Product Chat / Time for a release date

Author
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2014 20:22
Got to be time time for a release date of the next beta,the waiting is getting to me .Any news guys.

Fave

AMD Phenom(tm)IIx6 1090t Processor 3.20 GHS

8.00 GB memory Windows 7 64 bit

Nvida Geforce GTX 580
PM
SamKM
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm pretty sure they said about mid-November in one of the newspapers
The Next
TGC Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2014 21:19
There is no solid date as of yet but I believe the last talk was sometime in November.

Not long now.

Windows 7 Pro, Intel i7 3.8 GHz (Passmark: 9021), 16GB DDR3, NVIDIA GTX 780 4GB Superclocked (Passmark: 8056)
PM
granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2014 21:36
Quote: "There is no solid date as of yet but I believe the last talk was sometime in November"

Hope so,the new release looks exiting .

Dave

AMD Phenom(tm)IIx6 1090t Processor 3.20 GHS

8.00 GB memory Windows 7 64 bit

Nvida Geforce GTX 580
PM
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Mid November sounds possible, but we will have to see. As far as I know, only internal testers have tried it so far, so we will have to see how it does with the secondary testing team. From following the blog I know that the only things left to do as such, are editor and terrain based stuff (not sure about conkit or any other extras). With smoothing almost done and ramps to follow, plus whatever editor tweaks are needed, if any, they may be done for all I know, we should expect a new version to be possibly packed up sometime next week. Give it a week of tests and tweaks, maybe longer. Definitely possible.

Given all that. I know nothing and want it asap! I think most people are getting restless now, it has possibly been the longest update we have had to wait for to date. We can only hope the wait does not mar the experience when we finally get our mitts on it! I am hoping for no serious memory crashes, faster performance, better visuals and more lua options. Conkit, would be nice

Water needs fixing and improving, but I am now looking ahead, as I don't expect this for the next update. When I say fixing, I mean the option for several water objects, rather than a single all encompassing plane. While were at it particle effects would be useful for water as well, not to mention a million other things. Although we have to wonder if performance will allow for much in this dept as yet.

Roll on 1.9. We all wait with baited breath.

SPECS: Q6600 CPU. Nvidia 660GTX. 8 Gig Memory. Win 7.
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
It seems a long wait so far and hopefully a load of stuff has been done to make the wait worthwhile
But im with the others.... Really want to get my hands on it now
PM
Uman
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "not to mention a million other things"

Performance will probably remain a prominent factor adding more things ongoing as we move into 2015 and beyond when users will hopefully be making games with Reloaded.

Next year and thereafter we are likely to see again more significant strides in device hardware and software technologies in general with more power too potentially available in general computing terms. Games and other media will only continue to get better in theory at least.

OK if you can access the full potential of that as technologies move forward. Faster, more powerful available technologies do not necessarily mean much or any improvement by default of course unless the power can be harnessed and not detract which can be a factor.

Not there yet and who knows what the future holds and in the meantime V1.09 may give us the best insight to date into how Reloaded will shape up.

Looking forward to V1.09 but would rather wait myself for a Release that's stable and workable rather than one which has any major issues.

Hopefully it will be slick and dandy and help all us lovely end users get to grips with it over the next couple of months into the new year while TGC get on with whatever is next.

If it comes this side of Christmas then I would hope that it will be in a condition that users can do something with over the Holiday period when many may have more time to enjoy it.

No doubt it will in any case provide much interest and food for thought testing and feedback at least for a while.

Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi all,

Mid to late November is the likely release date of the next beta. We felt it was better to give you guys something amazing, rather than the smaller updates. Major internal testing hasn't started yet, but we expect to do so next week... Then the alpha testers will get to feedback and then out to all pledgers.

It'll be worth the wait... It may have been a long time coming, but it's a massive improvement.

As always, thanks for your patience.

SC

i7-4770s 3.10ghz - Geforce GTX 650ti
geistschatten
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: GameGuru
Posted: 1st Nov 2014 22:52
So it's safe to say that we're all going to have hordes of zombies coming out of a forest of Christmas trees?

50 WIP threads titled "The Nightmare Before Christmas"....
3com
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2014 00:08
As I said before, beta 1.9 comes with Santa.

3com
PM
wildman4
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2014 18:18
Any update on the release?
PM
Jerry Tremble
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2014 00:52
I think 3com has it about right!

MAME Cab PC: i7 4770@3.4Ghz (passmark 9945), 12GB RAM, Win 8.1/64, GeForce GTX645 (passmark 1898); Shiny new laptop: i7 4800MQ@2.7Ghz (passmark 8586), 16GB RAM, Win 8.1/64, GeForce GTX870M (passmark 3598); Old laptop: i5@2.3Ghz, 8GB RAM, Win 7/64, Intel 3000 graphics
PM
Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi,

There will be a release well before Christmas.. We need to get a resounding yes from our alpha testers and so far, they would like to see some additional improvements. We hope to have another version with them in the next couple of days.

We're sorry for the delay and thank you all for sticking with us.

SC

snowdog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2014 01:49
No probs, better to wait a little longer for improvements imo. Haven't had much of a chance to start messing around with Reloaded yet and am looking forward to trying 1.9 when it's ready.

