Scripts / Polling for options

Author
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Since there seem to be a number of people here who do care for scripting so much I have started building a "world" script. This is for anyone who is building open world type games. At the moment this script includes:
Configurable 24 hour clock (hours and minutes)
Lighting control (every game minute that occurs the lighting is adjusted from a min to max lighting)
Hunger control (warnings and starving damage)
Thirst control (warning and dehydration damage)
Auto-Healing (occurs only when food and thirst levels are up.)
A fog system (every game hour a new fog nearest and furthest is randomly generated based on a maximum and minimum you set
Adaptive culling system (auto hides everything beyond the fog limit)
+Water culling (hides water when its out of the fog range).
Also has a health limiting system (normally it can go up to an unlimited amount, this allows adding a maximum.)
I also placed in lightening flash effect and a "high" color effect done with the lighting.

All of these systems are configurable and working. If you didn't want to use any one of them you can simple set a variable to off thus not using one wont affect the others (except the clock most things depend on timing).

Before I release it I have Plans for a stats system, a saving/loading system (I have built a stand alone saving system, but still working on loading) and money (and timed earnings, like a regular pay check)
+I also want to do a little work on culling (as of now it is by player distance to a object, I want to calculate the player rotation and the angle, so i can hide whats behind you.)

I am not releasing the code quite yet, but I wanted to ask if there are any options people would want to include in a robust open world system?
PM
Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Sounds great, but I'd wait until V1.009 is released before you make this public as culling has come a long way in recent weeks.

SC

i7-4770s 3.10ghz - Geforce GTX 650ti
exadion
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
That would be great, luckily if I nee to remove that part of the function its only a few lines long..

Annoyingly, the script is Now 501 lines long and has like less than half of the functions I want/need..

Still as far as culling is concerned, it just decides randomly where the Far fog distance is and hides everything behind it. Currently giving me 30% higher FPS.

Good news is the Money system is in and because there are too many outputs (food, water, money, time, date etc..) I have added a rotation system That changes each minute.
PM
Johno 15
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2014 17:19
Looks like a great job exadion. Cant wait till you release it

www.archon-industries.moonfruit.com (Visit it)
Angiel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2014 15:58
Scripts very interesting, I wait for the date of release.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-07 12:58:07
Your offset time is: 2024-05-07 12:58:07