Scripts / Random World generator?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2015 10:33
would it possible to make a script that could randomly place entitys(trees,rocks,bushes etc).
PM
Devcore35
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2015 13:15
Text translated into English with Google Translate: French language by default.

Hello,

I had already asked the question TheGameCreators. Apparently this is not currently possible but it is part of future improvements.
PM
SS slothman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2015 13:26
ok thanks
PM
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
no way to create objects with script so you would need to place them all before hand anyway

life's one big game

windows vista ultimate

i5 @3.3ghz, 4gb ram, geforce gtx460, directx 11
SS slothman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2015 15:42
so if you placed the objects first could you then make a script thats moves them to another position.
PM
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2015 17:01 Edited at: 8th Jan 2015 17:04
Yes, you should be able to do this to some extent. However, it would probably not work very well on anything beyond a flat map. You would probably need specific media for it to work anything like decent. I did something similar in AGK a while back for a tutorial video. AGK has a fair few more options than Reloaded for this though, so anything attempted in Reloaded would be a lot more limited.

This may give some ideas, but some is not possible at present in Reloaded. of course, the main reason I did this randomly in AGK was to get a general start point. I would have then added a way to edit the map manually to tweak areas better and then save as a new map. Plus I found it quite interesting to work on a random generator of course I don't think Reloaded suits this much at the moment though, and is a little ambitious with the current lua scripting options. For this sort of thing I think you need to have a lot of control over your game. Shenmue 2 had randomly generated rooms and such, due to it's scale. Even that though had rules to make rooms look correct and not a random mess.

Perhaps in the future this may be viable, but for now probably not.

Edit - Oops put up the wrong video. Added the second one which is the actual city part

SPECS: Q6600 CPU. Nvidia 660GTX. 8 Gig Memory. Win 7.
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
@dvader really like the second video, i'm very surprised there's not more overlap considering the completely random placement... i haven't done anything 3D in AGK2 yet but might have to try it after watching that
although i appreciate this is a tutori
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Ha! Yeah I'm just lazy I tend to do that sort of thing when tidying up. I often don't name media in an organised way, so am used to blasting through adding media willy nilly. Only after do I pick through and tidy it. I am too keen to get to the nitty gritty, lol. Also, in this case kept it simpler so I didn't have to explain how to break up the string to read it in sequentially. It must be a year since I did that video at the very least! Been too busy with Reloaded to have time for much AGK stuff. I started a 2D beat em up a bit ago aka Kung fu Master, using Vigilante graphics as something to work with, about 2 days tinkering, but haven't continued with it since. That was in the old beta AGKV2 though, not used the new one at all bar looking at the new interface and thinking I prefer the old one, lol.

smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
ah i didnt notice the date, well i like your tutorial, inspired me to start a fpser in agk and was very helpful to see the core commands like that as i didn't need to go looking for them - my collision is pretty poor though but it works.

life's one big game

windows vista ultimate

i5 @3.3ghz, 4gb ram, geforce gtx460, directx 11
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Ah, nice one. AGK is a great program. Not sure if they have animated 3D objects in it yet though, back then there certainly wasn't. There is a 3rd video showing how I did fast maths collision for the buildings. I have always liked this technique for speed, although I often have issues getting it working initially Maths is not my strong point. I was pleased to see AGK now starting support for Linux also, maybe a pathway to the Steam OS.

exadion
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
My world script will do almost all of the work for this in version 1.3 when it is released (soon). The new version actually has a save/load option.. Not just for variables though, it makes a text file output of every dynamic object in the world, then when the game is loaded everything is moved to its position.. meaning if you use a carry item script you can move things around and when you close the game and re open it everything will be as you left it (including the player position btw). Anyway on load items process all you would need to do is push positions into the loading array and tell it to load it..

Anyway, I am planning to make type of random world generator as well as a real time generator..
(eg my world script allows you to transport player at will) I was thinking of a way you generate a environment and when the player gets near the end of the map they tele back to the beginning and a new random environment will be generated.. I may have thiis in a few days but i am working on a project atm.. Soon ill be back on it.
My blog site, free artwork, scripts, textures etc.

http://jadenstockartwork.blogspot.com/
PM
3com
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2015 11:20
Thanks Dvader, I never has seem AGK in action before now, and after watching your vids, (yeah I love second one too), I can realize that I love AGK "old school" code system (GoSub/GoTo perhaps too?).
Love the AGK way 4 create , positioned, and texturized buildings, even with collision.
Ramdom use and camera setting facility are pretty nice too.
Unfortunatelly I can not understand all you said, not because you!, but my poor english. LoL.

Perhaps TGC should to do like Frankenstein. Take the best of DBPro, AGK, Classic one, Reloaded, and GG, and make a very great game maker soft.

3com

Laptop: Lenovo - Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 1005M @ 1.90GHz

OS: Windows 8.1 (64) - Ram: 4 gb - Hd: 283 gb - Video card: Intel(R) HD Graphics

PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-08 01:55:50
Your offset time is: 2024-05-08 01:55:50