Product Chat / More Video Questions

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2014 15:31
The integration of Video is something I've been thinking about. In this regard I have multiple comments and questions

Using the F9 editor function during game-play, and using the Page-Up/Down commands and the movement commands, one can get some interesting fly around video and screen captures. However, there is the issue of the command menu in the upper left corner of the screen. It would be nice if the menu could be toggled off for video and image capture.

Also, what about the use of video as a texture attached to an entity within game play? For example a bill board or a computer screen where the video is running during game play? Is something like this in our future?

Finally, In V1009 we will finally have multi-level game play. Can a video be used as part of the transition from one level to another?

Thanks

There is no Spoon...
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2014 21:30
Quote: "Also, what about the use of video as a texture attached to an entity within game play? For example a bill board or a computer screen where the video is running during game play? Is something like this in our future?"

This has already been done in Classic via shadereffect. These shaders should work in reloaded, perhaps not out of the box and perhaps not in the current version, but yes, that should be doable soon (or already is)

-Wolf

"When I contradict myself, I am telling the truth"

"absurdity has become necessity"

79% Sale on my latest Scifi Modelpack. Get it here!
shakyshawn8151
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2014 23:11 Edited at: 18th Dec 2014 23:13
Do you mean something like this? the effect could be turned into a video with the right editing skills.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTk2_FilLwU&feature=youtu.be

Not sure how to use [video=youtube] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTk2_FilLwU&feature=youtu.be [/video]

CPU; Intel G850 2.9ghz GPU: Raedon HD 7750 1gb 4GB Ram

Windows 10 1TB HD 60GB HD

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-08 16:12:32
Your offset time is: 2024-05-08 16:12:32