Product Chat / Multiple Maps Question

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2014 23:41
Hello, quick question, hoping a member of the dev team can answer this.

How will multi-level work, will we be able to combine multiple maps to work as one giant level?
If we kill an entity on one map then go to another (using the win zone) and then come back to that map, will he still be dead? or will reloaded restart the map as if it is being loaded for the first time again?

Will it be able to work like this instead of just having a basic beat the level and proceed to the next?

For instance if you go towards the edge of a pre-set area (assuming I have multiple levels set up) will it load the next area? and save the previous data from the last level?

Also in the future will there be background loading? or transitions? for instance if a player is currently on Map 1, and he goes near Map 2, could part of map 2 start to load as the player gets near? and then start to load it fully in the background when the player has then entered map 2?

CPU; Intel G850 2.9ghz GPU: Raedon HD 7750 1gb 4GB Ram

Windows 10 1TB HD 60GB HD
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "If we kill an entity on one map then go to another (using the win zone) and then come back to that map, will he still be dead? or will reloaded restart the map as if it is being loaded for the first time again?"

I don't think we even know that yet.....V1009 is supposed to have multi level feature but whether you can go back a level is unknown as far as I know..
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-09 01:41:06
Your offset time is: 2024-05-09 01:41:06