Off Topic / A spy on yor hard drive

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2015 16:23 Edited at: 17th Feb 2015 22:31
What's hidden on your hard drive? Someone knows Is someone's government spying on you . Who would have ever thought that some code on the drives OS had a little extra hook in it .. Is the code embedded on a chip ? I bet it is and a regular Anti Virus company couldn't find it without special 'equipment' .. I personally have nothing to hide but .....
Those really old 25 mb hard drives are looking better especially if you do online banking and doing financial things on a mobile phone is not a good thing if not worse .
Look what a major electronics company finally admitted about their TV 'listening' to voice commands (and other things spoken) .

OMG : I am a conspiracy theorist . No , not me .
Lance

http://www.cnet.com/news/nsa-planted-surveillance-software-on-hard-drives-report/

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-31296188
PM
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2015 20:42
Well you'd need some sources or better explanation about what you are talking about. I understand what you are trying to convey but just...read the way you phrased it out loud.

-Wolf

"When I contradict myself, I am telling the truth"

"absurdity has become necessity"

79% Sale on my latest Scifi Modelpack. Get it here!
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2015 20:47
I found this thread by going through your hard drive first
an unquenchable thirst for knowledge of game creation!!!
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
the real question is why would i care?
not being offensive but surely the only people who should and would care are people with stuff to hide?
if it's only being used for major crimes (such as murder, terrorism, child abuse etc) then i would safely say i'd support such technology, anything less than that is just a waste of money though i guess - someone still needs to filter through all that information after all.
life\'s one big game

windows vista ultimate

i5 @3.3ghz, 4gb ram, geforce gtx460, directx 11
Lance
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2015 22:24 Edited at: 17th Feb 2015 22:32
I add a link to the stories about hard drives and very Smart TV in my first post ..

Lance
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-03 07:51:54
Your offset time is: 2024-05-03 07:51:54