Product Chat / AGK 2 released - and why it matters to Reloaded users.

Author
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi all,

We're very happy to announce that AGK 2 went onto Steam last night and everything has gone smoothly. If you're an AGK or AGK 2 user we'd love to hear your comments (Positive hopefully) on the Steam forums: You can join the Steam community here: http://steamcommunity.com/app/325180

Sales of App Game Kit 2 help support all elements of TGC development including Reloaded and as our first Steam release, AGK 2 is paving the way for Reloaded to hit Steam at a run in the future.

Thanks guys for all your great support across all of the TGC range.

SC

i7-4770s 3.10ghz - Geforce GTX 650ti
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
You should consider a package deal for AGK2 and Reloaded.....
Double up on users for both products .... The more I think about it the better the idea is
PM
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2014 17:17 Edited at: 23rd Nov 2014 17:21
i just got agk2 yesterday from steam, got to say it's an amazingly effective product considering it works on multiple platforms without any fuss - same code works perfectly fine with mouse on pc and again with touch screen on your phone without needing extra code or settings... and the coding itself is pretty easy (the help section is brilliant too so it's a breeze to learn while you go) for anyone wanting to make apps for mobiles i highly recommend it! 10/10 from me and i hope reloaded is as good (and even easier to use thanks to it's drag and drop style).

the only downside is i don't have enough time to use both reloaded and agk2

Quote: "You should consider a package deal for AGK2 and Reloaded"

i agree, they dont compete against eachother in any way really and would make a great pack to market as being for beginners, maybe it'll also be something they consider when reloaded gets released on steam (shame it'll be after christmas though)

life's one big game

windows vista ultimate

i5 @3.3ghz, 4gb ram, geforce gtx460, directx 11
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "the only downside is i don't have enough time to use both reloaded and agk2 "

Kill 2 birds with one stone and make an app for Reloaded
PM
m2design
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
I too purchased agk2.. now all I have to do is figure out when and how to use it.

Looking forward, hope it does not take as long as DBPro, to become proficient .

Windows pro 8.1 with 8.1 update,64 bit|AMD FX-6200 Six-core-3.80 Ghz |CPU PASSMARK 6,142 |Memory 10GB |NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 660 SC |GPU PASSMARK 4,114
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Looking forward, hope it does not take as long as DBPro, to become proficient"

depends what you want to achieve with it, it's the same principle as dbpro (if you use the basic language rather than c++ especially) so not much different there, the only real major positive is the inbuilt support for multiple devices (read: mobiles and tablets) without having to change anything... it's still a code based engine so you'll still have to write everything just like dbpro though.
if you want to make apps or mini games (or full even) for mobiles it's very much worth it but it really depends how much you want to code, if you can't or don't like coding than it isn't for you

life's one big game

windows vista ultimate

i5 @3.3ghz, 4gb ram, geforce gtx460, directx 11

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-02 04:56:19
Your offset time is: 2024-05-02 04:56:19