Scripts / Player Proximity to Moving Entity

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2015 21:57 Edited at: 5th Feb 2015 02:00
I've been working on an entity movement script, which is working, but with an unexpected hiccup.

It seems that the script will only function if the player is within a specific distance from the entity being moved. If the player is beyond that distance the movement script does not operate (the entity does not move), or if I'm within the distance the movement begins but when the entity moves beyond the distance the script stops (entity stops moving until I move back within the distance)????

I'm not sure of the exact number but it seems to be about 2000 - 2500 distance units. This presents a problem in that I want the movement to activate and run regardless of where the player is in the environment.

Does anyone know what this is? is there some type of setting for this distance?

Thanks

PS... I did some testing to find distance which is right at 3000 units. If the player is beyond that then the script does not run?

"There is no spoon"
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Set it always on in the properties

life's one big game

windows vista ultimate

i5 @3.3ghz, 4gb ram, geforce gtx460, directx 11
GoDevils
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2015 18:07
Hi smallg ....(thanks as usual)

Which setting makes it "Always On" in the properties?

Thanks

"There is no spoon"
GoDevils
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2015 21:21
OK I found it. I thought that the Always On setting had something to do with the Physics On setting, but I was wrong. Once Always On is set to yes, the 3000 unit limit is gone and now my script works as I intended.

It would be nice is someone with the knowledge published a brief explanation of each property and FPE setting as a reference. Maybe add it to the FAQ document.

Thanks Again....

"There is no spoon"

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-07 14:15:57
Your offset time is: 2024-05-07 14:15:57