Product Chat / Which version is this

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2015 19:19
I this add
http://www.thegamecreators.com/images/TGC-Winter-Sale-930x80.jpg
It says FPS Reloaded Bronze but when you click on the banner it says FPS Classic does anyone know which one you are getting?
The Next
TGC Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2015 20:00
You get both FPS Creator Classic and FPS Creator Reloaded Bronze, they are both in the bundle.

Windows 7 Pro, Intel i7 3.8 GHz (Passmark: 9021), 16GB DDR3, NVIDIA GTX 780 4GB Superclocked (Passmark: 8056)
PM
Proby
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2015 03:27
Thanks for answering. I am going to purchase it.
I have one more question. Can this software be run from a flash drive. I have a desk top at home, a laptop for when I travel and right now I am at my mother's taking care of her. I would like to use this on all the different computer's.
Thanks
The Next
TGC Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2015 09:17
@Proby

I don't see why not. I don't think any one has tried and we couldn't support you officially if you had an issue but in theory it will work. Best to use USB3 though for the read speeds of the files.

Windows 7 Pro, Intel
PM
Proby
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2015 14:38
Thanks again.
I ordered the Bronze package yesterday and will let you know how it goes when I get it.
Thanks
GoDevils
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2015 17:27
Hi Proby

You'll be much better off with the Gold package. I started with the bronze, and almost immediately upgraded to the gold. I know it's more money but in the long run it's well worth it.

"There is no spoon"
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2015 18:26 Edited at: 19th Jan 2015 18:33
Its worth paying for Gold...You get so much more...Not forgetting the zombie pack as well very soon.

Also "The Next" comes round you house and cuts your Grass !!

Just kidding ... Better not say anymore
PM
The Next
TGC Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2015 20:02
Quote: "Also "The Next" comes round you house and cuts your Grass !!"

You'd better have your one-time use voucher ready though!

Windows 7 Pro, Intel i7 3.8 GHz (Passmark: 9021), 16GB DDR3, NVIDIA GTX 780 4GB Superclocked (Passmark: 8056)
PM
GoDevils
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2015 01:19
Where do I get one of them Vouchers????

"There is no spoon"
Proby
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2015 15:40
Ok Another question. I downloaded all the files but there is no directions for installing them. Like do I need to install all the older versions first then work my way to the newest? Also the package came with both FPS Creator, basic, pro, and reloaded. Is there directions on what to install and what order to install them?
Thanks
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
For Reloaded ( the current version ) you only need to install that .....
Just run and install as default....it will create its own desktop icon.

So install "FPSCreatorReloadedBETA-1009.exe " and let it just install to its own path.

Classic is the Older creator....right now you do not need that ..
PM
Jerry Tremble
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jan 2015 01:54
Quote: "Classic is the Older creator....right now you do not need that .. "

But it's still fun!

MAME Cab PC: i7 4770@3.4Ghz (passmark 9945), 12GB RAM, Win 8.1/64, GeForce GTX645 (passmark 1898); Shiny new laptop: i7 4800MQ@2.7Ghz (passmark 8586), 16GB RAM, Win 8.1/64, GeForce GTX870M (passmark 3598); Old laptop: i5@2.3Ghz, 8GB RAM, Win 7/64, Intel 3000 graphics
PM
World Class Multimedia
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Game Development
Posted: 21st Jan 2015 02:21
Classic can be used to make indoor areas - I WOULD install that if you have it.

Mike

YOU DREAM IT - WE CREATE IT!

www.world-class-multimedia.com

For world-class virtual instruments - www.supersynths.com
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jan 2015 10:05 Edited at: 21st Jan 2015 10:21
Oh dont get me wrong classic is brilliant and as stated has its uses...

But Proby seemed overwhelmed by the choices and was not sure what was what.....

I assumed he was brand new to Fps creator

I just put him on the right track for Reloaded
PM
Proby
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2015 02:42
I just want to say thanks to everyone for the help so far. I did get FPS classic and reloaded to run from a flash drive (it does work). Yes I am very new here and very confused (as always). Now more questions again, The TGC Bumper Winter Sale pack came with about 63 files and no directions (at the end of all the files it has a installation instruction line but it just says go to the FPS site and I don't see anything there), do the various dark, AGK etc, files load them selves where they be long? Also do the model packs work with both classic and reloaded or is there specific model packs for reloaded? Again thanks to everyone for the patience and the help (really need it).
Thanks
Proby
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2015 03:50
I sorry but I am old fashioned and have a hard time learning (had a stroke). I find lots of tutorials in video format are there any beginner tut's in pdf format, word, text ect,? I like to read them and take my time.
Thanks
Jerry Tremble
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2015 04:11 Edited at: 22nd Jan 2015 04:28
All your executables and other "stuff" should be available from "Account" (upper right here), then "My Account", then "Click here to view the products page..." Reloaded assets can download directly into Reloaded if you are logged into both the store and through the editor. As far as written tutorials, the best thing (so far) are in the docs folder inside the reloaded directory. Some of the things in those tutorials may be out of date, I fear, but for the most part they should work. There's just not much for documentation since reloaded is still in development. What is written today could change dramatically by the end of the month! Syncromesh has an awesome site http://www.reloadedfiles.co.uk/tutorials.html but at this time, the tutorials are all videos, I think the same you see around here. One of these days, one of us will get around to putting this all into words, but in the meantime, I'm pretty sure that's all there is!

