Feature Creep / Ideas for FPS Creator

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2015 18:59
I use to use the 3D Game Creator back in the early 2000's and I thought it was a great piece of software, it was just missing some key parts. I want to see these things in FPS Creator.

***Please forgive me if any of this is already possible, but I did look around and didn't see it***

1. Ability to add videos and still shots for cutscenes. Not having this will be a deal-breaker for me. Without it, it just won't feel like a real game.

2. For still shots I'd like to be able to add audio

3. Swords, Knives, Bats, Double Guns (gun in each hand) two bare fists, feet for kicking. I'd like to be able to have more options than just a gun

4. Speaking of #3, I'd like to be able to create mech/in-vehicle games with first person displays like so:

5. Custom HUD/in-game UI

6. Custom Inventory

7. Pause Menu

8. Multiple player hit reactions - right now when the player is hit I just see the screen have some red splotches. Not only should the color be changeable by the user, but the actual hit image itself should be something the user can add. There should also be multiple types of hit reactions. Screen-shaking, or the player stumbling, or blurring effects, etc. Gotta get creative here guys. It shouldn't be so static and one-size-fits-all

9. It's an FPS Creator, right? So why not have the ability to add a first person tank turret? Or a first person car/truck/jeep/hummer/Boat/plane dash? We should be able to get into vehicles and drive over terrain.

10. Ability to pick up and throw objects.

I think when the 3D Game Maker was made and even perhaps the first FPS Creator, we hadn't experienced as many approaches to FPS's as we have now. But now that we have, just running around and shooting with a single gun is not enough. There needs to be more.
PM
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2015 16:41 Edited at: 9th Feb 2015 16:43
interesting, do you own a copy of reloaded?

an unquenchable thirst for knowledge of game creation!!!
mfgcasa
Years of Service
User Offline
1. done for videos(a cut scene editor is planned)
2. idk what you mean, but audio can already be added, im sure this could be done through scripting though
3. gun in each hand is just really a model and animation and is no diffrent from another gun. And the Zombie update will add in melee
4. When they add vechicals im sure you will be able to.
5.Already can be done and has been done several times over however its limited and should be expanded on.
6.I agree an inventory should be an added feature, however lua coders have made inventory systems.
7.Already in for the game I think, if not it will be.
8.It is a great idea and im sure it is possible, but I would like them to add this
9. This is planned.
10. you can already do this.

RAM 8 GB

i7-4770k CPU 3.50 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-02 19:07:32
Your offset time is: 2024-05-02 19:07:32