Off Topic / Squad based stratergy games

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
It's a shame this genre has died out... I thought they were brilliant games. Two great examples were "Desperados: Wanted Dead or Alive" (which fails to run on modern computers) and Commandos 2: Men of Courage (which runs fine on my Windows 8.1 PC). I didn't really like the other Desperados or Commandos games those two were the best in my opinion.

The idea of these games was you had isometric view of the map and could take on large bases of enemies with just a small squad of teammates. Does anyone else here like playing these games or is it just me? What is strange is that with the development of tablet devices that these sorts of games haven't returned as touchscreen compatible games.
PM
almightyhood
Years of Service
User Offline
I played commando 1 demo, didn't like it as it was way to hard for me lol.. long time ago now though lol.
fallout tactics is 1 of my favourite games though which is squad based top down view tactical strategy game, also old now but still great game.

evga GeForce gtx 750 ti boost2.0 2gb gddr5. win 8.1 amd 4100fx cpu quad core 4gb ram.
PM
Duncan Peck
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2015 09:32 Edited at: 5th Jan 2015 09:32
Desperados: Wanted Dead or Alive was probably my favourite because I played that lots as a kid and got really good at it... it drives me mad it won't work on windows 8.1 it does work on my mums laptop which is windows 7 but it does crash quite a bit... I brought it from Steam, I brought it from GOG but it still does the same whichever version I use... I still have the old game on CD somewhere!

Commandos 1 was hard I couldn't complete the first level! Commandos 2 is a lot easier... Commandos 3 is really hard again. I got the complete Commandos pack from Steam for £2 at the time... so it was a bargain.
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-03 09:34:23
Your offset time is: 2024-05-03 09:34:23