Scripts / Spawing???

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2015 21:27
Could someone provide a basic description of what Spawing is and how it is used in FPSR??

Thanks

There is no Spoon...
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
When an object is spawned to the world or not. You can have it spawn at the start or at a trigger point of your choosing. So you would place a dynamic entity down, go into it's properties and change spawn at start to no. Then add a triggerzone and add the entity number or name into the if used section under it's properties. That should spawn the object when you enter the triggerzone. Alternately you can script triggers to be used with other things. Say a button to activate a trap etc. Mainly it is used to hide enemies later in the level to help keep speed up, or to trigger traps and such, so someone can sneak up from behind or finding a hidden object.

SPECS: Q6600 CPU. Nvidia 660GTX. 8 Gig Memory. Win 7.
Go Devils
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2015 00:17
OK, Mr. Vader, Thank you..

So, with the global function spawn(e), I can spawn an entity based upon my own scripting, rather than using a trigger zone, say based upon some scripted timing structure.. I assume??
Then I can un-spawn, using the destroy(e) function, ???
Can I then again re-spawn that entity as some later time or other scripted circumstance???

In the FPE there is; spawnmax=, spawndelay=, spawnqty= What do these values represent?

There is no Spoon...
Avram
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2015 02:32
You can't re-spawn an entity at this time. Hopefully we'll be able to do it in the future.

As for fpe settings, I believe those are from old FPSC (classic) and are not used in Reloaded (yet).

DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
You can trigger an enemy spawn with a zone or interacting with an object, anything really, whatever is best suited to the situation. For anyone not into scripting, a zone and using that to spawn one or more enemies would be easier. As said, enemy respawning does not work yet as default. I am hoping a way to spawn a new object is included at some point along the line, as I really need that option to simplify some things I have been wanting to add into a few scripts but can't until that is done, without making it a nightmare to setup.

SPECS: Q6600 CPU. Nvidia 660GTX. 8 Gig Memory. Win 7.
Duncan Peck
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2015 09:21 Edited at: 16th Jan 2015 09:22
Quote: "You can't re-spawn an entity at this time. Hopefully we'll be able to do it in the future."

That would be neat. Especially for zombie survival games where you want an endless stream of zombies spawning. To be able to make zombies which spawn with different stats such as increased health/speed each time would also be cool so you could make them tougher as the player keeps on playing. I've been playing Call of Duty Zombies too much in my time!

It would also be very useful to spawn waves of other enemies for other types of survival games... such as the horde mode in Gears Of War games...
PM
Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Spawning is very basic at the moment, we will be revisiting this area in the futures.. Lots of plans but a more focused approach, so we're only fixing one thing at a time, not adding 20 features that then need fixing.

i7-4770s 3.10ghz - Geforce GTX 650ti

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-08 03:32:12
Your offset time is: 2024-05-08 03:32:12