Scripts / I understand this is not a request board...

Author
GameGuru BOTB Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2015 21:09
....and also not a "Searching for LUA coders" board. However, as I would need one for the next months (payed of course and with all the benefits Homegrown Games has to offer) I am very curious where I am allowed to post a proper team member request?

AMD FX 8Core @ 4GHZ - 16 GB DDR4 - 2xRadeon7950 - Windows 7 Ultimate
J0linar
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2015 21:47
Not that am a coder but you are right there should be a section like there is in the 3rd Party Models Forum, for Coders/ Scripters.

But then again, i would say Reloaded is moving forward and there should be a a special forum dedicated to Teams/ Recruitment only.

http://j0linar.blogspot.co.at/

PC SPECS: Windows 8 Pro 64-bit, Intel I7-3630QM 4.8GHz CPU, Nvidia GTX 675M - 2048MB GPU, 16GB DDR3 RAM
PM
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2015 23:17 Edited at: 22nd Jan 2015 23:31
A sticky similar to MM board where those scripters who are happy to do free or paid work is likely a good idea as the board doesn't become swamped and any requests can be handled via pm. All the same you will still get individual request thread posted despite the sticky, mods should be strict about these if the sticky is being ignored.

There is a good reason team requests aren't acceptable, as genuine requests get buried among a host of fickle ideas from 'start ups' who have no idea how to run a 'team' and these threads degenerate into flame wars and bad feeling. Which will put off anyone who actually has the skills in being involved with any of it. This is not good for those who seek a team or those who want to join a team either.

If you have a history of creating and finishing games or are offering payment then the mods will likely leave you to it, you should at least have a good demo to show you are serious and capable, Ertlov actually meets all requirements for this so his request is within the criteria for a team request around here.

If unsure about posting a team request it is best to contact a mod before hand.
Ertlov
GameGuru BOTB Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2015 21:12
Quote: "If you have a history of creating and finishing games or are offering payment then the mods will likely leave you to it"

Yeah, well, 7 games finished over the last 9 years, 5 being sold worldwide, two own games on desura and two on Steam.

I fully understand your point with
Quote: "fickle ideas from 'start ups' who have no idea how to run a 'team'"
, however those with a decent track record should have some kind of forum or sticky to search for freelancers and employees. See Epics Unreal forums.

AMD FX 8Core @ 4GHZ - 16 GB DDR4 - 2xRadeon7950 - Windows 7 Ultimate
J0linar
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2015 09:16
Quote: "some kind of forum or sticky to search for freelancers and employees. See Epics Unreal forums."

and that was what i tried to say but i guess my wording was missjudged
anyways with Reloaded growing, the forums will need a area for this.

http://j0linar.blogspot.co.at/

PC SPECS: Windows 8 Pro 64-bit, Intel I7-3630QM 4.8GHz CPU, Nvidia GTX 675M - 2048MB GPU, 16GB DDR3 RAM
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-07 12:01:44
Your offset time is: 2024-05-07 12:01:44