Off Topic / [LOCKED] Pastor Uses The Dark Side of The Force!

Author
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Dec 2014 06:33 Edited at: 26th Dec 2014 06:35
So with the holidays comes a lot of free time. Since a lot of things I'd like to do with Reloaded are not capable yet. I decided to waste my time remixing clips from the internet.

I recently bumped into one of those pastor videos where it shows the power of faith going through their bodies hitting crowds of people sending them to the ground, falling over. I found this to be incredibly hilarious, with all due respect. And I couldn't help myself but take that power to another level...

Check out more of my videos on my channel if your ever bored and need a quick laugh:

https://www.youtube.com/user/Teabone3

i7 -2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz - Windows 7 - 8GB RAM - Nivida GeForce 420 GT
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Dec 2014 14:58
Ah! Religious hysteria... gotta cut 'em a little slack as long as they don't set women on fire.

Ya know, if you add some transparency to your effects it would look a little less tagged on.

-Wolf

"When I contradict myself, I am telling the truth"

"absurdity has become necessity"

79% Sale on my latest Scifi Modelpack. Get it here!
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Dec 2014 10:52 Edited at: 27th Dec 2014 10:59
I did it in about 15 minutes lol

Its very interesting how so many people could be affected by one man's influence.

i7 -2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz - Windows 7 - 8GB RAM - Nivida GeForce 420 GT
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Its very interesting and sad how so many people could be affected by one man's influence."

fixed

life's one big game

windows vista ultimate

i5 @3.3ghz, 4gb ram, geforce gtx460, directx 11
tomjscott
User Banned
Posted: 29th Dec 2014 20:09
Quote: "Its very interesting how so many people could be affected by one man's influence."

Not one "man's" influence, but Satan's influence. That is the power of the devil, yet he claims it is the holy spirit. It's supernatural all right, but just from the dark side indeed.

System Specs: OS - Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1, CPU - AMD Phenom II X4 945, 3.0Ghz, RAM - 8Gb DDR3, GFX Card - 2048MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 640, FPSC-R Version - Beta 1.0085
The Next
TGC Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2014 11:36 Edited at: 30th Dec 2014 11:36
Got a giggle from this

Just as a side note... be sure to keep the conversation away from purely religious debates. It would be a shame to have to lock. Not that anyone has caused a concern yet.

Windows 7 Pro, Intel i7 3.8 GHz (Passmark: 9021), 16GB DDR3, NVIDIA GTX 780 4GB Superclocked (Passmark: 8056)
PM
tomjscott
User Banned
Posted: 30th Dec 2014 16:37 Edited at: 31st Dec 2014 04:29
deleted

System Specs: OS - Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1, CPU - AMD Phenom II X4 945, 3.0Ghz, RAM - 8Gb DDR3, GFX Card - 2048MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 640, FPSC-R Version - Beta 1.0085
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2014 09:47
Quote: "Not one "man's" influence, but Satan's influence."

I believe its far less sinister and fairly non-religious. Are you familiar with show-hypnosis? I think this is a very similar thing here, but I have never been at such an event.

-Wolf

tomjscott
User Banned
Posted: 31st Dec 2014 17:27
Quote: "I believe its far less sinister and fairly non-religious. Are you familiar with show-hypnosis? I think this is a very similar thing here, but I have never been at such an event."

Well, first of all, hypnosis is a demonic power to begin with. Surprise! Bet you didn't know that one. Once you're born again, the blinders are off and the deceptions are revealed. I've looked into this sort of thing extensively and I can assure you, it is indeed supernatural and from the evil one. Such powers do exist. That's the evil one's greatest secret. To make you believe it's just a parlor trick when your eternal soul is hanging in the balance.

AuShadow
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2015 10:33
I think if this topic keeps going it will become a sensitive religious debate and as such should probably be left as is now.

Not saying that anybody here is wrong or right Tom and not trying to silence what you believe is the truth, its simply that people do believe different things and people get very passionate about those beliefs and in an instant these kinds of forum topics can explode into not very friendly topics and I think that is all the next was trying to point out before.

PC Specs: Windows 7 home 64-bit, Amd 7900 3gb DDR5 graphics, 8gb DDR3 Ram, Intel i7 3.4ghz
tomjscott
User Banned
Posted: 5th Jan 2015 15:35
Here's the problem as I see it. As long as I keep my views silent then there won't be a debate and the topic won't explode. So, what it essentially boils down to is that one side gets a voice and the other doesn't. That actually results in my views being suppressed, which is exactly what you say you don't want to do. Yet, clearly, that is what is intended. And since this is an off topic forum I don't see any reason to suppress any opinions. You may not realize it, but this is typical as soon as someone expresses a belief in God or opposes secularists viewpoints such as evolution. Everyone is tolerant of just about anything, including profanity and sexual exploitation, but their tolerance ends when God is part of the conversation.

Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2015 17:51
I think profanity and sexual exploitation wouldn't be tolerated around here either

Hypnosis is also widely used in pyschotherapy and can be exteremely helpful, especially when it comes to something related to childhood trauma. Its just a method of suggestion and focussing attention when you boil it down to its core. If you believe it to be demonic (why would it be, anyway?) you'd also have to concider tai-chi, meditation, yoga, teaching students or reading a book demonic as all of these are similar in function - self induced or not.
Religious laments or repeatedly chanting gospel has the same effect as self hypnosis. My point being that its not an evil power...it rather depends on how or why you use it.

There is a hypnotherapist sitting next to me in my class, I know him well enough to be sure that he isn't into anything "evil". Its just his form of working with patients. I'm not having an argument, I just know a little about how this works and have seen it being beneficial and believe that what is displayed in this video is a similar form of manipulating these peoples minds... they want to feel this power and fall down...so they do.

Quote: " I've looked into this sort of thing extensively and I can assure you, it is indeed supernatural and from the evil one. Such powers do exist. That's the evil one's greatest secret. To make you believe it's just a parlor trick when your eternal soul is hanging in the balance."

Perhaps they exist But not in this video However, I'd be interested in why you think hypnosis is evil and/or from the devil in the first place and why you are so rock-solid 100% certain of that. Furthermore would I like to know exactly why you think that you can see through certain lies where as I have "blinders on" as you put it.

-Wolf

tomjscott
User Banned
Posted: 5th Jan 2015 18:11 Edited at: 5th Jan 2015 18:11
Quote: "you'd also have to concider tai-chi, meditation, yoga, teaching students or reading a book demonic as all of these are similar in function - self induced or not."

I'm not familiar with tai-chi, but yoga is demonic as well. It seems benign on the surface, but what they actually teach is the awakening of the kundalini spirit. If you didn't know this, I suggest you do a google search on kundalini yoga.

Quote: "Religious laments or repeatedly chanting gospel has the same effect as self hypnosis. My point being that its not an evil power...it rather depends on how or why you use it."

There are indeed churches built on false gospels that have droning incantations, chanting, etc. These are places where they impart the "false" holy spirit and demonic powers.

Quote: "There is a hypnotherapist sitting next to me in my class, I know him well enough to be sure that he isn't into anything "evil"."

The most misunderstood thing about the evil one is that he doesn't often work in the way Hollywood portrays him such that his works appear evil. How else can he deceive you if he was so obviously inviting you to do evil works? The deception is that it's all good, helpful, therapeutic, benign. And quite often the results seem positive in a worldly view sort of way. And because the effects seem positive then they are accepted as OK, but such things are clearly forbidden in the Bible.

Quote: "However, I'd be interested in why you think hypnosis is evil and/or from the devil in the first place and why you are so rock-solid 100% certain of that."

I read a book by Randall Baer called Inside the New Age Nightmare. Randall became a prominent New Age leader back in the 80s. He explored all those things such as yoga, crystal power, astral projection, hypnosis, and so forth. He was deeply engaged in those practices for many years. He led thousands of people in those things and saw many supernatural powers at work through it all. Eventually, he was told the truth of Jesus Christ and after some years battling his way out of the New Age world, he was freed from the demonic forces at work and was able to clearly see the power at work behind it all. He identifies hypnosis as one of those things that is demonic in nature. The book is a fascinating read from one who honestly spent a young lifetime deep in support and practice of those things and was able to learn the truth.

Quote: "Furthermore would I like to know exactly why you think that you can see through certain lies where as I have "blinders on" as you put it. "

It's from personal experience that I say this. I also lived a life with blinders on. Although I professed to be a Christian all my life, I was blinded to the truth. The truth being that I needed to recognize my sin and "repent" of it. When I finally broke down at age 42 and repented, I was given the Holy Spirit of God and my life changed radically in the blink of an eye. As I devoured God's Word and prayed daily, the blinders were lifted and the truth was plainly evident. Where I once believed in aliens, ghosts, and dinosaurs living millions of years ago, I knew it was all a lie. God's Word and the Holy Spirit make it so plain. I like the analogy that before I was saved, I saw things like watching a 2" b&w TV with mono sound to now seeing things like IMAX 3D surround sound high frame rate.

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2015 18:32 Edited at: 5th Jan 2015 18:34
Political/Religious/Evolutionary

This thread has been locked because it contains political, religious, or other disallowed topic material. Please refer to section 3.7 - 3.10 of the Acceptable Usage Policy for full details:

http://www.thegamecreators.com/?gf=aup#forum

AUP Section 3.17 ...Moderators shall, at their discretion, determine what constitutes a violation of these terms, along with generally accepted netiquette standards, and can take action against those who violate these rules.

If you contributed to the reason for locking, you may now find yourself on moderation, or in extreme cases a ban.
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-03 15:56:27
Your offset time is: 2024-05-03 15:56:27