Product Chat / animated cutscenes

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
so I been thinking up an animated cutscene for b4 my game gets to the main menu
im wondering if its possible to have such like this in reloaded games and what formats the short clip should be in ect?
and how to do it aswell lol..

any1 got experience with this sort of thing with classic or reloaded??.

mainly this is for my logo and such for the game, any tips and info welcome please thanks

evga GeForce gtx 750 ti boost2.0 2gb gddr5. win 8.1 amd 4100fx cpu quad core 4gb ram.
PM
TattieBoJangle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2014 12:20
There are dirty ways of doing this just now using 3rd party but its not worth it as it runs the video in media player then loads the game so its not so good.
I am sure when they add video support like they have with audio it will be as simple as placing the zone at the start marker that way the video will play as
soon as the game has started

PC SPECS: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit, CPU: Intel I7 - 4GHz, GPU: Asus R9 6GB, MEM: 32GB DDR3, HDD: SSD
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
There's my editor I started ages ago which Tattie refers to and I believe another but not sure. No way around the loading before Reloaded as far as I know as they interfere if trying to run at the same time. I assume because they are both in DB Pro. I didn't carry on with it because of the loading issues it sometimes displayed.
I think the omega core plugin has some options for this sort of thing, but I still haven't tried it as yet myself, preferring to stick to standard for now at least. Although I may be tempted soon as many commands that should be available as standard, still haven't materialized It all depends on how fast we get updates and when I actually start something I want to continue. Perhaps when Reloaded starts to settle and each release does not break old maps, that may change.

SPECS: Q6600 CPU. Nvidia 660GTX. 8 Gig Memory. Win 7.
TattieBoJangle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2014 14:21
Yea DVader the one i use loads the video before the standalone and waits for the video to finish then loads the standalone but it seems strange as there is no way to disable the menu in reloaded so it goes direct into the game :/

When it does come into play i hope they support other formates other than avi as i want my videos to be small and not bloated

PC SPECS: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit, CPU: Intel I7 - 4GHz, GPU: Asus R9 6GB, MEM: 32GB DDR3, HDD: SSD
almightyhood
Years of Service
User Offline
ok thanks guys.

omega core i have not looked at and tbh wont either, not interested in 3rd party stuff would rather wait and see what reloaded can do itself rather than have to depend on something else outside of it.

the main thing im looking at is a short cutscene that plays b4 you even get to a start menu, kinda of logo like pixar and their lamp short animated clip b4 the films starts kinda thing.

evga GeForce gtx 750 ti boost2.0 2gb gddr5. win 8.1 amd 4100fx cpu quad core 4gb ram.
PM
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Should be easy to add in really. The main job is designing a way to make it all functional for non coders.

Best bet for now is to edit the loading images to better suit. I think you have to leave the info about it being in Reloaded etc, but you could change the image there.
This sort of polish will be added down the line, when bigger fish have been netted In my experience of coding I always leave these details till pretty much last. I certainly would not worry about these things until I had a game to show off. Once it has been decided upon it should take very little time to add in.

SPECS: Q6600 CPU. Nvidia 660GTX. 8 Gig Memory. Win 7.
xCept
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
An official cut scene editor is one of the proposed features listed on the vote request page. Whether or not this would ever allow for pre-menu sequences is to be determined (my guess is no, since game assets don't load until after the menu--but it would still be very helpful for prerecording sequences to match the game). However this is obviously not even on the backburner yet in development so may be a year or more before it is complete.

Cut Scene Editor

A full cut scene editor that allows you to create story cut scenes with your characters and game assets. Using a simple user interface from the main Reloaded IDE, a selection of basic instructions can be applied to entities or the player camera along a time-line. The time-line can be triggered by a trigger zone, and eventually via a script. Time-lines can be created, edited and deleted, stored with the level that are associated and are used to play-back real-time animation, movement and visibility states at certain points during the game.

PC SPECS: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit, AMD Phenom X6 1100T 3.60 GHz CPU (Passmark: 5934), NVIDIA Geforce GTX-680 2GB GPU (Passmark: 5712), G.SKILL 16GB DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) RAM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-08 23:42:20
Your offset time is: 2024-05-08 23:42:20