Product Chat / Dark Game Studio ?

Author
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Is this worth buying for use with Reloaded ?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Focus-Multimedia-Ltd-Dark-Studio/dp/1843265907/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1417345063&sr=8-1&keywords=dark+game+studio

It seems really cheap but appears to be the same £89.00 version on TGC ?
PM
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Great Deal, but not much use for FPSC that I can see, possibly Dark Shader. I have everything except Dark Voices, which sounded great, but looked beyond my skills to set up characters to use it with. Almost tempted to get it myself to have a new DB Pro on disk.

I've got Focus stuff before really cheap, but beware TGC will not support any of these titles. I bought DB Pro when first released, as a retail package. Because of this, any offers and such to DB pro users have been unavailable for me in the past. Probably not an issue now, but I thought it a little petty at the time. I bought it at full price when it was released, not on a clear out sale as well. Still, a good deal if you are going to use them, but I fail to see what use DBPro or Tree Magik will have, the original Dark Matter is a little dated now as well.

So I would say for Reloaded, probably not that much use. If you want to try your hand at programming, it's not too bad.

SPECS: Q6600 CPU. Nvidia 660GTX. 8 Gig Memory. Win 7.
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "So I would say for Reloaded, probably not that much use. If you want to try your hand at programming, it's not too bad."

Thanks DVader....I decided to just order it anyway......for a few quid it just might come in handy ....There might be some models or useful textures ...
Its Prime so postage free and less than a packet of fags
PM
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeah, for that price it's a bargain really! Worth it mainly for dark shader, although I haven't played much with that yet, it does work for Reloaded. To some degree anyway, I'm no shader expert or even beginner, lol.

SPECS: Q6600 CPU. Nvidia 660GTX. 8 Gig Memory. Win 7.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-09 02:23:04
Your offset time is: 2024-05-09 02:23:04