3rd Party Models/Media Chat / SketchUp And Scale For FPSC-C and FPSC-R

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2014 20:31
Have been looking at SketchUp and it looks like a really quick and easy way to do buildings but have no idea what template thingy to use and what sort of size to do the things. Can someone point me in the right direction please..? Ta!

And will I be able to use the same scale for both..?

"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
PM
raymondlee306
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2014 00:39
I use full scale in inches. Meaning 12" = 12". If your unsure or want to double check me (it has been a while since I modeled for fpsc) import an object from the stock entities and use that to compare your model.
snowdog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2014 18:03
Okay, great. Thanks for that. Have been stuck in hospital for 4 and a bit days so am eager to get back to working on things. First night back last night and I actually managed to get some sleep, hospital beds over here in the UK are VERY uncomfortable and my last night in there the bloke in the bed next to me was snoring like a fog horn...never heard anything like it lmfao...I was sorely tempted to smother him in his sleep lol, but opted to stick one of my MP3 player's headphones in at a low volume to attempt to drown the noise out

"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

PM
Jerry Tremble
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Dec 2014 02:30
Quote: " hospital beds over here in the UK are VERY uncomfortable and my last night in there the bloke in the bed next to me was snoring like a fog horn...never heard anything like it lmfao...I was sorely tempted to smother him in his sleep lol"

LOL, although all my surgeries have taken place in the US, I swear I've been in that room or that guy has been in mine! Apparently, the last time I "cured" him of his snoring, I wasn't as thorough as I'd thought...

MAME Cab PC: i7 4770@3.4Ghz (passmark 9945), 12GB RAM, Win 8.1/64, GeForce GTX645 (passmark 1898); Shiny new laptop: i7 4800MQ@2.7Ghz (passmark 8586), 16GB RAM, Win 8.1/64, GeForce GTX870M (passmark 3598); Old laptop: i5@2.3Ghz, 8GB RAM, Win 7/64, Intel 3000 graphics
PM
raymondlee306
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Dec 2014 03:24
Glad your feeling better. Hospital beds suck here in US too. I think that's so you wanna get better faster. Hope all is well.
snowdog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2014 17:22
Yup, all is good now. Just popped into the hospital for a follow up appointment to check my blood and stuff and passed my MOT lol.

PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 08:38:54
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 08:38:54