3rd Party Models/Media Chat / Teabone Models

Author
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2014 17:41 Edited at: 30th Mar 2020 21:55
Ths Thread Will Feature Some New and Updated Packs!
Below you'll find packs that are occationally updated with new content and improved quality:

Food Pack
https://www.tgcstore.net/pack/10924

Caution Signs Pack
https://www.tgcstore.net/pack/10989

So I've finally decided to put a thread together of my work in progress media for FPSC-Reloaded and to feature some of the work I have completed. I joined the TGC Store a bit late when it was around for FPSC-Classic. Though I've been using FPSC for many years.

Living in Toronto, Canada, I am surrounded by many construction sites and urban-ware-and-tear locations. These areas have inspired me to work on a series of models for urban city scenery. So a lot of these models require a lot of photography on my part to get all the diffuse, normal and specular textures together. My way about going about textures is a bit unorthodox but the results due to stand out.

I am a big fan of games like Fallout and Skyrim so expect to see a lot more themes beyond just modern. I'll be updating this thread quite frequently as I have many projects on the go and wouldn't mind some feedback

Check Out What's In Store!
Store Assets - Store Link

i7 -2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz - Windows 7 - 8GB RAM - Nivida GeForce GTX 960
teamhalo
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Gears of War 4
Posted: 7th Nov 2014 18:12
the dock looks really nice, how's the collision with it? That's awesome you source your own textures. Need to get a camera one of these days.

http://i.imgur.com/dw6hNhe.jpg
Bolt Action Gaming
GameGuru Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2014 19:24
As usual your stuff looks great. One suggestion:

Nuclear cooling towers of that type are a LOT larger. I say this as someone who drives by TMI every day.

The ones at TMI are 372ft (!) high, visible for miles around. Just a thought. I realize that borders into the realm of the absurd in gaming but you could probably get away with at least a fivefold size increase.

Please check out my reviews blog

http://fpscreloadedreview.blogspot.com
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2014 19:31 Edited at: 19th Dec 2014 20:32
Quote: "the dock looks really nice, how's the collision with it? That's awesome you source your own textures. Need to get a camera one of these days.

"

The dock actually works surprisingly well in both Classic and Reloaded. I've also constructed it so you can snap many of them together to create your own paths, like in the screenshot and there doesn't seem to be any issues with collisions.

In terms of textures, I find through photography you get some very raw looking models. Hence the graffiti and blemishes. What I find challenging with this method, is that you have to make sure not to capture any wordmarks or logos. So I'll be going back and airbrushing out the word "Bell" on the Phones and slipping in the word "Phone" into the layers. Another issue is your variety becomes limited. For instance if you place two of those silver electrical boxes side by side, they would be noticeable replicas. So in the future I'll have to make plain (no graffiti) versions of most of these types of models.

I mainly use a point and shoot camera but when I do want to focus on just textures rather than taking pictures of entire objects, I may use my Digital SLR with a macro lens to get better detail.

Quote: "Nuclear cooling towers of that type are a LOT larger. I say this as someone who drives by TMI every day."

In that screenshot I was quite limited with height due to it being in FPSC-Classic. I may consider going with your suggest of at least x5. I've actually never seen a nuclear power plant in person before, so I'm working with little reference. Thanks for the advice I'll definitively have to look into making LOD versions as well, with it at that scale.

i7 -2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz - Windows 7 - 8GB RAM - Nivida GeForce 420 GT
Gtox
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2014 19:48
Very attractive texture work. Also a big fan of Skyrim and Fallout, so anything along those lines would be welcome.
Bolt Action Gaming
GameGuru Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2014 20:04
For your reference I can see the TMI towers pretty much from 10 miles in any direction. They're effing huge. If you were going in actual scale:

Those look about 2 stories high. They should feasibly be around 40 stories high.

So for realism? 20x increase in size.

That said, I think you could get away with 5x if you really had to.

