Product Chat / My suggestions about "The Escape"

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I have finally got some time to try out "The Escape" and as FPSC:R is still a beta, I guess that users' opinions are always welcome

(I know that "The Escape" was made with a "quite old" version of FPSC:R but I have not yet read all the news about recent updates )

What I liked:
- the gameplay feels smooth and more polished than FPSC.
- the terrain editor show it's capabilities.
- NPC's AI works way better than FPSC (it's good to see them chase you without getting stuck around the level... ).
- the sounds and how they are work in-game are way better than FPSC.
- the special effects, no more 2D sprites for bullet impacts!
- we can now choose graphic quality settings

What should be improved:
- the game runs smooth on "medium" settings but I got lots of frame drops with "high" settings... while the overall graphic quality was quite satisfactory, it felt a bit unoptimized.
- stock weapons' ironsights are misaligned... I don't know if this was done on purpose but it looks (IMO) quite bad The RPG is quite weird as the rocket points upwards but it fires straight at the crosshair .

What I hope for:
- support for legacy model packs.
- some kind of "segment" editor like in FPSC to create indoor levels (anyway, I want to see how the "construction kit" will be improved).
- projectile-base weapons (I don't want to be annoying with this... but it makes a lot of difference in terms of "gunplay" and "feeling" ).
- fixed gun emplacements.
- easy-to-use scripting for main menu, options, etc.

... and I'm looking forward to seeing the new LUA-scripting system!

I think that's all, it was a beta anyway...

Keep up the good work!
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-02 04:04:52
Your offset time is: 2024-05-02 04:04:52