Product Chat / Waypoints and entity move.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi All

I've only started playing around with FPSC:R recently and thought I'd look at waypoints. I took the "Get to the river" level and saved as a new copy. I then dropped a combat soldier outside the fence of the compound. I added 3 waypoints with a path following the fence line. When it runs the new soldier doesn't move along the path like the others. If you head towards him he will run at you and shoot but wanted to setup some other "patrols".

I'm still not sure if I'm doing everything right so apologies if it seems like a newby problem. I've looked at properties for the other soldiers and tried to make the new one the same but still no good. If I setup a new blank area with some trees and do the same thing it works fine (like the tutorial).

Cheers
Peter
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Dec 2014 01:25 Edited at: 24th Dec 2014 01:33
It can be fiddly sometimes.....May I suggest you play with a blank map.... Put one soldier down ...Make a path ....then place your start position far away....

Try that ...Then add another Soldier...Add a new path....( It will be a different colour for him ) then try again...

I have noticed if you are a vast distance away they stand still .... but if you move closer they switch on and follow the paths. then as you get really clse they detect you...

Once you work out the little tantrums of the waypoints you should be able to work out what's going wrong with the escape map...I hope

EDIT...

Ah hang on I see you have done this.....Sorry I will have a go myself
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Dec 2014 01:59 Edited at: 24th Dec 2014 01:59
Nope couldn't do it in the escape map either.......Unless I deleted one.....Then I could add a new one anywhere I liked ?

Its an older map from an older version I think......Perhaps it was limited to so many characters.....Would love to know why myself.

Give "The Escape " a try that pretty new
PM
Palace
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeah tried the Escape level as well and same deal. In the default River level there is one soldier that doesn't move until you are closer then starts to walk the path. Any new ones, no matter where you put them just don't move but I don't see any options to set or change this. Maybe just a quirk.

I've not done a full level from scratch so might start there and see if it breaks along the way. I started with the River level as I saw the competition and started playing around.

Anyway I'll continue on and see if I can narrow down the problem.

Cheers

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-09 00:17:44
Your offset time is: 2024-05-09 00:17:44