Please check out my reviews blog

http://fpscreloadedreview.blogspot.com
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2014 04:13 Edited at: 8th Nov 2014 04:14

Okay so I've finally reached a height I think I'm comfortable with. Since I have to put major consideration on the texture size. I'd like to keep them fairly low. After checking out some references of nuclear cooling towers I decided to fix up the texture a bit and add a bit of a caution strip at the top and some more seeping stains.

Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Looking good..

SC

i7-4770s 3.10ghz - Geforce GTX 650ti
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2014 20:21
very impressed teabone, i am in awe of many talents on this forum, amazing work

an unquenchable thirst for knowledge of game creation!!!
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2014 00:40 Edited at: 19th Dec 2014 20:34
Thanks guys

I'm actually having many difficulties with using the actual docks in Reloaded. Due to the nature in which the editor handles entity positioning and the way terrain and water are not preciously sculpted. Its actually quite annoying trying to join an object in water and partly on land. I even created a wooden dock that had gradual elongated pillars that go further down as they are deeper in the water, but its still not good enough for public use I find. Perhaps the new terrain slope tool will be of some use once that is out and working properly. So for the docks, I'll just have to wait till that happens.

Though according to games like Fallout and Skyrim they just have the docks pretty much floating and the legs/pillars don't actually touch the seabed in all cases. I don't really find that realistic but its a considerable work-around for this issue.

AuShadow
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2014 01:18
Everybody has seen a nuke plant before,,, the Simpsons

PC Specs: Windows 7 home 64-bit, Amd 7900 3gb DDR5 graphics, 8gb DDR3 Ram, Intel i7 3.4ghz
TazMan
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2014 11:22
Quote: "What To Do When There Are Similar Models?"

Well Teabone you beat me to an idea I was going to give some time to, the nuclear cooling towers. Luckily I hadn't started work on them yet.

Fantastic looking models by the way.

I've got something to say - It's better to burn out than fade away. God is a kid with an ant farm, he has no plans. A cure for Agoraphobia is just around the corner.

Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2014 16:56 Edited at: 19th Dec 2014 20:29
Started doing some more work on the outdoor payphones. Will be creating about 3 or 4 variations. Hoping to also include a clean version. Additionally I'll have these payphones without their stands too so they can placed on walls. If all goes well with the material index control in Reloaded, I may include a North American styled payphone glass booth.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2014 20:37 Edited at: 26th Feb 2016 05:06
Quote: "Well Teabone you beat me to an idea I was going to give some time to, the nuclear cooling towers. Luckily I hadn't started work on them yet."

Don't let it stop you! I think even different variations could even work in the same scene.
Twitter - Teabone3 | Youtube - Teabone3 | Twitch - Teabone3

i7 -2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz - Windows 7 - 8GB RAM - Nivida GeForce GT 740
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2014 07:17 Edited at: 17th Dec 2014 08:32
So I've gone back to a few of my models and improved their normal and specular maps. They seemed a bit dull and flat, so I felt the need to go back and add more depth to them. In the attachment is a screenshot of the new and improved Hydraulic Power Box (which is available in the store). The paint should look more separated from the exposed rusted metal now.

Attachments

Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2014 14:08
This is some very good work!!

-Wolf

"When I contradict myself, I am telling the truth"

"absurdity has become necessity"

79% Sale on my latest Scifi Modelpack. Get it here!
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2014 01:51 Edited at: 19th Dec 2014 20:36
Thanks!

Its going to take me a lot more practice to get started on more organic models. For instance in the attachment is one of the models I've been working on (with a temporary place-holder UV mapped texture).

I do have a background in life-drawing, but I still feel for volumetric study of the human form, I have lots more to learn before I can even consider finalizing human models. It is however something I've very interested in getting into. Especially for when it comes to animating them.

Attachments

Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2014 03:47
Leaving my 20's behind me in about an hour. Happy Birthday to me!

I'll be working heavily on modeling for the next little while it being the winter holidays here. So expect much more awesome content in the weeks to come.

cybernescence
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Cogwheel Chronicles
Posted: 13th Dec 2014 01:14
Happy birthday Teabone.

Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2014 20:24 Edited at: 19th Dec 2015 01:57
Thanks Cybernescene!

If anyone is interested, I've also been working on ambient audio. I've recently finished up volume 1 of my Science Fiction soundtracks. Click here to check out the pack!
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2015 20:19
Increasing the Global Specularity makes a big different I noticed and really helps create more depth in the models. This is something I didn't notice at first. So for all future models I'm going to take more care with the normal and spec maps to create more detail and depth for those users that do like to use a higher global specularity setting.

Attachments

TazMan
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2015 11:20
Yes Teabone I have been looking at this a little more lately.
HP Pavilion Laptop, AMD A8-4555M APU with Radeon(tm) Graphics HD Graphics 1.6GHz, 8GB Memory, 64 Bit Operating System (Windows 8.1), 1 TB Hard Drive.

I've got something to say - It's better to burn out than fade away.
The Next
TGC Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2015 11:24
Unlocked
Windows 7 Pro, Intel i7 3.8 GHz (Passmark: 9021), 16GB DDR3, NVIDIA GTX 780 4GB Superclocked (Passmark: 8056)
PM
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2015 03:40 Edited at: 16th Jan 2016 05:42
Hey everyone I've been working really hard on creating a typographic signage pack for your urban scenery. Currently I've completed the Post-Apocalyptic set of numbers, symbols and letters. Will be moving on to the next set of clean stylized letters quite soon. It does take a very long time to get them up to the store due to the individual entity setup.

Post-Apocalyptic - Letter Signage Pack
https://en.tgcstore.net/pack/10593

Expect more packs of this nature in August! I know a lot of you are setting your games in a ruined urban settings. I am also taking requests too. Additionally I'll be adding more symbols and fonts to this pack.

Thanks Next for unlocking the thread; I have quite a lot of updates to share quite soon
Twitter - Teabone3 | Youtube - Teabone3

Attachments

Tarkus1971
Audio Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2015 11:58
fantastic models Teabone, I just bought the signage pack and am eager to fit them into my projects. Thank you.
Aftershock Quad Core AMD FM2+ 3.5 GHz 8GB Motherboard and Processor, A7700k apu, AMD HD7870 gfx card.
King Korg Synth, Alesis SR18 Drum Machine, Akai MPX8 sample player, Roland Fantom XA Synth, Axus Digital AXK2 Digital Drum Kit.
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2015 20:56
Thanks for the purchase there will be much more to come! I am including more post-apocalyptic signage to that same pack, so you'll notice a few new items appearing in your inventory in the next couple of days.
The Next
TGC Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2015 17:17
Unlocked
Windows 7 Pro, Intel i7 3.8 GHz (Passmark: 9021), 16GB DDR3, NVIDIA GTX 780 4GB Superclocked (Passmark: 8056)
PM
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2015 21:03
Thanks!

I'm going to be working on a ton of new stuff during the holidays, also have quite a lot I plan to roll out before Christmas. Been playing a lot of Fallout 4 so expect to see a lot of stuff within the same theme appearing on the store quite soon.
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2016 05:32 Edited at: 16th Jan 2016 05:41
Hey everyone, I've finally finished up my Post-Apocalyptic Letter Signage Pack!

https://en.tgcstore.net/pack/10593

This is a great asset for your ruined city buildings and structures. Current savings is 75%!

Includes 65 letters, numbers and symbols from two font-faces (serif and art deco)
Twitter - Teabone3 | Youtube - Teabone3

teamhalo
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Gears of War 4
Posted: 16th Jan 2016 19:18
Glad to see your Letter Signs pack has been finished, these will work well with a lot of store content. Great job! Looking forward to seeing more models from you in 2016
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2016 04:46 Edited at: 27th Feb 2016 01:40
Thanks teamhalo, I've always found your work to be particularity inspirational.

I'm working on fine tuning and uploading a series of urban payphones to the store. They should start making their way up their this weekend.

Attachments

HarryWever
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2016 09:16
Very Nice , Teabone..
that will look great in a urban environment..

