Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2015 14:26
You can notice:
view range = 0

what's other values can take it?
It's a percentual value (5%, 10%) ?

Working in indoor level I want set lowest values, but I want to be sure about it, before do nothing.
Thanks in advance to all for tips.

3com
PM
JohnS_CZ
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2015 16:43
also want to know :/
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
I don't know the exact percentages but as a guide I used this to get really close to a to a character before he see's you and shoots ..
set "View Range" to 500 and "View Cone Angle " to 1000

Try that whilst I try to find more info for you ...
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok each character has its own script with the view ranges etc...... Pre-set ...
The most accurate way of achieving what you need from each character is to edit its personal script ..

You can set ranges and views "Less" than the script setting but any higher ranges require script changes....

Hope that helps
PM
3com
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2015 19:59
Nice to know!
Thanks synchromesh.

3com
Laptop: Lenovo - Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 1005M @ 1.90GHz

OS: Windows 8.1 (64) - Ram: 4 gb - Hd: 283 gb - Video card: Intel(R) HD Graphics

PM
JohnS_CZ
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2015 17:21
I know it might sound dumb, but will you implement some easier ways to edit some scripts?
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I know it might sound dumb, but will you implement some easier ways to edit some scripts? "

I did wonder at first ...then I realised what you meant .... I assume you mean built into the GUI

Good Suggestion......For now though is this any use to you ?

http://luaedit.sourceforge.net/
PM
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I know it might sound dumb, but will you implement some easier ways to edit some scripts?"

hopefully in future settings such as name and view range etc will be directly linked to the scripts so any properties changes will indeed affect the script, it's just much longer for them to set that up so for now it's easier for them to use the current way until they get more time to work on it i guess (this is just theory from my personal opinion but some things do already work so i would be surprised if that's not the intention)

a more beginner friendly scripting tool will most likely be available eventually too but (again) not likely until scripting is more complete in general - still getting too many changes to be worth attempting it for now i would say, although hopefully not much longer
life\'s one big game

windows vista ultimate

i5 @3.3ghz, 4gb ram, geforce gtx460, directx 11
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2015 16:26
We are looking at feature requests in two camps; STANDARD and ADVANCED. I would put a feature that enabled scripting from the IDE squarely in the ADVANCED camp. I am also concerned that too much of the power is locked away in mystery scripts, so am thinking about ways to deliver game logic in a visual way for STANDARD camp users (non-scripters). Feedback welcome on this, but some early suggestions are things similar to way points to control the motion of looping entities and links which allows anyone to drag an icon hovering over a key onto a neighboring door entity to make the connection and allow the logic to know which door the key belongs to. I am treading carefully though as I am all to familar with the problem of the visual side getting very very messy after a relatively short amount of editing.
PC SPECS: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, Intel Core i7 920 (PASSMARK:5008), NVIDIA Geforce 9600 GT GPU (PASSMARK:752) , 6GB RAM

DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
For me, a way to edit any objects script from the IDE would be great. At the moment use notepad and switch between them as needed. Perhaps an option from the properties panel to view the code directly and edit from there possibly. I know this probably won't help non scripters as such (although it would be a lot easier for them to look into), but it is fairly typical in other tools such as Unity etc. Pretty sure all variables and such are added into the properties panel as they are added in scripts also Been awhile since I used Unity now but it was a nice feature.

SPECS: Q6600 CPU. Nvidia 660GTX. 8 Gig Memory. Win 7.
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2015 19:15
Yes, would be nice. But a better habit might be to just duplicate the file and rename it and make your changes,

or you might have made different picks in another intended level, and without separate scripts, how would the editor know which to choose. or save that info for the map file it is being used for.

Going to have to have it write files, and rewrite FPE files, Read and understand their contents. Save them out. Seems like a nightmare.

Seems like more work to try and build that in, then just duplicating the script, renaming it, and making your changes in notepad, saving it and assigning it to the object needing that modification. Guess I have been editing scripts by hand to long.

plus those line over the top of everything, connecting this to that. Seems to boggle the mind more, then be helpful to me.

If it can be a separate window, that can be worked on and you can switch to when needed, that I could handle. Keep the design mode and script mode separate. toggle able states, where you can change on the fly make script changes to ranges or other functions and see the results in the editors test game mode when switching back.

Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit

3com
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2015 19:44
All this sound pretty nice o me.
Although IIRC previews versions does not react fine, when you change something while Classic/Reloaded being running.
I has to close them firts, later make the changes I want to, and reopen it.
The question is if this behaviour still is done with GG.

Personally I used Notepad++, and it do the trick.

3com
Laptop: Lenovo - Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 1005M @ 1.90GHz

OS: Windows 8.1 (64) - Ram: 4 gb - Hd: 283 gb - Video card: Intel(R) HD Graphics

PM
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2015 14:08
Notepad++ is also my favorite text editor right now, been using it for a few years now
PC SPECS: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, Intel Core i7 920 (PASSMARK:5008), NVIDIA Geforce 9600 GT GPU (PASSMARK:752) , 6GB RAM

morphtactic
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "If it can be a separate window, that can be worked on and you can switch to when needed, that I could handle. Keep the design mode and script mode separate. toggle able states, where you can change on the fly make script changes to ranges or other functions and see the results in the editors test game mode when switching back."

This is the right idea. Unreal Engine 4 uses a seperate window for game logic called blue prints. It is a node based easy to use flow chart that can be nested so that complex logic can be built with an obvious overview. I suggest downloading Unreal Engine 4 to take a closer look. Something like the blue print system would be nice, yet it would still have to be simplfied even more, and there in lies the challenge for Lee...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 22:42:22
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 22:42:22