Scripts / Who is very familiar with LUA Reloaded

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2015 17:32 Edited at: 4th Jan 2015 19:01
Not sure if anyone has been following our project, but we may be on the hunt for an extra hand, if anyone is interested. Details can be explained via PM or e-mail.

Here is the project we are working on.

http://www.indiedb.com/games/early-is-the-night/

We will need an extra scripter, then our team will be completed, if you are interested in % and numbers then contact via PM,

Requirements are very minimum, for the most part you will be free to do as you wish until we need scripts.

1. Stay active on the skype group, so that everyone can stay up to date on what is going on, and what is needed. (Basically for your own reference so that you can know how the game is being shaped.)

2. Have a fare amount of scripting knowledge with LUA for Reloaded.

3.If you are interested then I will ask you to write a basic script for me to look over and validate, if all is good then welcome to the team.

Game information, Open World Zombie FPS, W/ Deep Storyline.

Modeler: Pirate Myke.

Scripters: Smallg

Marketing/PR: Myself (also basic scripting)

If interested you can contact me on here or at shakyshawn8151@gmail.com

offer valid for 60 days.

CPU; Intel G850 2.9ghz GPU: Raedon HD 7750 1gb 4GB Ram

Windows 10 1TB HD 60GB HD
Avram
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2015 18:35
Well, I might be interested, because I doubt I'll ever make complete game on my own. However, I tend to use my OOP LUA framework [in love with oop] and sometimes I don't have so much free time [have job, kid, wife, ...]

DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
I would be wary of entering into a discourse simply for this.
Quote: "offer valid for 60 days."

Do you think anyone falls for this? If after 60 days, and no offers, you simply say well your loss? No, you will still be after a coder, if you need one. It makes it look a little forced, and well, overly dramatic to be honest. You are not offering a competition, or a job offer, you are asking for help.

Considering the response so far, I would consider revising your post. It sounds far too much like an attempt to sound proffesional, than an actual request for a coder.

This may sound harsh, but I have seen threads deleted for less. We know you aren't a big developer, so when asking for help on a project you should not be stipulating spurious restrictions. I have considered posting about this awhile ago, but thought I would leave it alone, but on reflection I feel I have to point this out.

My point being, don't try to pretend you are something you are not. You may have had a better response otherwise. It is not an offer from McDonalds. :p

SPECS: Q6600 CPU. Nvidia 660GTX. 8 Gig Memory. Win 7.
Corno_1
GameGuru Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Sent me a mail/PM about your tasks and I will give it a try
Then you can decide. But I need some time, cause my exams are in near futur, so I must do this in my free time.

Wait for your tasks...

My dream is to develope games, which makes fun when I create it and fun when other people play it.
PM
shakyshawn8151
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2015 03:04 Edited at: 18th Jan 2015 03:15
@Dvader, it is for 60 days, because after 2 months I wont need a coder, it is last minute stuff.Wont be a point having a coder waste there time contacting me 6 months from now for something I need done soon.

Also regarding your Advice, If a person do
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2015 05:26 Edited at: 18th Jan 2015 05:36
I may be in danger of stirring things up even further here but I doubt anyone around here will be finishing any game within two months from now using Reloaded, Small demo's, multiplayer levels and prototypes...yes.....but full games such as you describe.....I highly doubt it. DVader could easily have locked this as a team request since you don't appear to be offering payment and really you don't have any background in producing finished games either, at least not around here you don't. This is what he is referring to when he talks about you coming across as a professional games designer. I think this may be your first serious attempt at creating a game and still to discover even with a lot of know how and experience it is far more work and far more difficult than you think. Even with a good sized team of professional artists, coders, level designers and tea lady you won't be putting out anything worthwhile in such a short time even with a finished Reloaded.

I understand your enthusiasm and actually applaud your ambition, I wish you well with your game and hope it works out as you want. You already have a couple of good guy's willing to work with you and for their sakes don't be over ambitious and put pressure on them with unreasonable expectations
shakyshawn8151
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2015 05:48 Edited at: 18th Jan 2015 06:00
@rolfy I see where you are coming from, I should of put out more detail, it was just for an extra hand for side stuff, it is a demo level, not a full on game, the full game probably won't be done until late this year (With luck) or early-mid next year. (a
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2015 12:52 Edited at: 19th Jan 2015 12:53
Why do you need something done soon on BETA software? I too don't understand the limitation of something your requiring? Is that to drive more response?

At the moment the scripting range with Reloaded is still quite limited. It will be expanding in the months to come, so why the cut off date?

i7 -2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz - Windows 7 - 8GB RAM - Nivida GeForce 420 GT
shakyshawn8151
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2015 16:35
It was for a demo release.

CPU; Intel G850 2.9ghz GPU: Raedon HD 7750 1gb 4GB Ram

Windows 10 1TB HD 60GB HD
Corno_1
GameGuru Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Do you read my Post?

My dream is to develope games, which makes fun when I create it and fun when other people play it.
PM
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2015 23:57 Edited at: 20th Jan 2015 00:02
Quote: "@Dvader, it is for 60 days, because after 2 months I wont need a coder, it is last minute stuff.Wont be a point having a coder waste there time contacting me 6 months from now for something I need done soon."

Okay but know that the Steam release is coming very soon within 2 months. You should wait for the next update before doing anything really big like a passed around demo. We're about to have a lot more features added and fixes. A demo complete with bugs isn't good practice. At the moment the latest build does have serious bugs so I'm a bit unsure of your 2 month deadline. Just some advice that you may want to either hold off on that or not set a deadline at all for a requested personal.

Anywho, good luck on the project though!

i7 -2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz - Windows 7 - 8GB RAM - Nivida GeForce 420 GT
shakyshawn8151
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2015 02:44
@Corno_1 Yes, At this time we have enough scripters for the demo release, but around late summer, if you are available we may need extra scripters for another release we will be working on. but at this time we have a good working demo level, full of scrip
Smartheart16
Years of Service
User Offline
If you want I could actually do ambient and sound effects and music. Also love your youtube channel and watch all of your videos

Smartheart16@gmail.com
shakyshawn8151
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2015 17:32
@smartheart16 Do you do voice acting, in the future I will need voice acting if you are interested. you can e-mail me at shakyshawn8151@gmail.com for sound effect's & ambient I use audiomicro.com

CPU; Intel G850 2.9ghz GPU: Ra
Smartheart16
Years of Service
User Offline
@Shakyshawn8151 also I just wanna say I can do kid voices if you need young voice actors im only 13 and yes ill do ambient effects just email me at Smartheart16@gmail.com what you want And I Use FL Studio For Sounds Just In Case You Thought I Used Garage
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2015 17:01
Just some info for you smartheart16. You are a minor and should not list your age on any web site, ever.

Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 4gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit

Smartheart16
Years of Service
User Offline
just saying im not actually 13 at pirate myke but yeah

Smartheart16@gmail.com

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-08 03:51:55
Your offset time is: 2024-05-08 03:51:55