3rd Party Models/Media Chat / Carnivorous plant

Author
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2014 08:30 Edited at: 26th Nov 2014 08:31
Available in the store - an evil carnivorous plant (I've made a minor change since approval, so it may take a little while for reapproval).

The script makes provision for an attack and a death sound. You can source your own sounds, or use the ones I use (from www.freesfx.co.uk) called 'Person Bites Into Toasted Tea Cake' for the attack sound and 'monster_ill_or_dying_moan' for the death sound. Sounds need to be in .ogg or .wav format. Add the sounds to your Files\audiobank\misc folder and add the following lines to the evil plant.fpe file -

Attachments

Login to view attachments
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Love that ..... Its like Triffids
PM
Gtox
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2014 16:08
Never heard of triffids - I was thinking more of Audrey II from Little Shop of Horrors (at least in personality, if not appearance - Audrey II was much uglier )
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2014 16:21
Feed Me!!

Pretty cool and creative work. I'll totally have these in my game.

-Wolf

"When I contradict myself, I am telling the truth"

"absurdity has become necessity"

79% Sale on my latest Scifi Modelpack. Get it here!
Gtox
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2014 17:05
Thanks Wolf. Haven't watched it in years, but I remember 'Feed me Seymour' and Steve Martin's evil dentist.
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2014 18:19 Edited at: 26th Nov 2014 18:20
Never heard of the classic film " Day of the Triffids "

Its up there with " The Time Machine " and " War of the Worlds "

PM
granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2014 19:20
Great film in its day,remember it well .

Dave

AMD Phenom(tm)IIx6 1090t Processor 3.20 GHS

8.00 GB memory Windows 7 64 bit

Nvida Geforce GTX 580
PM
Gtox
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2014 20:14
They seem to have been quite popular in their day, but then faded into obscurity.
Gtox
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2014 09:37
Store update - after making a few minor changes, I resubmitted it to the store, but sadly included 2 fpe files instead of 1 (doh!). So I've submitted it again, and assuming that I've missed the very small window of opportunity for approval today (and assuming I haven't made any other errors) it should be in the store tomorrow.
Jackal
Years of Service
User Offline
Thats cool. How do you get custom animated characters into reloaded? There a tutorial somewhere?

"Vae Victis" P.S I am a GOLD Backer of this project. I'm just to lazy to email for my badge. If your reading this, then your probably thinking that I could of sent that email instead of typing this. Well, you wouldn't be wrong! Now that you have read all of this....Back This Project. Thank You And Have A Good Day or Morning or maybe evening....
PM
Gtox
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2014 03:43
Jackal - getting animated entities to work isn't all that hard - I think the main issue is getting characters to work with the stock ai scripts, and since this has its own script, there's no problem. Also, technically this isn't a character, it's juts an entity that happens to be animated, which probably makes things a bit easier.
Whyrag
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2014 04:25
Very cool !!!

Quad core amd, windows 7 home premium, 16 gigs ram, 2GB EVGA Geforce GTX 750 Ti
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2014 05:11 Edited at: 28th Nov 2014 05:11
In its FPE does it use ischaracter = 1 at all?

I'm very interested in starting work on some "character" models but when it comes to scripting I've had many issues with just getting them to walk or melee attack.

i7 -2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz - Windows 7 - 8GB RAM - Nivida GeForce 420 GT
Gtox
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2014 05:25
I haven't used ischaracter in the fpe (I think it's 0 by default), so it's just an entity (hence RotateToPlayer works, which wouldn't happen if it was a character). I haven't seen any successful character scripts yet (other than the stock scripts) which is why I'm sticking with simpler, non-characters for the time being. I'm not sure what the advantages of making an entity a character actually are (other than getting it to use waypoints). The plants attack routine is essentially a basic form of melee combat and it works just fine. Once you get within a certain range, the attack animation begins - if you are still within range when the animation reaches a certain point, you take damage.
Gtox
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2014 07:45
The model has been approved, and is once again available in the store. As far as using it goes, the attack is fairly slow (it is a plant, after all), and can be dodged once the attack animation has begun, but can be speeded up with scripting commands if you prefer. It would work best placed in large numbers along a path that the player had to traverse slowly, or perhaps a bunch of them guarding a valuable item, with a couple of more mobile baddies or other traps to keep the player within range long enough to be damaged.
TazMan
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2014 10:41
Very cool.

I've got something to say - It's better to burn out than fade away.

God is a kid with an ant farm, he has no plans.
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2014 15:38
Quote: "(it is a plant, after all), and can be dodged once the attack animation has begun,"

I'll remodel the head to look more like a venus fly trap and then hide them in the foliage of my overgrown dungeons. The slow attack is just perfect for it being a plant as you said and for having something creep from the side and attack you without being unfair.

Also, your fishes look fricking great in-engine. I just had a chance today to check the 2 I bought out.

-Wolf

Gtox
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2014 15:56
Thanks Wolf. Yes, a sneaky dungeon attack to whittle away your health sounds good. The health damage is supposed to be 100, but it seems to deal double damage. Just change the HurtPlayer amount in the script to suit yourself.
3com
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2014 18:54
I remember , Little Shop of film.

Nice plant.

3com
PM
Lance
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2014 19:06
" Feed me I'm hungry"
PM
almightyhood
Years of Service
User Offline
hahaha I remember day of the triffids original movie, but it was also remade in 2009 to a tv series, available on amazon.co.uk
I love the little shop of horrors movie..

evga GeForce gtx 750 ti boost2.0 2gb gddr5. win 8.1 amd 4100fx cpu quad core 4gb ram.
PM
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Dec 2014 14:40
Bah! The 60's version was far better.

-Wolf

Gtox
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Dec 2014 15:37 Edited at: 2nd Dec 2014 17:35
Here's an alternate (spotty) texture and a new script, which causes the plant to grow when you shoot it (thanks tomjscott for mentioning the SetEntityHealth function - that was driving me nuts). The maximum scale is set here in the script
, and is easily changeable. Just remember that if it gets too big, the attack animation won't reach down to the player. You also need to make sure that the attackdist variable roughly matches the scale.

EDIT : you'll need to change 'plant.x' in the fpe file to 'evil plant.x'

Attachments

Login to view attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 15:26:13
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 15:26:13