Harry
Harry
When nothing goes right, go left
PM
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Mar 2016 23:54
Thanks Harry! I'm working on 2 other variations for it so that multiples can be used without them looking identical to each other.

Took a while but the first one is finally in the store:
https://en.tgcstore.net/product/26993

The Next
TGC Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2017 11:49
Unlocked at authors request
PM
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jan 2017 09:32 Edited at: 31st Jan 2017 10:01
Been a while since I posted in my thread here. As I have spent the last year converting media from FPSC over to Game-Guru for the Free Expansion Pack DLC on Steam. Now that the bulk of the work has been done, I can return to working on some custom media.

I've decided to actually revisit a lot of the assets I have been working on and some I have already released. Fixing up their scaling, material index, shaders and setting proper collision shapes. I've also considered making smaller assets that are intended for more of scenery objects, static so they use less memory. I'm unfortunately obsessed with detail so its hard to let some things go unless I feel they have been perfected.

I've returned to the original payphone design and have been fixing it up and adding more details to the textures and meshes. As I noticed a lot of people requesting higher quality models.

Twitter - Teabone3 | Youtube - Teabone3 | Twitch - Teabone3 | TGC Assets - Store Link

Attachments

Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2017 01:15 Edited at: 4th Feb 2017 01:18
I've started working on some skyboxes. Been playing around with different shaders and animations. For now I'm going to be keeping things fairly simple so its new territory for me.

Blue Space Nebula
This skybox is complete 360 degree so if you wanted to make a space scene without the terrain visible, you won't see any distortions from the bottom.

Store Page:
https://www.tgcstore.net/product/29240
Twitter - Teabone3 | Youtube - Teabone3 | Twitch - Teabone3 | TGC Assets - Store Link

TazMan
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2017 12:29
Now that is a very realistic phone Teabone, and I love the Nebulae skybox. Great work
HP Pavilion Laptop - AMD A8-4555M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics - 1.6GHz, 8GB Memory, Windows 10 Home, 64-bit Operating System.

Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2017 18:48
Thanks Tazman, I'm considering making a dynamic version of the payphone too so you can actually pick up the receiver. Or at the very least have an animation for it.

Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2017 03:11 Edited at: 5th Mar 2017 09:48
I've been working on a bunch of dinosaurs over the years in 3DSMAX probably very similar to what has already been done. I've been referencing a lot of the common appearances of dinosaurs from cinema though do intent to uniquely add my own flavor to them. Maybe even some feathers for some.

Just got to work on the teeth, claws

My main concern will be the textures. As having just a blanket texture of scales isn't going to do it for me. I'm incredibly obsessed with detail and I think the texturing process be the most challenging. Even more then the animation stage. May need to throw the mesh into Mudbox and practice painting directly on the mesh. We'll see!

I am estimating the total poly count will be around 1200.

With Placeholder Texture

Developing claws

As addition to modeling the dinos, I've been working with a lot of audio. Mixing down animal tracks, blending them to create unique sounds for each creature. May need to revisit the local zoo when the weather gets better.

In FPS Creator, I originally nabbed a free 3D model off the net and re-rigged it and animated it as well as scripted it to work in game. I unfortunately dont have any screenshots or videos its use in the engine. It did work out quite well, especially when using the DarkAI commands with teams allowing it to hunt down prey and attack the player. Only video I have of it was back in 2013 when testing out the animations in 3DsMax:

3D Model from the Internet (2013)

Custom 3D Model (2013) - early early tests without completed mesh

With this new model im working on now for Game Guru, I'm starting out completely from scratch creating the mesh and textures and sounds so it can be used in your commercial games completely license free!

Attachments

Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jul 2018 18:13
amazing work t bone!!!!!
granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jul 2018 20:09
Nice to see you back in the swing again Teabone

Dave
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
AMD FX (tm)-9590 Eight-core Processor
31.96 GB RAM
1920x1080,60 Hz
PM
TazMan
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2018 15:30
Looking good Teabone, can't wait to see the final product.

