3rd Party Models/Media Chat / how do you get this to happen on a 3d weapon / should I post in scripting section ??

Author
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Dec 2014 20:35
ok you know how to can build and place weapon in product game design engine area of FPSC Reloaded... Well I have found a puzzling issue and have not one clue on how to fix...
How does one get the weapon one creates to show in hands on game preview and fully function like a weapon ... If anyone can explain how I / what I need to do as such I will post my Candy Coated Berretta mesh I got for free { Created by magomed} via this link [/url]http://tf3dm.com/3d-model/barrett-m82-20703.html , and help me fix it into my game as free reward to whom wants it ... The Meshes creator is User named magomed to me but I was gonna make simple single player offline game for my Nephew to shot em up heaven for Xmas Evening. Ah heck with it this what I have files wise.... Attached...

Some times logic is a conclusion of the illogical ITems

Attachments

Login to view attachments
sweldon
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Dec 2014 21:32
Can anyone help me fix this problem I created ? here copy of Lua for barretta weapon. I think it is ok, but it might not be.....

then I copied the dds file to ..\gamecore\guns\user\berretta.dds , but I got the dds from the original in the folder of ..\files\entity bank\user weapons\berretta\
Still have barely any idea to make it show up in FPS Players Hands, nor do I have much any idea of what I need to .. So I guess I have major learning curve issue atm, but if you show me once I will never forget and constantly do as such .

Gtox
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Dec 2014 05:05
You need to edit the gun's HUD.x file. I'm not sure if you have tried 3d modelling yet, but it's what you'll have to do. Open up the hud.x file in a program such as blender, delete the existing gun, import the one you want, and that's just the start. I'm not sure how good blender's .x file importer is, but you may or may not have to reanimate the arms, and you'll definitely have to reanimate the gun. Hopefully you won't have to rig and skin the arms, but you may have to. Still, if you manage you will have learned all sorts of useful skills
sweldon
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Dec 2014 05:07
I highly thank you for the response.And Happy Holiday and or Merry Christmas.

Gtox
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Dec 2014 05:09
And the same to you Sweldon.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 09:17:10
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 09:17:10