3rd Party Models/Media Chat / Mountain made in blender

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2015 15:56 Edited at: 5th Jan 2015 16:27
So while searching around for terrain generators in blender I found a plugin built into blender thanks to this tutorial: http://tutorials.cgrecord.net/2014/08/create-mountain-in-blender.html

SO I thought what happens if I apply TGC's rock texture to it and put it in FPSC:R.. I ended up with this.. It was really easy to do and gives you nice mountains! I have attached a zip file containing the mountain in the pictures. For best results move it down on the z axis a bit once you have inserted it into your map.

Obviously I'm pretty rubbish in blender and don't really have a clue what I'm doing... but someone with more skill could probably make lots of prefabricated hills/mountains/caves using the generator and texture them better than me...

Edit: Put this in the wrong thread meant to put it in free models and media.. silly me...

Attachments

Login to view attachments
PM
Gtox
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2015 17:03
Looks very good - well done, I didn't even think of doing that.
spudnick
Years of Service
User Offline
[I'm rubish in blender to as i use solid works software for my modeling and export into blender to export again so yep its long winded way but hey its a way I k ow how but on a ver expensive way as could buy 3 licenses for 3dmax lol
Anyway its the simple thing that get missed by pro or good artists that puts us novice into new learning curves when learning our way around software. So congratulations for sharing your info
PM
AuShadow
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2015 18:22
I am definitely going to have to give this a go myself

PC Specs: Windows 7 home 64-bit, Amd 7900 3gb DDR5 graphics, 8gb DDR3 Ram, Intel i7 3.4ghz

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 08:14:39
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 08:14:39