As for the other question:

Quote: "Also do the model packs work with both classic and reloaded or is there specific model packs for reloaded?"

The answer is both a yes and a no, depending on several factors. Directly compatible? Not likely. Doable? Likely, with a little work!

MAME Cab PC: i7 4770@3.4Ghz (passmark 9945), 12GB RAM, Win 8.1/64, GeForce GTX645 (passmark 1898); Shiny new laptop: i7 4800MQ@2.7Ghz (passmark 8586), 16GB RAM, Win 8.1/64, GeForce GTX870M (passmark 3598); Old laptop: i5@2.3Ghz, 8GB RAM, Win 7/64, Intel 3000 graphics
PM
Proby
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2015 15:26
Again Thanks to everyone for the help. I did get both classic and reloaded working from a flash drive, it's not as fast as running from the computer but it does work. I was reading online yesterday all-day and I want see if I have this right. Classic is more for inside games and reloaded is more for exterior game scenes? If so is there any thought to merging the two? Or as I like the inside games more should I concentrate more on the Classic version rather than Reloaded? I'm sure I will have many more questions as I go. Thanks again.
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
there is a method to use classic levels in reloaded but they wont be merged officially - reloaded will eventually get it's own indoor support but we're not 100% on the details yet.
http://fpscrforum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=210500&b=1&msg=2505730#m2505730

classic is older and as such has a lot more to it but reloaded is the new "version 2.0" if you will and has a lot more potential, depending on what you want to do it's hard to say which to use, for "right now" games use classic (especially as you want indoor)

life's one big game

windows vista ultimate

i5 @3.3ghz, 4gb ram, geforce gtx460, directx 11
Proby
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2015 06:07
Hello again.
First I want to apologies and reiterate that I am very new to creator and reloaded. I not sure if this is the right forum to use or not. When goto the TGC forum everything there is like 2013 and older? My question now is I just tried to download some entities and segments from the TGC Store but I'm not sure where to put which files I keep getting an Error 7001 - Mesh number illegal at line 9675, and the whole creator locks up and shuts down. Is there a list of what files go where? Also the items I just downloaded for the store have fps files but looking through the creator files I don't see these where do they go or don't they. Again sorry if I am in the wrong place, but thanks for any help.

I need it!!!!
Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Although this is the Reloaded forums, I'm assuming that you mean FPSC Classic.

Firstly, a lot of classic media needs the most recent version.

You can find the official beta here: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=197293&b=21

In addition, support for this product continued with the community, and you can find an improved version here: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=208795&b=21

You can find full instructions on how to install the unofficial version in the above thread, but you will need to install the official version first.

I hope that helps, any other support questions for classic should be asked here: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_read&i=21

SC

i7-4770s 3.10ghz - Geforce GTX 650ti
wizard of id
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: CSGO
Posted: 4th Feb 2015 07:17
Hi Proby.

The version of fpscreator you speak of I assume is the classic version, unfortunately content from that and the store from the classic version isn't compatible with reloaded out of the box. You can use the built in entity importer for reloaded to get entities from the classic version into reloaded.

Reloaded does not support FPS (segments) any more, and will in future make use of the the construction kit, but it is still in development and will be for some time while the kinks are worked out and it 100% fool proof.You can however those meshes from the segment library, by using the reloaded entity importer function by simply placing the mesh and the relevant textures (_D _N and _S) into your newly created sub folder under the entitybank in your reloaded directory.

It will still be some undertaking getting those models compatible and imported into reloaded, some may not work at all, or have issues attached, but never fear TGC is working hard to get compatibility working as best possible, however there will still be the off chance, that some thing might still not work even with improved compatibility.I would suggest looking at the new reloaded store for content that is compatible with reloaded rather.The quality is also vastly improved for use in reloaded.

Win7 pro, Intel 2500K @3.7ghz 660GTX 8gig ram 16tb HDD

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-03 21:54:49
Your offset time is: 2024-05-03 21:54:49