Product Chat / Game Guru: What it means for the FPSC: ReLoaded Pledger

Author
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2015 18:20 Edited at: 16th Feb 2015 18:26
Hey guys.

There still seems to be some confusion; as to what Game Guru is, what happened to FPSC: ReLoaded, and what it means for the FPSCR Pledgers/Backers. I'm going to help clear some things up, and answer any questions you may have on the subject.

First of all; Game Guru picks up where we left off, with FPSC: ReLoaded (version 1.01). In other words, Game Guru is FPSC: ReLoaded; it's just been rebranded to reflect the ambitions that we have, for an all-encompassing game development platform. In the future; we expect developers to be able to create not only a significant First-Person Shooter experience (with Multiplayer capabilities), but other genres, such as Puzzle Games, Racing Games, 3rd Person-style Games, Educational Games, RPGs, RTS's, Space Simulators.....and so on.

As to what previous pledgers (which is no longer a purchase option, Game Guru will be available for purchase on March 2nd) will receive for their contributions and forward thinking. This is how it will play out:

* Gold: 5 GameGuru Steam Keys + 4 Model Pack DLCs due in 2015 (total value over $120)
* Silver: 4 GameGuru Steam Keys + 2 Model Pack DLCs due in 2015 (total value over $90)
* Bronze: 2 GameGuru Steam Keys + 1 Model Pack DLC (total value over $39)"

All purchasers of pledge packages will get free lifetime updgrades to the main engine. In fact, one of the nice things about having GG on the Steam Platform, is that there will be no more need to uninstall previous versions, before installing an update. Steam will auto-update GG every time an update exists and you log into your Steam Account.

For more information on Game Guru; check out the main store page here: http://store.steampowered.com/app/266310

If you have any more questions concerning the FPSC: ReLoaded to Game Guru conversion; please ask.

-Keith
Intel Core i7-4820K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 16GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi KeithC

I do have a question regarding steam....
Have to be honest and mentioned it before I REALLY did not want to be steam reliant and it was stated that we could still download a standalone version from our account...

However that now not being the case could you at least confirm once we have installed it ... Unless we want to play Multiplayer or update there will be no need to connect to steam at all ?
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson crusoe
PM
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2015 22:27
Once you install Game Guru; you will only need to actively connect to Steam in order to use the Multiplayer function, or update to the latest build. You can use GG in offline mode. This also goes for building a standalone Single Player game.
PM
kulet
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2015 02:24 Edited at: 17th Feb 2015 02:29
Edit: Ok, about the steam keys, Are those steam keys for multi-player only? And do we still need to buy game guru? Sorry for asking a lot of questions... And if we buy game guru, how would you know that we are the pledgers? Or... We will have a full working copy of GG + the freebies that you gave us? Will GG be just an update to fpsc-r that v1.01 that we have right now?
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
You need the steam key ( that will be given to you free ) to download and install GameGuru via steam
you will not need to buy GameGuru again

Once you have installed GameGuru you only need to go online via steam for updates and playing Multiplayer.

The GameGuru you get from steam will be the product with all the bells and whistles ( its still being worked on ) it will probably be even more stable with even more content and of course there will be no sign of FPS Creator Reloaded ... Everything from splash screens and text will be GameGuru

Only pledgers will get the Free steam Keys and gifts as shown below .....you don't have to do anything really except wait for your key on release day and install GameGuru via steam.. Everything else will be automatic

* Gold: 5 GameGuru Steam Keys + 4 Model Pack DLCs due in 2015 (total value over $120)
* Silver: 4 GameGuru Steam Keys + 2 Model Pack DLCs due in 2015 (total value over $90)
* Bronze: 2 GameGuru Steam Keys + 1 Model Pack DLC (total value over $39)"

Probably the free model packs will come later

I think I got it all right
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson crusoe
PM
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2015 03:42
^^^ What he said.
PM
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2015 04:56 Edited at: 17th Feb 2015 04:56
By the way it still says "FPS Reloaded" and logo on www.thegamecreators.com".
i7 -2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz - Windows 7 - 8GB RAM - Nivida GeForce 420 GT
kulet
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2015 06:08
@ synchromesh ohh hahaha got it now.. Wow thanks for the explanation, you helped KeithC on explaining to me

@teabone, yup for v1.01 still fpsc-r.. But after the steam release it will be game guru, and I am very excited with the 3rd person...

