3rd Party Models/Media Chat / Dense Jungle Entity

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2014 21:58
I'm thinking about working on some Vietnam entities, mainly buildings for villages and stuff. But I was also thinking about creating a dense jungle entity too.

Now that I've upgraded from Bronze to Gold I've got a load of vegetation to play with. So would this be possible:

1) Draw a large rectangular box in something like 3DS Max/SketchUp/any other 3D modelling program

2) Give it a jungle texture, mainly dark green and black

3) Import some trees, bushes etc and place them connected to the rectagular box covering the front and sides of it

4) Save it as one big entity and use it in FPSCR

I'm just thinking of ways I can make a dense jungle by using as few models as possible to stop killing the framerate lol

I'm a long way away from starting work on this and am just sounding some ideas out. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
PM
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2014 23:07
That would be your best bet. Keeping some real geometry for close on the path and using bill boards for the distant jungle. Find your self some really good textures and map them to the boxes.

Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 4gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit

synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
Recently Online
Posted: 11th Dec 2014 01:43 Edited at: 11th Dec 2014 01:44
I managed to get pretty dense stuff by using weed and just altering Height, Width and quantity....

a few trees and it looks quite thick

Perhaps you could create some new vegetation to give a better effect ?

Attachments

Login to view attachments
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 20:34:34
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 20:34:34