Duncan Edwards is the one person who, even today, I really felt inferior to. I've never known anybody so gifted and strong and powerful with the presence that he had - Sir Bobby Charlton
PM
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2014 21:16 Edited at: 23rd Nov 2014 21:23
Not convinced on November release. At all. I would not be at all surprised if it was not with us till next year and that is honest words. Not angry or moaning just jaded by it a bit

an unquenchable thirst for knowledge of game creation!!!
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Don't say that ....Not next year it seems ages since the last......Il play with whatever you have ....But something before Xmas Please
PM
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2014 23:15
I'm pretty sure we'll have a public release before Christmas. Lee has hammering down on the bugs at rapid speed and quite a lot of them.

i7 -2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz - Windows 7 - 8GB RAM - Nivida GeForce 420 GT
Jerry Tremble
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2014 00:27
Take your time, release a great beta, not an "okay" one. If it shows up in my Christmas stocking, it will be the first thing to show up there in many years! This has been the longest wait for a new beta, though, and I'm pretty sure prior to the release of the last one, it was said they would be released on a more regular basis. It was just never stated what the regularity would be. I'm content with four months betwixt, it gives me more time to learn the intricacies of UE4.

MAME Cab PC: i7 4770@3.4Ghz (passmark 9945), 12GB RAM, Win 8.1/64, GeForce GTX645 (passmark 1898); Shiny new laptop: i7 4800MQ@2.7Ghz (passmark 8586), 16GB RAM, Win 8.1/64, GeForce GTX870M (passmark 3598); Old laptop: i5@2.3Ghz, 8GB RAM, Win 7/64, Intel 3000 graphics
PM
unfamillia
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2014 14:34
I am in the same boat as you Jerry. This gap between beta's has given me the time to stretch my legs with UE4. I know people will say that Reloaded is fast and easy to use, but, nothing compares to how fast you can build a level in UE4. Granted, you then have to apply scripts to everything to actually have a playable level, but, getting all the assets in place and getting the lighting sorted is so fast and akin to modelling programs.

Very keen, however, to get my teeth sunk into the new beta for Reloaded! Looking forward to all the new features.

Cheers

Jay.

Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2014 14:44
I must admit, since reloaded's latest beta decided to randomly reject some of my diffuse textures, I have been heavily flirting with leadwerks and have gotten some looks from UE4.

I believe I can stay true, but the question is for how long

-Wolf

"When I contradict myself, I am telling the truth"

"absurdity has become necessity"

79% Sale on my latest Scifi Modelpack. Get it here!
unfamillia
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2014 16:03
Quote: "I believe I can stay true, but the question is for how long"

I won't be straying too far.

I will be using Reloaded and UE4. They are great in their own different ways.

Wolf, do you fancy having a chat soon regarding a little mobile game with UE4? Say, Spyra - side scrolling/ third person type game for mobile?

Cheers

Jay.

Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi all,

We are working very hard to get a new build out to you all, and I promise it will be well before Christmas, but we've had a couple of issues raised by our alpha testers that we feel you would prefer fixed, rather than have us release a slightly buggy version.

I can't offer any of you a release date, but it will be sooner rather than later.

Thanks again for staying with us.

SC

3com
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2014 19:23
Quote: "that we feel you would prefer fixed, rather than have us release a slightly buggy version."

Totally agree!

3com
PM
Whyrag
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2014 00:34
I thought it would be released before Thanksgiving for sure or at least on Friday. The AGK maker is released and out of the way now, so hopefully it will be very soon !

Quad core amd, windows 7 home premium, 16 gigs ram, 2GB EVGA Geforce GTX 750 Ti
Jerry Tremble
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2014 00:35
LOL, I'm not going anywhere. I'm just itching to make something! I'm loving Reloaded and can't wait to see how it develops. I believe it will be indeed the easiest game engine/game maker (in fact, I think it already is, albeit unfinished) EVER (or at least until someone comes up with something better, like, "Computer: Make game."). This community adds to the enjoyment of Reloaded. The forums here are awesome! I don't know if anyone has noticed this as I've never seen any comment on it, but I am GMT-7hrs and I get up every morning at around 5am MST. That's around noon over there, and I have my coffee and breakfast while logged on here most mornings. Anyway, there is usually me along with up to maybe 10 people logged on. At 6am, almost without fail, that number jumps to over 90! Now I don't know if folks are just getting back from lunch or what, but that is a HUGE number of people compared to other forums. You might see 10 or so at any given time of day where that info is provided. I know this isn't simply because people are anxious to see info on the latest beta, as this has been going on daily for most of this year (at least since I first noticed it).

Anyway, UE4 is a well polished update of a well polished product, but it has a comparatively steep learning curve. I enjoy working with it and learning it, though, it is quite powerful as well as pretty! I'm only into this as a hobby and to satisfy a question that I had the first time I ever saw a video game (Pong): How did they do that? I found that answer years ago but as time goes by, games become more sophisticated and it's fun to watch it evolve and understand as much as I can as it does. It just satisfies my curiosity. I'm certainly no artist nor am I an expert in programming, but I understand the basic mechanics of all this and the more I'm exposed to, the more I understand. I owe much of that knowledge to the DBPro forums, on which I never registered, only read and absorbed everything I read. Thank you TGC!

Don

PM
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2014 22:50
Quote: "Wolf, do you fancy having a chat soon regarding a little mobile game with UE4? Say, Spyra - side scrolling/ third person type game for mobile?
"

Sure!! I'll be very interested to hear about your idea, altough I'm always a little skeptical on anything sidescrolling

-Wolf

"When I contradict myself, I am telling the truth"

"absurdity has become necessity"

79% Sale on my latest Scifi Modelpack. Get it here!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-02 03:13:35
Your offset time is: 2024-05-02 03:13:35