kjwtechno
Years of Service
User Offline
Will I have to rebuild all my game maps again with Game Guru? Or will it still be able to run my game maps that I have made with FPSC Reloaded?
Kenneth J. Williams
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
I loaded my old tests without any real issues....Maybe a bit of tweaking here and there but only for the better
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
kulet
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2015 06:43
@Synchromesh, I have a new inquiry, you clearly states that only pledgers will receive the steam keys. But, why are you guys giving away 50 keys just to test multi-player? I mean, I already also acquired the early access keys that was distributed for the Mp test, But it also downloaded the whole game guru... Are we sure that all members in Game Guru forums are pledgers so that it is ok to give away the keys? Don't get me wrong, I am again, confused, since as far as I know, you can only have free steam keys if you have a pledge, and if not, an individual must pay before it can have a steam key and download game guru fully? Isn't it unfair for people who bought game guru?....

Or the early access steam keys expires and the game guru will no longer work? Or, game guru will expire or the early access game guru cannot build a game? Or what? Sorry for being someone who asks too many questions.... Because if the early access keys means downloading a full working game guru, then this will be a problem, because people can pirate the software. I mean with that, they can easily use the software even if they didn't bought it and someone could send and upload it flying to torrent sites and free sharing sites.. I mean is there a limitation of Game Guru downloaded by early access keys? Cause if the limitation will only be multi player and updates of models or software, then, pirates can easily make their own models and create their own game fully with that game guru copy. So what, if they can't access updates and MP, it's already a full working game guru...
wizard of id
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: CSGO
Posted: 21st Feb 2015 08:15
@kulet

Don't worry, about wrong users getting keys, the system has a username assigned to email addresses that was used to make pledges.TGC can easily see who has bought GG and who has not, in fact a couple of users on the forum was caught this way, when asked to provide the email address a pledge was made from.

As for why the keys expired was due to TGC system issues. It's very likely these keys will expire again, and you will get you final key before or on 2 march. as mentioned in the first post.TGC is concerned about piracy, however they are not going to go ends of the earth to stop every possible copy being pirated, they would spend more time trying to stop it than spending time making the software awesome.

Lee always looks at the positive side of the matter hoping that users buy the software in the end,It's a touchy subject and not suited to this thread, their real concern is additional content made by them and store artists, as this is what provides the steady revenue stream, which they would much rather protect.
Win7 pro, Intel 2500K @3.7ghz 660GTX 8gig ram 16tb HDD
kulet
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2015 08:27
@wizard of id, ok thanks for the explanation. It's just that I am a bit worried because it always happens, even in other software that I bought in some websites, this always happens, anyway, piracy cannot be anymore stop so I guess we just need to go with the flow. It's just that I am really worried because sometimes, piracy destroyed communities like this one. Although there are times that piracy also helps the developers, if you know what I mean, but more often, it destroys community and companies. Anyway, if what you just said is true about the piracy protection TGC have, then I think, there's no need for me to worry. So.. welcome steam...
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2015 08:59 Edited at: 21st Feb 2015 09:00
Quote: "@Synchromesh, I have a new inquiry, you clearly states that only pledgers will receive the steam keys. But, why are you guys giving away 50 keys just to test multi-player?"

Sorry for the delay... I got roped into a nightshift at work

The keys given away to test the MP "are" specifically for pledgers .......Your just getting them earlier that's all

Piracy will always be a problem but actually steam makes it that little more awkward than a downloadable .exe ..
Even if you did get a pirate version it would not work on the steam multiplayer and if you tried you would probably lose your steam account as well..

I have purchased other editors on steam that have cost 70 odd pounds and are still pretty useless without good Knowledge of Unity but GameGuru is only £19:99 ALL IN !! ....To be honest that threw me a bit as I feel its worth far more
That being said even if someone did obtain a useless offline version its so well priced once they tried it they would find it less hassle and expense to buy the full version.
I think Lee has considered this and its the price really that could help kill the piracy aspect ...Its just not worth the effort for 20 quid....Not if you cannot update as regular as required etc
Very clever really
PM
RickV
TGC Development Director
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2015 06:45
@synchromesh - note the price is $19.99 (Dollars not pounds), so even cheaper!
Steam will certainly help prevent piracy and it will also improve the updating and access of builds to our customers.

Once you have a valid key that's all you will need, you'll get life time updates on GameGuru.

