Product Chat / Game Guru & Other Games Genres

Author
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2015 19:07 Edited at: 14th Feb 2015 19:08
After i saw the fpsc-r renamed to GameGuru, and one of the main reasons I think is to start support more genres beside fps games, I can't wait to see what TGC are hiding for us

i still have some questions:

1- what kind of games we should expect GameGuru will support ?
2- i love the multiplayer, but i hope depending on steam would be for BETA only, or i should assumed this what we had been promised for ?
3- any chance to support 2D game development ? i would love to use GameGuru beside Unity3d/UnrealEngine4.
4- i really love AGK2, why not there no integration between the two ? i still dreaming for cross platform export with GameGuru.

thanks.
Indie Game Developer
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
The name change is to make it more clear that it will support more than FPS games. TGC wants this to be something schools might take up so felt FPS Creator unsuitable for that task, and also as said not indicative of where they want the product to go. I don't think they are hiding anything, or not much

It was stated that they plan to support 3rd person, driving, RTS and Space Sims over the next few years. Were not going to see either anytime soon, as I think that the FPS side is as yet unfinished. They are just paving the way ahead at the moment.

One thing they didn't mention that might be easily possible if they plan an RTS interface is Point & Click Adventures A worthy addition I would imagine; certainly an indie thing these days and in my opinion a much undervalued market of late. Very easy to add if they plan RTS style elements I would imagine.

SPECS: Q6600 CPU. Nvidia 660GTX. 8 Gig Memory. Win 7.
3com
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2015 21:17
Quote: "It was stated that they plan to support 3rd person,"

he idea excite me, althought more stuff is needed here, and a most elaborate script system, than current one.
If so, an chars skin system would be nice to have.

Laptop: Lenovo - Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 1005M @ 1.90GHz

OS: Windows 8.1 (64) - Ram: 4 gb - Hd: 283 gb - Video card: Intel(R) HD Graphics

PM
snowdog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2015 23:13
I wonder if a weather system is going to be possible..? Given that the main focus of GameGuru is outdoor areas I'm surprised that they haven't included it from the beginning.
"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
PM
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2015 23:23
what worries me is once on steam a load of annoying people will push for ridiculous things before water etc gets done, and so i fear on that one
an unquenchable thirst for knowledge of game creation!!!
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "what worries me is once on steam a load of annoying people will push for ridiculous things before water etc gets done, and so i fear on that one"

Hard to say on that front. Now it is being toted as a more general game making system, possibly so. I don't think it will affect things too much though. TGC need to get a good basic framework going before they move onto support of any other game type. I consider more flexible water effects on different levels, even slopes to be possible down the line. It has been promised several times, but we are yet to see any expansion on water options.

There is considerable work to be done before we could all agree Reloaded... Game Guru (will take awhile to get used to it), is finished in the FPS department. I don't see any movement away from this for quite a while yet. Once we have definable keys, plus options to get other unused keys to do things, camera support and other things I could mention, we will have a lot more control over our games.

I think Steam will give TGC a good boost and perhaps accelerate the dev speed further if it does well. The price point is attractive and I think most people will be pretty happy in the main; as long as it is practically bug free, which we have all yet to see. Just over two weeks to get it polished now. ..

SPECS: Q6600 CPU. Nvidia 660GTX. 8 Gig Memory. Win 7.
Errant AI
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2015 19:46
I'm pretty psyched about this goal. FPS + Driving and I'll be a happy camper.
Gigabyte P67A-UD4-B3, Intel Core i7 2600K, 16GB Corsair DDR3, EVGA GTX 970 SC, Win7 Pro 64-bit SP1, Primary monitor @ 1920x1080, secondary monitor @ 1024x1280

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-03 16:40:32
Your offset time is: 2024-05-03 16:40:32