Product Chat / Disappearing when saving levels - Feedback needed

Author
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi All,

We're aware that maps have been losing some saved contents or replacing content. If some of you have a map using default media when either.

1) Saved media isn't being kept.

2) Media is being replaced with other media after lightmapping.

Please email me an FPM with full instructions of what is happening and a step by step. Ideally I'd like to see some videos showing it happening (youtube please).

Many thanks,

SC

i7-4770s 3.10ghz - Geforce GTX 650ti
Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
As an update to this, if users aren't able to replicate this consistently but have experienced this, please also post here so we can get a global picture of the problem.

SC

SS slothman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2015 11:26 Edited at: 8th Jan 2015 11:27
hi,

yes this is happening to me,it will remove about half of what i have placed and its always stuff that i put down last.

would some screenshots of this help in any way?(before and after)

also it will flatten ground out thats underwater.
PM
Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2015 14:12 Edited at: 8th Jan 2015 14:13
Hi,

I'm only interested in the disappearing entities at the moment. Are you able to make a video of before and after? i.e. place some items, save the level and then show the map afterwards as one whole process? If so, could you please do this and upload to youtube as unlisted and then please send me the link.

Bandicam is a good free screen recorder.

cycleops
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Fallout 4
Posted: 9th Jan 2015 07:38
This has been happening to me as well. I have been working with Wizard of ID's sewer pack and for some reasons the corner models keep disappearing when I save. Also Legacy models will disappear regardless of changing the FPE file settings. The only thing that seems to help is locking the model with the widget and this seems to allow the model to save and remain in the level

Cycleops
Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Can anyone who is having this issue prepare a video please, showing the before map, the save process and the after map?

SC

SS slothman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2015 11:26 Edited at: 9th Jan 2015 11:37
i will try and sort out a video.(how to make a link to the video?)

EDIT:its now not doing it!!!!
PM
Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
If you can replicate it, please upload the video to youtube and supply me with the link.

Thanks,

SC

Old Larry
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2015 09:01 Edited at: 12th Jan 2015 13:22
Saved media isn't being kept.

Same problem in Windows XP-SP3 and Windows 7 Ultimate.

See the video below...

Smile today, tomorrow could be worse

http://bestradiolarry.ro/fpsarea

"The best forum, game software, operating system or web platform, it's that software which can give you most of the options and speed, not just amazing graphics."
Duncan Peck
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok I have this missing entities problem and can provide you with a video so you can re-produce it. It happens every time. It happens on my competition entry (which I have already emailed the FPM to you). As you can see in the video, when you delete all the slab entities around the outside of the map, the 4 same rocks vanish and completely disappear... it doesn't matter if you use a new save name for the level it always happens. I hope this can help you in tracking the issue down. Let me know when you have watched the youtube video and I will then take it down off my YouTube.

Here is the link: http://youtu.be/8-c4MBPbwN4
PM
Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2015 07:56 Edited at: 13th Jan 2015 09:01
@Old Larry,

Thank you very much, that's a good sample.

@Duncan Peck,

Thanks as well, both of these are very useful.

SC

Old Larry
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2015 09:00 Edited at: 13th Jan 2015 09:47
And now another error when I try to save stand alone game:

"entitybank path not found"

but haw I put the entities in my map if that path not exist ?!?

In test mode work fine, the error appear just when I save stand alone game.

P.S. Please see the pictures

"The best forum, game software, operating system or web platform, it's that software which can give you most of the options and speed, not just amazing graphics."
Old Larry
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2015 10:02 Edited at: 13th Jan 2015 10:04
Later edit: I've make a fresh install of the FPSCreatorReloadedBETA-1009 and I gained the same path error, like in photos from previous post.

Old Larry
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2015 21:10 Edited at: 13th Jan 2015 21:11
Old Larry wrote: " I've make a fresh install of the FPSCreatorReloadedBETA-1009 and I gained the same path error, like in photos from previous post."

Any idea please ?

Old Larry
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2015 10:26
In which file is written the entitybank path ????
Error is: "Could not find path at line 16610" !?! - see the photos from the previous post please.

Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2015 11:28 Edited at: 14th Jan 2015 11:29
It sounds as if the media hasn't been transferred over to the standalone. This is most likely because it doesn't follow the correct format for Reloaded.

I would assume from the screenshots that you are using a lot of FPSC Classic media, which in many cases isn't compatible with Reloaded, but will function in test game.

@Everyone

We think we've got enough information to fix this now, many thanks.

SC

Old Larry
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2015 13:40
Scene Commander wrote: "We think we've got enough information to fix this now, many thanks."

When you can fix this entity path issue?

Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
@Old Larry,

It sounds as if the media hasn't been transferred over to the standalone. This is most likely because it doesn't follow the correct format for Reloaded.

I would assume from the screenshots that you are using a lot of FPSC Classic media,
Old Larry
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2015 14:18
I tested an trying to save Stand alone game just with the entities from FPSCR v.1009, after an clear install, and was the same error under windows XP Professional with SP3 and Windows 7 Ultimate.

Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
@Old Larry,

Email me a level using just default media and I'll look into it.

SC

Old Larry
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2015 20:43 Edited at: 16th Jan 2015 20:56
I partially solved my problem this way: I've removed from the map the last entities used, one by one, and I saved stand alone after every remove entity. I spent a lot of time on this, but now my new map in the v 1009 works.

NOTE 1: Please DO NOT USE ANY ".tga" file, the FPSCR doesn't know to import this type of files when you save them in stand alone (the models appear in black color) so, USE ONLY THE ".dds" FILES !!!

Also, don't forget to use that "whatever_D.dds" file in the "visualinfo" fpe too.

NOTE 2: The FPSCR staff must put back the "it is objective" option on the entities, because we still can't make a game with objectives !

To have an idea about the new animate gun turret, civilians, waterwheel and many other stuffs, just watch the video below.

Many thanks to all the people that helped me with scripts, entities or advice.

FPSCR community has good professional people.

smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
nice level, lots of work and entities in that, good to see it all working pretty nicely

life's one big game

windows vista ultimate

i5 @3.3ghz, 4gb ram, geforce gtx460, directx 11
Old Larry
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2015 09:35 Edited at: 17th Jan 2015 09:39
Thanks @Smallg

I still waiting to can use the objective in game -condition to finish the level, like I've writen in the previous post.

nuncio
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2015 06:43
Hi! This is my first time here and i thought i wouldn't need much support but after one day work i found a major problem in FPSCR wich makes it impossible to work for me.
i'm sorry, i don't have a screenshot right now but i'll discribe my problem.

i tried to build a cruise ship level. i made the flooring for the ground floor with a concrete plate. i put quite a lot of these concrete plates in there and after one hour of work i saved (i saved before already) and suddenly my map was empty again!
i was kinda angry and i tried it again. i built the floor segment again, always saving every five minutes, everthing was alright.
then i made the walls wich took me about one hour again and when i clicked on SAVE all of the walls were gone again.

what can i do to avoid this? is there a combination of things i'm not allowed to do when i save? because sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

i'm kinda devastated because i can not work with FPSCR without having a bad feeling like when i save everything could be away and i can NOT be undone!!!!!

kind regards, nunc

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 02:12:40
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 02:12:40