We want everyone to make games, so the price needs to appeal and the ease of user must make things simple for all users yet still have a great depth of possibilities.

Rick
Development Director

TGC Team
kulet
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2015 07:05
@synchromesh and Rick, thanks guys, not just for being good developers but also for responding on every inquiries that I have. Thanks and congratulations to all of you for making an awesome development software.

@Synchromesh, unity is easy to use in terms of terrain editing and level design, however, Game Guru is more user friendly and have lots of potentials, knowing that Game Guru will now add features like 3rd person etc... In FPSC-R/Game Guru, a developer or even non-developers or hobbyist can make a full working game in an hour, unlike unity, it will take time before someone learn the basic and create even just boxes and make them move. Only few are successful in terms of making unity games, but here, as I browse the threads, I have seen lots of projects that has been made, some are not that good, but some are exceptional. But the best part is, the not that good games created here is still better on some games created in unity. Although unity is a powerful tool, it will take people time to learn and it would require a lot of resources to make a playable Indie/Commercial quality games.

Thank you for making Game Guru, I can now fulfill my dreams. Thank you...
Bradaus
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
It wasn't even 12 months ago I paid $100 as a gold pledger. Surely you would have been planning an name change for the produce within the past 12 months. This should have been made clear at the start.

I paid the money because I wanted to support the project, however it does appear that by supporting the project and the progress the project has made due to other supports the $100 pledge was taken for granted by the team.

In less than 12 months I am asked to pay for something I was told I had lifetime upgrades and support. I was buying into a project that had been going for a long time. However now it has been "renamed" that is no longer valid.

That is the way it looks from a new person to this. A lot of people here have been supporting this project for a long time so would have no issue with it. From a new persons point of view (remember less than 12 months ago I paid so value for money is not there yet) it makes you think twice about paying any more money. How do I know that the same product isn't going to have another name change within the next 12 months and I am asked to pay again??

I like what you are doing with the software, that is why I paid the $100 however to not even have the software for 12 months I can't see value for money in it yet as there is still a lot of features not available like packaging up games with my own branding. And I was told this would be added in Reloaded only a couple of months ago. There was no mention of reloaded being made obsolete and this new product or "rename" meaning Reloaded will never have that feature and I have to pay for another product to be able to do this.

From a new persons point of view, looks very dodgy. From a long term TGC supports point of view, they probably saw it coming and know more about the back story than me.

$100, yep that is a bit of money to folk out on something however I believed in the reloaded project. I think it is a bit rich to ask someone to pay more money for something they have had for less than 12 months. I thing it is worse that this would have been planned for some time and new people where led to believe that the features promised in reloaded were on the way only to find out that "Reloaded" is no longer and they have to pay for a new product and only hope those changes have been delivered. Otherwise what is the point?

Do I still support the project. Yeah, would like an explanation from admin though. Would I expect admin don't request I pay the $20, Yes. Even though $20 isn't a lot of money. I believe the having it for less than 12 months would entitle me to getting what was promised and promoted. I stepped up and paid $100. I think admin should step up and accept that what has happened was not rolled out correctly.

Mod packs have to be obtained again I am assuming so all the mod packs I have are no longer valid.

I have seen on the other forum people say stop complaining about the name change. Fair enough if you have been with TGC for a long time. I am only new and have not seen value for money yet.

If had this for over a year and admin had told me this was happening soon I would pay the $20 no questions asked.
Win7 Ultimate 64bit, i7 , 32GB RAM Gskill, SSD, GTX 680, Logitech G19
Jerry Tremble
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2015 13:11 Edited at: 24th Feb 2015 13:32
Quote: " I think it is a bit rich to ask someone to pay more money for something they have had for less than 12 months. "

Who is asking you to pay more? I don't think you're getting it. You get lifetime updates to GameGuru. You get 5 Steam keys. You have already paid for this. 5 Steam keys = 5 licensed copies of GameGuru. GameGuru IS Reloaded, it just uses Steam now and has a different name.

Quote: "Mod packs have to be obtained again I am assuming so all the mod packs I have are no longer valid."

