Scripts / AI animation frames

Author
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2014 09:05
Is it possible for TGC to publish a list of all the AI LUA commands, along with the animation frames called by those commands? If you're using the stock characters (or custom characters based on the stock characters) it doesn't matter, but with other custom characters (especially non-humanoid characters) it would be useful to know.
Avram
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2014 12:11
You have list of (almost) all LUA commands in this pinned topic: LUA Scripting commands and structure

As for the list of animations and animation frames: Yes, it would be useful. I guess TGC is not publicly announcing them because they might change in future... btw. In the latest beta (1.009) even stock character animations are sometimes buggy for me (it seems they're going faster than they should)

Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2014 13:56
the animation list is in the root of the character folder. It is a text file.

Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 4gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit

Gtox
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2014 14:22
Pirate Myke - it is possible (if tedious) to work out the animation frames (that list only solves part of the puzzle), but it would make life easier if they just gave us the specific frames (they must have it written down somewhere). I can't imagine that the frames would change at any point (as Avram suggested as a possible reason for not releasing the info), as changing the character animations would be a pain in the backside for them. Even if they did change the frames, they could just release the info again. It couldn't take more than a few minute to do this. Maybe we don't have the info because no-one's asked for it yet, and if I whinge enough, it will be forthcoming
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
the list was inside the (entitybank i think) folder at one point in a text file, not sure why it got removed but if there's a specific animation you're after you can use the prompt command to return the animation frames while it's playing

as for the animation speed i think this is due to the new and improved frame rate - before AI used to slow down the fps a lot but now it's a lot better so things do seem faster

life's one big game

windows vista ultimate

i5 @3.3ghz, 4gb ram, geforce gtx460, directx 11
Gtox
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2014 22:27
Quote: "you can use the prompt command to return the animation frames while it's playing"

Good idea - thanks smallg
Northern
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2014 04:19
@Gtox:

Hi,

You might find the list titled: FPSC-R Characters and weapons animations frame, using the secure link below:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/64612150/FPSC-R%20Characters%20and%20weapons%20animations%20frame.txt

Howe
PM
Gtox
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2014 06:01
I see that the ai_melee script does call specific animation frames, which is just what I needed. Using this script, and smallg' s method for getting the frames from the other commands, I should manage. Thanks all.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-07 08:26:32
Your offset time is: 2024-05-07 08:26:32