Feature Creep / Terrain Editor and more

Author
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2015 15:20
I think one of the most important things in a game engine is the ability to create and modify the terrain with ease. For which the user must have access to:
- Different types of brushes (square, star, polygon, dots and more)
- Ability to also paint the ground vertically.
- Ability to rotate the brush to dig in the ground and create tunnels and caves.
- Ability to create rivers, lakes and other waterways to higher levels
- The function creates river with parameters to change direction and speed
(every river or lake should be treated as a single entity with its parameters)
- Ability to paint the ground with their texture without becoming crazy to change the default ones.

Another important thing is the ability to manage the entities included in a hierarchy and even layer. So the user can hide or delete or modify the entities included using layers and hierarchy. This function becomes very useful when inserting objects inside buildings.
at present insert objects inside buildings is really frustrating

Multiple selection of objects and ability to create a block of selected objects and save it as a new entity.

Insert a panel for fast and intuitive management of the weather.

- Snow zones
- Wind emitter
- Rain zones
- Volumetric fog
- Ground fog

Insert a panel for fast and intuitive management of particles, allowing the user to choose between different particles default

- Explosion
- Fire
- smoke
- dust
- atmospheric dust

optimization of load, save and test game
Now the timing is really too exaggerated

possibility to increase and decrease the size of the map.
for example - 1x1km - 2x2 km - 4x4km .......

forgive my english

The software I use? ... Autocad, sketchup, Spazio3D, pconplanner, Kerkythea, wings3d, paint.net, torque3d.
PM
Vortigern
Years of Service
User Offline
I like these suggestions, especially the placing of objects in buildings and the increase-decrease map size. A lot of maps can be very small (like when designing the interior of a small space ship) - it seems a waste to have such a massive empty map outside of the playing area. The weather zones would also be very nice to build atmosphere in a game.
PM
Bisella
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2015 18:15
Thank You
I have many other ideas, but to realize it takes a long time
(me and some of my friends had started to create our own game engine, but unfortunately for work problems have left the project)

The software I use? ... Autocad, sketchup, Spazio3D, pconplanner, Kerkythea, wings3d, paint.net, torque3d.
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-02 15:09:27
Your offset time is: 2024-05-02 15:09:27