All your assets are still yours and any time you need to, you can still download them and they will still work (provided the artist updates accordingly, of course). GameGuru is still in Beta, just like Reloaded was, and features will continue to be added. Ultimately, there are really only two changes: the name, and the Steam Service.
MAME Cab PC: i7 4770@3.4Ghz (passmark 9945), 12GB RAM, Win 8.1/64, GeForce GTX645 (passmark 1898); Shiny new laptop: i7 4800MQ@2.7Ghz (passmark 8586), 16GB RAM, Win 8.1/64, GeForce GTX870M (passmark 3598); Old laptop: i5@2.3Ghz, 8GB RAM, Win 7/64, Intel 3000 graphics
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2015 13:31 Edited at: 24th Feb 2015 13:33
Quote: "You get lifetime updates to GameGuru. You get 5 Steam keys. You have already paid for this. 5 Steam keys = 5 licensed copies of GameGuru. GameGuru IS Reloaded, it just uses Steam now and has a different name. "

Jerry is correct... You haven't lost anything
Its only a name change everything else is as it was except as a Gold pledger you get a lot more rewards

Your steam version of GameGuru is free...
You will get a Steam Key emailed to you on release
PM
Bradaus
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
It says the release is on steam, I have to pay $19.99 to get it. If I don't have to pay the $19.99 then that is fine, my post is irreverent. If I am expected to pay a further $19.99 than I stand by my post.

I paid $100 about 6 months ago, no mention of this change happening. I was told that I would be able to package up games in reloaded and that they are working on this update.

Only to find today that reloaded is now called GameGuru and that it will be released on steam and it only cost $19.99. That is what made me think I have to pay more. Am I wrong? I can't see anywhere in my TGC account with information about the keys or mod packs.

Is there a voucher code I type in when it is released on steam so I don't have to pay the $19.99?
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2015 13:35 Edited at: 24th Feb 2015 13:36
Quote: "It says the release is on steam, I have to pay $19.99 to get it. If I don't have to pay the $19.99 then that is fine, my post is irreverent. If I am expected to pay a further $19.99 than I stand by my post.
"

No you will get your steam key Free ....
And 5 more for friends and family.

If you read the very first post all this is clearly explained ...
PM
Jerry Tremble
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2015 13:39
There actually is mention of the keys on the My Products page of your TGC account (at least there is on mine) They just won't be active until Friday. Hope that helps.
MAME Cab PC: i7 4770@3.4Ghz (passmark 9945), 12GB RAM, Win 8.1/64, GeForce GTX645 (passmark 1898); Shiny new laptop: i7 4800MQ@2.7Ghz (passmark 8586), 16GB RAM, Win 8.1/64, GeForce GTX870M (passmark 3598); Old laptop: i5@2.3Ghz, 8GB RAM, Win 7/64, Intel 3000 graphics
PM
Bradaus
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
OK thanks synchromesh and Jerry. I saw a post in the TGC forum that said gold pledgers still have to pay the extra. And look to be honest. If I had been using the software for as long as most of the people on this forum I would have no issue in paying another $20. But only having it for 6 months I felt it was a bit cheeky to ask for more.

I support the project, don't get me wrong. I only found out about this change a few minutes ago. Did some reading on the TGC forum and saw that post. My goal tonight was to get cracking on building the game. I thought I would check here first to see if there are any updates on being able to package up the game with your own branding (without 3rd party plugins).

Based on the post made by admin on feb 12 it says we can package up games for sale so I would guess that this feature is available on the new release.

It was a shock to see the update, I was told nothing about this rebranding and was told the ability to package up games in reloaded was being worked on. So you could imagine my shock when I sit down to start seriously start building a game, login to check if there are any updates on this only to see this.
Bradaus
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey Jerry , I can see in my TGC account there is a link to view steam keys however there isn't any there. Maybe there will be on release day.
Just installing steam now and will get ready. Was looking forward to building the game tonight however the release date isn't far away so will wait until then.

Jerry Tremble
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2015 13:50
Quote: "Based on the post made by admin on feb 12 it says we can package up games for sale so I would guess that this feature is available on the new release."

Yes, nothing really has changed. The delivery method of the software has changed, of course, but in the long run that's for the better. Steam does an awesome job at updating software as updates become available. It also allows multiplayer to be implemented much quicker, which was a major feature request. Also, you can package games as your own, but if you need an installer you would currently have to use a third party installer. Most of us around here were initially taken aback by the change, but it quickly sunk in. Most agree that the move to Steam was a good choice for the product. Nobody's getting shafted here. In addition to all those keys, you will get a lot of new assets over the course of this year (see above)
PM
Bradaus
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeah cheers guys, knee jerk reaction. I did look at the other forum and saw a post saying I had to pay. I have only used steam once so free steam keys didn't mean anything to me when I read it in this post.