Andrew...
Dell Laptop I7-I7500U @ 2.7GHz to 2.9GHz, 16GB Memory, Windows 10 Home, 64-bit Operating System.

synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Always room for more dinosaurs
The only person ever to get all his work done by "Friday" was Robinson Crusoe..
PM
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2018 03:20 Edited at: 20th Sep 2018 18:44
I'm still working on my first dinosaur model. I have quite an obsession with dinosaurs so I will for sure always be exploring what kinds of media I can make that could fall within the world of dinosaurs. I certainly need to improve my rigging and animation skills
Twitter - Teabone3 | Youtube - Teabone3 | Twitch - Teabone3 | TGC Assets - Store Link | Patreon - Teabone3

Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2018 18:52
I'm sure many 3D Modelers have gone through this phase before, where they are sitting around thinking... what could I possibly model next? And thus you end up looking around your house at objects and start 3D mock ups of them. One thing I never considered however was my massive collection of photography that I have taken myself some framed and some that are not. So I decided to throw together a 3D frame and inject the photos in to it to create a series of 3D assets out of them:

I think they really help compliment interiors. If you are looking to spruce up your scenes. Maybe you have a residence you are constructing with the EBE? I have such a massive collection that if anyone purchases this pack, you will receive all additional entries for free as I continue to development more and add them in.

Store Link:
https://www.tgcstore.net/pack/11017

I think it be really cool to see my own photography in other people's games. So if this is a type of scenery object(s) that interests you feel free to take a look.
Twitter - Teabone3 | Youtube - Teabone3 | Twitch - Teabone3 | TGC Assets - Store Link | Patreon - Teabone3

granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2018 23:30
Good to see you back in the groove mr T

Dave
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
AMD FX (tm)-9590 Eight-core Processor
31.96 GB RAM
1920x1080,60 Hz
PM
Peri
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Nice
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2018 05:14 Edited at: 10th Oct 2018 05:16
Hey all! I just wanted to give a bit of an update to ... well an update Ive made to one of my older packs. I received some feedback that the signs in my Warning Signs pack were hard to handle in the engine. So ive decided to go back and comment out the raise factors on all of the sign FPE files and also lower them to the base line in their meshes. This should allow for GG to give you the ability to easily highlight them again.

For anyone that hasnt picked up the pack its currently only a $1 for 13 signs. I am also occasionally uploading more signs to the pack, of which you would receive for free if you own the pack already. Always open to taking any sorts of requests for new signs to add to the pack as well.

Store Link:
https://www.tgcstore.net/pack/10989

Attachments

Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2019 05:18 Edited at: 27th Apr 2019 05:19
Hi all its been a while since I've posted and updates here. I've made a few additions to some existing packs. So anyone who previously/already owns these will receive all the additions for free!

The Letter Signage Pack - now includes additional solid vibrant color options (green, orange and blue/cyan). Will be working on many more variations and colors in the weeks to come. So if you don't own this pack already, purchase now and you will receive the upcoming additions without any extra cost.

https://www.tgcstore.net/pack/10593

Food - I've added a few new items to the Food pack. So again alike the letter signage pack, if you already purchased this pack, you will receive these new items for free. Just click Download Store items within Game Guru and you should receive some new items.

https://www.tgcstore.net/pack/10924

Toy Blocks - An extra blank wooden block has been added to this pack. If you don't already own this pack , you can get it now for a very low price of only $1. This price will soon be going up as the store starts increasing all items priced below 50 cents to minimum 50 cents which will effectively increase a lot of the prices of packs on the store.

https://www.tgcstore.net/pack/10843

GubbyBlips
Years of Service
User Offline
LOL, since I started on page 1, I thought this whole
thread was just recently posted, (instead of 4.5 yrs old!)
Was going to say the nuke tower actually looked tall!

Everything you got on there looks very useful!
Just got your photo frames and both letter packs, T!
The sign pack is also a bargain!

BTW I'm thinking silver and grey color for the letters
would come in handy for places like hospitals,
schools, etc.
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 03:45:22
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 03:45:22