3rd Party Models/Media Chat / All my custom models are huge after light mapper

Author
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: witcher 3
Posted: 4th Jan 2015 01:45
After I run the light mapper on my level all my custom models are huge. I searched the forums and found this was happening with the trees and new FPE files were made for them. Since my models are custom made I was wondering how I could alter my fpe files to fix my models. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!
PM
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2015 05:07
This is what TGC Suggests

For entities that scale after baking, add resetlimbmatrix=1 to the FPE, delete the BIN and DBO file and try the entity again

Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 4gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit

mguy1122
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2015 19:48
I gave that a try with some trees I made to start with and im still getting the same result. Is there any certain place that line of code is supposed to be put? I placed it underneath the ai section of the fpe.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
PM
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2015 01:02
Should not matter as far as I know, Email one of the trees to scene commander and see if they can figure it out.

Don't know what program you are modeling in, but in 3D max there is a reset xform that after you scale a created object, you apply this and it makes the scale right in the properties. Then export to xfile for reloaded.

Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 4gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit

mguy1122
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2015 02:34
Thanks for the advice pirate myke, I'll try to send my models in to the scene commander. I've made about 50 things so far so redoing them seems kind of like a grueling process. I did get them the right scale using the FPE so maybe doing it that way caused these problems down the road. I use milkshape mostly and just recently figured out an easy way to get the scale correct without using the FPE. Do you think scaling that way is causing my problem? If so, I guess I have a lot of fixing to do.
PM
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2015 13:22
I model in real scale to be consistent.

It is just easy to see if something is messed up.

But other people use the scale in the fpe instead of doing it in the model program or thru the exporter of the model program. TGC feel that enough people will just use the scale in editor, to try and make it work, There has just been so many issues in the past with classic, and reloaded, with collision, that to me it is not worth not making everything proper size, as it would be in the real world.

But I have been modeling a very long time, and that's how I was taught.

mguy1122
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2015 17:04
yeah, doing it the right way is always the best way. I've been using animation programs and different modeling programs since I was in grade school but mostly for film or animation. I always wanted to make video games but the coding side of it made me give up pretty easily, I guess I'm just lazy now that I'm using it for video games I'm finding you have to be more accurate with things, plus in my older age I have a bit more patience. My bad habit of throwing away the Manual and just figuring out has finally caught up with me. Anyway, I went back and scaled a batch of my models properly and tested them out and it seemed to fix the problem. Although, the models I use multiple textures on seem to have problems with their textures bleeding on to other objects after the light mapper. This happened a few betas back but seem to get fixed as the program progressed. I guess for that problem I'll have to update my old bug report or go back and texture map everything properly.
PM
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2015 17:26
easy to cheat video, not easy to cheat virtual world.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 10:21:18
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 10:21:18