I can see the advantage in using steam, especially when it comes to the updates.

Thanks again for clearing that up for me.
Jerry Tremble
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2015 14:02
No problem! Things change, to be sure, and if you've just found out about this, then you've been away for a while! LOL, I can understand the shock!
PM
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2015 15:12
@ Bradaus: As others have pointed out (thanks guys); you pay NOTHING more than you already have as a Gold (or Bronze or Silver) Pledger, for a Game Guru Key. In addition, you are getting more than you were originally promised.

Obviously, my thread on the main boards, was confusing. If it's confusing for one person, it could be confusing for others; so thanks for point that out. I'll get it updated. If you ever have questions on ANYTHING we have going on, don't hesitate to post.

-Keith
PM
Bradaus
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2015 15:26 Edited at: 25th Feb 2015 15:56
thanks KeithC.

The post on TGC did make it seem like I had to pay more. Like I said though. I have no issues paying more. Actually, I sat down at my computer, checked my paypal account to make sure there was money in there and came here to see if there where more updates before I starting paying for more mod packs so I could get serious about this finally and start contributing more with feedback.

I think what you guys are doing is great and worth supporting, $20 is nothing however when I thought I had to pay more (as per my original post, 6 months of use) I thought that doesn't seem right. I am not the type of person that just posts **[MOD EDIT - please do not swear]** without researching first. That is why I went to the TGC forum as I couldn't see the reloaded forum anymore. After reading the first post about the change then reading the comments about having to pay more and others saying get over it as it is still value for money it definitely came across to me that further payment was required.

However, posting the comment on here clearly shows the level of support TGC have for members. If I had of posted something like that in other forums I would have been abused and subject to a lot of hate replies. Both synchromesh and Jerry took the time to point out I was wrong in a nice way and explained it clearly to me.

You can't buy that type of support and goes to show the quality of people that are apart of this project.
Jerry Tremble
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2015 01:14
Quote: "posting the comment on here clearly shows the level of support TGC have for members"

That's why I keep coming back, Bradaus. The food may not be the greatest, but the service is second to none!
PM
World Class Multimedia
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Game Development
Posted: 25th Feb 2015 14:37
So I assume as a Gold Pledger from pretty much day 1 I will receive my 5 steam keys (and model packs) automagically in my TGC account?

I have yet to receive anything including early release keys, so perhaps I slipped through the cracks or did these need to be requested?

I look forward to 3rd person mode - something i've been wanting for a while.

The only things that would make FPS Cr, ahem, Game Guru better would be multiple camera angles for level creation (front, back, side, perspective and the usual top), FBX import for easy character and object importing and multi-platform (mac, pc, linux, android and IOS).

One can dream!

Mike
YOU DREAM IT - WE CREATE IT!

www.world-class-multimedia.com

For world-class virtual instruments - www.supersynths.com
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2015 14:56 Edited at: 25th Feb 2015 15:02
Quote: "I have yet to receive anything including early release keys, so perhaps I slipped through the cracks or did these need to be requested?"

Its not Officially due for release until Friday.
The first 50 to apply in a thread were given early keys to help test the multiplayer but that was all..... There has been no official early release to pledgers so don't worry you haven't been missed ..

https://forum.game-guru.com/thread/210770

You will be sent yours by friday no doubt and your in for a real treat
PM
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2015 15:00
@ World Class Multimedia: The Keys will all be in your TGC Account by this Friday (official release day). The Media Packs will be released sometime this Year (to be determined at a later date); you will get notified when they are ready. More features will be on the way; along with focus on making sure existing features and systems are polished. The more a feature is requested by the Community, the more likely it'll be pushed to the top of development. Community involvement is key!

TGC IS listening!
PM
Bradaus
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
4 hours until release. When will the keys be available in our TGC accounts? or will they be released after the the clock ticks over?
ZigmondWarden
Years of Service
User Offline
enjoy!

Thanks all, was wondering about the additional keys!

