you to give the computer/browser a "Friendly Name"

If that is for some reason not working, open up Steam settings and make sure this is unchecked:

Alternatively, although NOT recommended (Steam requires this feature for some things like trading, not to mention you're safer when using this) you could turn Steam Guard off
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2015 22:40
Thank you for the information.
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit

kulet
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2015 01:37 Edited at: 26th Feb 2015 14:16
@Jackool, Seems your a new member, but the way your profile speaks for yourself give me a feeling that your from a place where I am also residing. , Where do you live? * Mod Edit - Team requests are not permitted on the forums. If you would like to discuss 'joining forces' with another forum user, please send that user a PM - Thanks.*

Ooops sorry for that, it's not intentional. Anyway, just really want to know where he is residing, because since my day1 in this forum, I haven't seen any Filipino's around.
AdebGameSoft
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2015 09:34
honestly I'm not happy, you forced people to buy game guru in steam to play your own multiplayer map. now way to make money with it, and this is not a game creator or game engine, game guru is clasified with game in steam . . .

which server you talk the game is hosted in your own computer...
AdebGameSoft
snowdog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2015 16:45
AdebGameSoft, TGC do have plans to make a standalone executable possible. It's on the list of things to do, if enough of us say we want it they'll raise it in the priority list.

PM
AdebGameSoft
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2015 18:21
and why gameguru have only steam edition
AdebGameSoft
Kalle801
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2015 23:16
Where can i find this list? I want Standalone MP too for my Dedi-Server...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-20 00:44:49
Your offset time is: 2024-05-20 00:44:49