3rd Party Models/Media Chat / Post Apocalypse: Reloaded | WIP Master Thread

Author
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Gears of War 4
Posted: 29th Dec 2014 19:07 Edited at: 29th Dec 2014 19:12
Post Apocalypse: Reloaded

Hello all, I have created this thread to showcase my conversion efforts of Model pack 40 and Model Pack 48 from FPS Creator classic. I was the original developer four years ago and I have been slowly converting and upgrading the old media to work and fit the quality of reloaded. This will be a screenshot heavy thread and I plan on updated regularly. I am very close to releasing the pack as one, but in the meantime all portions of the pack will be available in small packages on the store.

Some things to note:

•This is intended to be a completely different pack and a lot of the original assets released in the old pack are tweaked, reconstructed, or completed replaced/new

•In addition to the large bundled pack, everything from the pack will be released individually, and grouped together in mini-packs with appropriate names (ASSET, STRUCTURE, ITEM, DETAIL, etc)

•MANY assets from the original packs will not be included and thus will be scrapped from the project.

•I will try my best to release scrapped content for free on the store when I have time

•The original assets (Raw 3d models and photoshop files) are all completed gone. I created them on a non-backed up hard drive and it failed in 2011.

•Because of this, a lot of textures need to be re-created from scratch, or upgraded from their predecessors.

•Normal maps and specular maps are being created for each item.

Pics:

Highway overpass system

I really liked making these scenery pieces back in the day. I was very rushed during the creation of these so what shipped with the pack was very limited and didn't look great. I've started modifying the models and expanded them to allow more realistic visuals and more variation. There will be ramp variations, curved sections, destroyed sections and multiple support models. The textures shown are all vanilla pack and will be reconstructed at 4096^2 and be a lot less dark.

Makeshift Fort/Wooden Structure Kit

These were fun building forts in Classic with these models. Models have been imported and the textures are improved. You can create shacks or makeshift shelters. Also I've created a Stair unit as well. Should be on the store soon as I have already uploaded this kit.

New stair set piece:

Old Books

Model was impoved and new textures. Bookcase entity created. Model not finished. 10 book textures so far, may create more later.

Various models

Dock - New texture

Old Table

Comments, suggestions, requests, ideas, welcome- I'm all ears! Let me know what you think, and if you have any questions on what will be brought over just let me know!

http://i.imgur.com/dw6hNhe.jpg

Attachments

Login to view attachments
AuShadow
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2014 09:27
I want it all.... And now , but seriously looks good and post apocalypse is my kinda game

PC Specs: Windows 7 home 64-bit, Amd 7900 3gb DDR5 graphics, 8gb DDR3 Ram, Intel i7 3.4ghz

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 10:05:12
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 10:05:12