TGC Thanks!
You get
PM
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2015 18:55
All keys should now be in your TGC accounts. Enjoy and thanks for continuing to be a part of the Game Guru experience!
PM
ccliffy
Years of Service
User Offline
I am must be blind:

I have the steam keys as a pledger but now what do I do to download software from Steam?
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2015 21:59 Edited at: 27th Feb 2015 21:59
Hi ccliffy

On the very top left of your steam account you will see .....Steam / View /Friends /Games / Help
Select ....Games ...Then select "activate product on steam "

Enter key and follow the prompts it will then install and your good to go
PM
3com
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2015 22:56
Quote: "+ 4 Model Pack DLCs due in 2015"

Guys as many of you perhaps knows english is not my firts lang, and due that sometimes I'm lose, especially with some words, so, can anyone explain me what DLCs means?

I had downloaded release version via steam already, and I had checked involve entities, and although there are new ones like cartoon and others than no remember now, I am not able to identify nothing as DLCs entities, when I try to download items via GG, it says there is nothing to download.

Another silly question:
When I try to download via GG entities, forces me to log in to GG's store, the question is which of the two options is correct:
1- I must enter the password that I used in Reloaded.
2- I must enter the new password that I use in steam.

To clarify, I had linked my Steam account with GameGuru, so Why I should to log in again?
Honestly I must admit that I would like to download items using traditional way, as we were doing before steam.

Any info will be much appreciatte.

3com

Laptop: Lenovo - Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 1005M @ 1.90GHz

OS: Windows 8.1 (64) - Ram: 4 gb - Hd: 283 gb - Video card: Intel(R) HD Graphics

PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2015 00:04 Edited at: 28th Feb 2015 00:05
Hi 3com

Close down GameGuru
Log into the store via the website....use your original username and password as you did before
Reload GameGuru and try to download store items as normal...

Some users have had to do this twice ...

Give that a try and I will look back to see how you got on ...
PM
3com
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2015 00:36
thanks synchromesh 4 the tip.
I'll try tomorrow and I'll keep you up.

3com

OS: Windows 8.1 (64) - Ram: 4 gb - Hd: 283 gb - Video card: Intel(R) HD Graphics

PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Nice one mate...
hope it all goes well ..
PM
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2015 01:01
@3com: DLC = Down-Loadable Content

Basically, Media Packs; that will be in addition to everything you've gotten so far. Hope that clears it up.
PM
CyberGamer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2015 06:23
I don't like the way FPSCR is going I do not use steam and will never use steam,there was no mention of this
when I made my pledge to FPSCR.
What provision have TGC made for users like myself regarding a refund of my pledge ,and will the same thing
happen to AGK?
Amd Quad Core FX-4100 3.6MHz,GTX550Ti 1GB GDDR5,8GB DDR3

Windows 8.1 Pro

ccliffy
Years of Service
User Offline
I am must be blind:

I have the steam keys as a pledger but now what do I do to download software from Steam?

----------------------------------------------------
https://forum.game-guru.com/thread/210753#msg2509588
On the very top left of your steam account you will see .....Steam / View /Friends /Games / Help
Select ....Games ...Then select "activate product on steam "

Enter key and follow the prompts it will then install and your good to go
--------------------------------------
that doesnt match my menu selection
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
You need to install steam and run it from your desktop...You will see the menu on the top left of your screen
Pic below shows what you should see.............. Steam / View /Friends / Games / Help..
Select "Games" Then Select " Activate a product on steam "

Hope that helps

PM
ccliffy
Years of Service
User Offline
OK - didnt know I had to install Steam
PM
3com
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2015 22:42
Quote: "@3com: DLC = Down-Loadable Content"

Thanks a lot KeithC!.

@ synchromesh
Thanks again mate!, done.

What I've done, perhaps may help those with the same issue.

step 1
I went to the store page via store button o top at this page.

step 2
I've logged using my GG password and name as usual before GG, (please, notice red circle on pic below).

step 3
Reload GG and tried to download items, this is what I've got, (please see pic below). Later I've pressed GameGuru Store button, (please notice red arrow left/bottom).

step 4
You keep calm, all is not lost yet.
I've tried to download free pack from store (Valuable Assets 2014 Free Collection). Many thanks to the author!!!
All done successfuly. ( please refer to pic bellow).

step 5
Back to GG and try again, and all be ok!!!.

P.S. back to Preview post, would be nice and useful.
HTH

3com

PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Brilliant 3Com thanks.... Put in my favorites ( so I don't forget the thread )

I can point all the store problem questions right here ?
PM
3com
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2015 22:54
Quote: "I can point all the store problem questions right here ?"

Sure.

3com

PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-05 00:49:42
Your offset time is: 2024-05-05 00:49:42